Thread: Spikes Request and Ears? o.o

Default Spikes Request and Ears? o.o

Hai there, I just saw in the post of Ceyra that awhile she asked if there were able to be spikes, then Kesqui posted an picture of his dragon's spikes, and I would like to ask someone if would be able to do something like that for my dragie. http://community.istaria.com/forum/a...8&d=1315505917
    It looks very nice and I wanted it tough x.x

Aswell wanted to ask, if there isnt a way to turn the earfins from the earfined dragon into large ears. Some style like my char has that I drew, like this: http://kurayenna.deviantart.com/gall...t=120#/d34j3r5 Its just curiosity, to try make my dragie closer to what in rl looks like, at least in my mined XD.

Oh, now that Im thinking, is there a way to make some like armbands or just some random things to wear? I mean, my dragie uses to wear fingerless long gloves, and was thinking if there's a way to make them like a mod so I can see them in game. I just got so mutch ideas but I dont know how to try and edit models. wich program I need to do so to try hting smyself so I can only request :/ Lets hope something of it its possible.

Thats all I think :3

Taikeru Auris - [100/76/31/12] ~ ''The Primal Guardian of the Ancients of Order''

Default Re: Spikes Request and Ears? o.o

The ears are probably not doable, I'm afraid. As players, we cannot edit the actual 3D models. What we can edit are the textures, so you might be able to retexture the earfins to look like those ears, but they wouldn't be as big, likely. It also means that you can add things like jewelry or gloves, provided you don't need them to be anything more than flat against your dragon's scales. If you like Kesqui's spine-frill mod, you might be better served by sending him a PM in case he misses your thread.

The program I use to do mods like this is Photoshop. You'll likely need to pick up the AGH Viewer too, to pull textures from the game. I will warn you that Istaria is.. a little finicky. There are a few things (like the spikes) I've come across that I just don't know why they do or don't work.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Oh I see, well the problem is that Imnot able to make Photoshop work properly so Im not able to edit these textures.
    Ive sent an PM to Kesqui and didnt answered yet, well Ill wait more.

Aswell, Im askign someone if its able to make these armbands, if the ears aint able to do thanks

Taikeru Auris - [100/76/31/12] ~ ''The Primal Guardian of the Ancients of Order''

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    If you like Kesqui's spine-frill mod, you might be better served by sending him a PM in case he misses your thread.
    "Her" and "she" actually

And my tailfrill/hipfrill mod only works for one specific scale type (the small, fine scale texture one that Kesqui has) - if your dragon isn't using dragon_sk00_head00.agh for the scale texture, Kesqui's hip and tailfrills won't work.
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

Oh okay didn't know. I forgot that these spikes aren't the same in every texture. My bad

well, I finally got my password back (random string of characters isn't random enough for ME XD), and I just remembered how I can actually help you get those darker armbands, it would just require some digging around in my email to find the right files again (basic dragon texture (seeing as I cannot get the AGHviewer working on any of my comps), and something which shows me which texture goes where), and I'd have to blankly stare at my game files to find something to replace them with, BUT, I can tell you I will try my best to get them done :3

Thank you very mutch

Wow, I really like Kesqui's spines too! Unfortunately, I use a different scale type.

Were there any more mods like this for the other scale types? Or documented know-how to do-it-yourself?

I did the mod for Kesqui's myself, converting the AGH files to TGA, then erasing the appropriate frill sections and redrawing what I wanted on top of them.
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

Quote Originally Posted by Kesqui View Post
    I did the mod for Kesqui's myself, converting the AGH files to TGA, then erasing the appropriate frill sections and redrawing what I wanted on top of them.
    I have a tiny bit of texture editing experience myself, mainly with GIMP. So, I might can try it if GIMP supports either file type. Which files did you change specifically? More than one?

Did you have to draw in some blanks for the tail section so that they could have transparency?

Thread Information