Thread: test vs live server patch compatibility

Default test vs live server patch compatibility

Just want to throw this out there, and see if anyone else is having the same issue. I recently patched to the Blight server to get the real shadows. played on there for a bit then decided to see what it looks like on one of my live server characters. bypassed the patcher, logged in, it worked fine for a day then all the sudden my graphics freaked out, my computer froze (to the point I had to hard boot it to unfreeze it) and an error window popped up saying my display adapter driver has failed.

So I figured, ok, maybe the driver needs an update. I updated, restarted the computer, and logged into a live server. same thing happened. called a tech for my computer`s manufacturer. (since my computer`s new, and still under warrenty), they took remote control, checked over everything that could cause a graphics driver to fail. even uninstalled/reinstalled the driver, nothing is wronge.

ok, odd. why am I crashing? so then I logged back onto blight. works fine. no crashes. played for a few hours, nothing happened, the game, and computer are running perfectly smoothly.
    so then I decided to patch to live. essentualy patching out the blight client. now it works fine on live.
    So, The only thing I can think of is the test servers patch, and the live server`s patch aren`t compatible with each other.

Can someone test this problem? I already sent a support ticket, but is anyone else having this problem?

Default Re: test vs live server patch compatibility

I did notice some weird FPS drop on Chaos using the 384 Blight client. The programmers are looking into it.

My guess is there's something special about the location on live that you're loading in on. (Where are you loading, what direction are you facing, and on what shard?) Blight doesn't have as much stuff on plots as the live shards do, so loading in a community on a live shard may stress the client more than the same community on Blight.

The graphics freaking out thing is something you should check out. It's possible that the heatsink/fan on the card is clogged with dust, the fan isn't spinning, or there isn't enough airflow over the card. Make sure the card is adequately ventilated and dust free, before permanent damage occurs.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Thanks Steel, I think it`s a game issue though. because when on Blight with the blight client active (patched) it runs fine, but after I patched back to live (Chaos/Order) the graphics stopped freaking, and now runs fine. however I get a lot of CTDs since they started patching the world cache every launch. usualy after 5 or 6 teleports/recalls CTD. then I clear the world cache, and all good again for another few log in`s or so XD
    But I`ll deffinately check out my fans, my tower`s so quiet I am wondering if it`s even got any fans O.o

Oh.. IM sure it has fans.. whether or not they are actually spinning is what's in question I believe.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Seems all the fans are functioning fine. Tower`s not even runing hot XD
    however, every once in a while my screen like turns off. maybe it`s not my computer, but my monitor O.o
    could be, though it`s a good 3 years old XD

Thread Information