Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many actual new players are there really?

Default Re: How many actual new players are there really?

30 to 60 people id say thats a great day for order that shard has a smaller population but very friendly.

Chaos is the main server which is heavily populated..
    and blight id gather is the smallest server because it is the test server for new content

the only advertisment i am awar of is player made, though things like spread the word i do this myself...and can be done by eather 4 blog posts about the game or 8 posts withpics and a explination of them ...all posts are required to have alink to the istaria site...i receved several replys to them from ppl that were intrested in the game that way.
    Chrystalas Wolfbane (Saris of the Scions)..Just a normal lil kitty cat ...well maby a bit crazy..just a bit..

Knowing that lag is an issue for some I'd have to wonder whether it helps to have about 8-10 dragons in New Trismus, even if some are hatchies or afk or just chatting. Lag is always a factor in choosing a new game to play and so can a starting area (for those who aren't used to the "quirks" that all starting zones have).
    Russet Autumnsong - Satyr, female, obsessive crafter.

do we really still have that much performance probs?

Yesterday I heard about multiple crashes (xp comps) from players who`ve just returned. Annoying.

I have no idea why some players have probs and others don`t.
    Flame and me are fine- though I dual log and Flame runs his second char on his laptop. And we both do not have new or special comps (5-6 years old).

Not to gather in Tris is not a solution in my eyes. What is worse?
    A lag-or an empty beginner area..
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I'm on a fairly new (less than a year old) machine with above-average specs, and I'll see lag in NT when I first fly into the town...the image will stutter quite badly, as a matter of fact, but settles down fairly quickly...I usually fly a circle over town before attempting to land as I'm never sure which direction I'll be facing until it *does* settle down...lol...

Still have the (*very* rare now, thankfully) sudden crash to desktop, with no error messages or anything else...I simply go from Istaria to desktop. And, at least once a day (on my normal 6-7 hours within the game), I'll gate or recall and Istaria becomes "unresponsive," forcing me to CTRL-ALT-DEL to get out of it....

All of that being said, to bring myself back on-topic ( ), I'd rather see a bit of lag in NT, with dragons and bipeds around to welcome/assist/eat new players than to have the town empty of all but the odd NPC....odd players are ever-so-much more fun!
    Cogito, ergo sum Draconem.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    do we really still have that much performance probs?

Yesterday I heard about multiple crashes (xp comps) from players who`ve just returned. Annoying.

I have no idea why some players have probs and others don`t.
    Flame and me are fine- though I dual log and Flame runs his second char on his laptop. And we both do not have new or special comps (5-6 years old).

Not to gather in Tris is not a solution in my eyes. What is worse?
    A lag-or an empty beginner area..
    Gathering near but not actually in Tris is a solution. Maybe sit/stand/and so on, on the side near the dragon trainers so that adult/ancient dragons can meet the new hatchies without crowding out the town? It's fairly unnerving to have to wade through dragon bodies as a biped just to get to your quest giver/crafting table/connie/and so on.
    Russet Autumnsong - Satyr, female, obsessive crafter.

Thread Information