Thread: The World's Saddest Game....

Default The World's Saddest Game....

...and I mean that in the good sense.
    For the past week I've been watching a "let's play" of a little game called "To the Moon"-if there ever was a game worthy of praise, it be this one. It's more than just a game-it's a story that truly touches your heart.

It was so good, I just had to share it. So my present to the rest of you, here's the link to the YouTube video, played by ChaoticMonki. It's 12 parts long, about 20 mins. per part. See how long you can last before shedding a tear.

First Part: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzKf_E1qoNQ

And as a side note: if you like the game yourself-you can also purchase it yourself for $5-link provided in the description of the video. 50% of the money goes to charity. So you get a great game and do a good thing-good day!

Merry Christmas.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Default Re: The World's Saddest Game....

curses, you made me fill up.

Really good story.

Wow. Also gotta hand it to Cry. Such a good fit of a narrator for this game.

Laura Shigihara... the same girl that does the music in this game, did the quite awesome "Zombies on the Lawn" for PvZ.

The game, the idea in it, the music, the narrator,... all of this bring tears...beautiful as much at it is sad...

Molvanīa, a land untouched by modern dentistry

I clicked on this thread expecting to see The Company of Myself, but this did not disappoint. Thanks for sharing!
    Last edited by Velea; January 21st, 2012 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Link removed

Bought this on Steam today...

And I must say... wow....

I didn't watch the video above (I tend to dislike people talking in the background, I think it is distracting IMO), so I played it myself and...

I'm not sure I even have the words to describe this.

Sure, it costs $7-10, but I felt it was worth it, even though I played clear to the end in one sitting. Kinda short game (kinda like Dear Esther), but the story is pretty deep and complicated. And the writers of that game need some serious recognition; they did an excellent job on delivering a thought-provoking story.

It depends which server board I think is which.

To The Moon is very very amazing. I watched PewDiePie play it and it almost made me cry at many points. I love the storyline and the meaning of it. Very wonderful.

Recently tried To The Moon and Freebird's other games, excellent storylines, and I have to agree.. To The Moon is definitely an emotional story
    Bahkar, Ancient Helian Dragon of Chaos (100/100/68). Vell, Human Warrior/Cleric (56/36).
    All it takes for Evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

Thread Information