Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talk to the Team: Scrolls

Default Talk to the Team: Scrolls

Wanted to open this section to get feedback, suggestions, comments on scrolls. Drawbacks, ways to improve them, which aren't used, which are, etc.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Scrolls

OK, Remove the 12 second timer inbetween scroll casts. We have to wait allready while it casts.

Make it so they dont remove themselves on a dis-conn. costly to cast a scroll the lose conn 1 min later and lose the buff anyway.

Some have said their too expensive to buy the comps needed for the scroll v's the cost they can sell the scrolls for, dunno?

Apart from that they seem to work well for me. Being a Primary Dragon its very handy to be able to gift myself while in Doom :)

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post
    OK, Remove the 12 second timer inbetween scroll casts. We have to wait allready while it casts.
    Curious which ones you are trying to use in sequence so quickly? The healing scrolls?

Make it so they dont remove themselves on a dis-conn. costly to cast a scroll the lose conn 1 min later and lose the buff anyway.
    Unfortunately I have no way of doing this. Simply a drawback to being in or near combat.

Some have said their too expensive to buy the comps needed for the scroll v's the cost they can sell the scrolls for, dunno?
    I assume they mean the travel scrolls since no other components are npc-purchased?

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Aye the T5 Gift scrolls. Spcifically the Dex scroll followed by the Str scroll.

Oh one other thing i noticed, dont know if its just me or others too.
    The scrolls dont show in the crafting selection screen.
    Click on the 'scrolls' and just a black screen. Have to select 'all' or 'resource' to see the scrolls.

I love travel scrolls. At any price.

I do not like/use the others.

I love potions and see no reason to use scrolls instead.
    I love to fight in companionship-see no reason to fight alone and use scrolls instead^^
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I would like to make sure travel tokens for the scrolls are not attuned to the buyer. I typically ask folks outside of my guild to furnish the required materials for what I make - that does not work if the tokens are attuned. I also never remember the tokens attune, which makes things a bit awkward...

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    I would like to make sure travel tokens for the scrolls are not attuned to the buyer. I typically ask folks outside of my guild to furnish the required materials for what I make - that does not work if the tokens are attuned. I also never remember the tokens attune, which makes things a bit awkward...
    I agree - I wasn't aware that they were attuned when I purchased some and was very upset when I found out that they attuned upon purchase!
    Chaos: Delite, Delicat, Delectable, Delikit, Delish & Deetara~Blight: DeeDee

While I do purr over milk, give me a huge mug of flavored coffee, I'll be ecstatic!

A few more papyrus resource locations would help a lot too.

While I do purr over milk, give me a huge mug of flavored coffee, I'll be ecstatic!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    I love travel scrolls. At any price.

I do not like/use the others.

I love potions and see no reason to use scrolls instead.
    I love to fight in companionship-see no reason to fight alone and use scrolls instead^^
    I think the scrolls might be used more if they gave buffs of a different intensity/duration, so that at times they're more useful than typically available spells.

For example, the new healing potions awarded at the Bruttien homestead for one quest (that are frankly very needed for survival on the named dire wolf kill quest) interested me. They do not last as long as the Vestia's but they provide significantly faster healing for the shorter duration.

Perhaps if the buff scrolls worked like that instead (especially if stackable with potion effects, though that may imbalance things too much) they'd be put to much more use.

Yes, the travel tokens are too expensive and please get rid of the attuned aspect.

And it is hard to find them listed.

Cixi
    Gnome extraordinaire
    Order

FREE RACHIVAL NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    I think the scrolls might be used more if they gave buffs of a different intensity/duration, so that at times they're more useful than typically available spells.

For example, the new healing potions awarded at the Bruttien homestead for one quest (that are frankly very needed for survival on the named dire wolf kill quest) interested me. They do not last as long as the Vestia's but they provide significantly faster healing for the shorter duration.

Perhaps if the buff scrolls worked like that instead (especially if stackable with potion effects, though that may imbalance things too much) they'd be put to much more use.
    The idea wasn't for them to replace spells, but to offer an alternative for players who can't cast the buffs themselves and don't have anyone around. And to provide a backup way of obtaining buffs if you are out adventuring and they get wiped so that you don't have to head back to town to find someone. Thats why they are the same as the spells.

that was pretty clear, Amon.

That is exactly why I dislike èm^^

And I agree with Awdz: Those she is suggesting, those I would buy.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

To me scrolls have all but solved the spellbook too small problem. Other than I can see the travel tokens being little over priced for mass use by anyone not here years, I like just about everything about the scrolls as is.

I'd support either lowering the price or unattuning them, second option my prefered fix.
    Last edited by Teto Frum; December 27th, 2011 at 03:04 PM. Reason: addition

Quote Originally Posted by Teto Frum View Post
    To me scrolls have all but solved the spellbook too small problem.
    This is not the case for me, as my inventory is too overstuffed already.

Any news on getting the scrolls to show up in the scroll creation window rather than just a black screen? would make it alot easier to craft them.

Any news on getting the scrolls to show up in the scroll creation window rather than just a black screen? would make it alot easier to craft them.
    This often happens to me when crafting. If I select the link in the crafting window back to the formula and choose the same product, then the info shows up about effects, level requirements, etc. Although it happened this morning when looking up a scroll, it happens with many different crafting formulas.

Sorry, what i ment was in the Knowledge book, in Formulas, if i select just the scroll (so i should only be shown scrolls) i just get a black screen.
    I have to search for them using the default 'show everything' click.

A pain when your books crammed with stuff.

Oh, great point, I'd forgotten about that. I think they're sorted under resources...? I usually just find them by typing the keyword "scroll" in the text line at the bottom of the knowledge book.

Sorry, what i ment was in the Knowledge book, in Formulas, if i select just the scroll (so i should only be shown scrolls) i just get a black screen.
    I have to search for them using the default 'show everything' click.

A pain when your books crammed with stuff.
    Custom filter would solve your problem:
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...24209&p=261443

"Unattune the travel tokens" is my only useful input. Like awdz (and others) have said, it throws a kink in the "just bring me all the materials and I'll make you the items" crafting plan. Given that I can't see any problems unattuned tokens would cause-- you still have to buy them, they still cost as much, you still need the craft school/skill/forms to turn them into something useful-- it seems like a pointless nuisance to me.

Thread Information