Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blight Update 218 Discussion

Default Blight Update 218 Discussion

If you wish to discuss Blight Update 218 you can do so here. To read the notes for the update, go here.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Default Re: Blight Update 218 Discussion

Mite want to add in a change to the Dimensional pocket 2 quest?

Now that sand crabs are hostile and Delgarath has nasty mobs around it.
    Its neigh on immpossible to get a low lvl hatchie to deliver the spell shards to 'Breath of Fire'.........having to drag a disc because the weight is 100 over the max of an empty pack dont help much cos it stops you using sprint.

This is a quest designed for a lvl 20 craft so having to go thru aggresive T5 areas dont make any sence now.

Balit will now give out a crystal called "Balit's Signet Stone" instead of a Ring to Dragons. This crystal is an Armor crystal and boosts the same resistances as the ring.

This is great! thank you

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

So uh... you removed the T1 Azulyte from LA Deadlands?

Not sure where I'm supposed to do T1 Lattice now (as an adult flyer)... unsure why this was done. What about the now-debunk crystalshaper that was in the public lair near the LA deadlands? It'll be useless now without the Azulyte.

This might not be the right spot but at present not sure where to place this question

my question is what is or was the purpose of making Druid, spiritist and Monk a prestige type class.

In my opinion mage has no relation to spiritist what so ever

What relation does cleric have to druid when the Revitalize and Improved Revitalize can use Life or Nature skill

Lastly Warrior and Monk i do not see any relation at all between these schools.

To me it feels like not to be rude or anything a waste of time making a player do classes they may not even like just to get a class they want and have to go through the quest to have the warrior, mage, or cleric schools removed

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post
    Mite want to add in a change to the Dimensional pocket 2 quest?

Now that sand crabs are hostile and Delgarath has nasty mobs around it.
    Its neigh on immpossible to get a low lvl hatchie to deliver the spell shards to 'Breath of Fire'.........having to drag a disc because the weight is 100 over the max of an empty pack dont help much cos it stops you using sprint.

This is a quest designed for a lvl 20 craft so having to go thru aggresive T5 areas dont make any sence now.
    Thanks, made a note of it.

So uh... you removed the T1 Azulyte from LA Deadlands?
    Yes, there are plenty of other locations for Viridian Azulyte including Genevia, the Kion Mine, Kion Volcano, Mala and near Sslanis.

my question is what is or was the purpose of making Druid, spiritist and Monk a prestige type class.
    They don't related 1-to-1, you are correct about that, but the change was made so that Monk, Spiritist and Druid weren't considered Base schools any longer but were instead semi-Prestige schools that required you to gain at least 10 levels in something first.

By requiring players to level at least one of the base four schools first they at least learn the basics of the game and hopefully don't skip content to run be a monk or druid.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

May i ask some simple examples of content that would be skipped

Quote Originally Posted by starlight View Post
    May i ask some simple examples of content that would be skipped
    Sure, we have had many players over the years since who skipped Spirit Isle and New Trismus and went straight to Lesser Aradoth to become a Monk or all the way to Dalimond to become a Druid only to discover they couldn't do the content around those areas at level 1. That was the original and the continued reason behind the change. Its all about lowering the barrier to entry for new players.

Ok on the not being able to hunt creature in the areas of kion or dalimond but not to be rude to you or any one else but um why not just get Monk or druid and go back to new tris and begin hunting there?

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Yes, there are plenty of other locations for Viridian Azulyte including Genevia, the Kion Mine, Kion Volcano, Mala and near Sslanis.
    Thus, Nuthala is no longer a good location for making T1 Primal Essences. Just sayin'.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Quote Originally Posted by starlight View Post
    Ok on the not being able to hunt creature in the areas of kion or dalimond but not to be rude to you or any one else but um why not just get Monk or druid and go back to new tris and begin hunting there?
    Because they don't. People hunt where they join their school.

Quote Originally Posted by Xoshara View Post
    Thus, Nuthala is no longer a good location for making T1 Primal Essences. Just sayin'.
    Arrgh.

I hate having to re-learn where to do everything, every time I find the desire to do things again.

Just because "there are others elsewhere" doesn't mean they -had- to remove the ones in the LA Deadlands.

I liked the LA Deadlands, I was used to the LA Deadlands.

Now I have to try and learn a new area that I am not familiar with. Of the Azulyte in the Kion Mines/Kion Volcano...

1). Is there a Crystalshaper there? If not, then this area is useless.
    2). Are there also gems nearby? If not, useless for lattice.
    3). Are there wisps/essence shaper there? If not, useless for Primal Essence.

Same would be asked fo the other place. I remember other people pointing me to Genevia, touting it as this "awesome" place to do T1 Lairshaping. I go there, and I find myself having to travel father for the materials, the workshops are more spread out, etc. That's why I used LA Deadlands for anything having to do with T1 Azulyte.

Now I'm being more or less forced to go back to Genevia (which I didn't like) or the Kion Mines/Volcano (which I don't even know)?

.... meh.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Previously the shared timer for melee abilities were categorized into three types: Power, Emergency and Multi. We've now created a fourth timer category for called Utility. For Warrior, the following abilities have been modified to use this new timer category: Cripple (was Multi), Rend Armor (was Power), and Negate Attack (was Power).

Is this being applied to Beserker also? I notice most of their abilities are on a shared timer.
    Also Headbutt does Slash damage? surly this would be Crush??

Seperate note; Would it be possible to raise one of the doorways in New Trismus Vault? A Half Giant cant fit in and makes selecting the junk dealer very tricky as he hides in the middle away from view of the doors.
    Last edited by Sindala; January 17th, 2012 at 10:19 AM.

Is this being applied to Beserker also? I notice most of their abilities are on a shared timer.
    At the moment it is only for Warrior. I'm happy to entertain suggestions for other abilities that could be moved to Utility.

Also Headbutt does Slash damage? surly this would be Crush??
    Yea, that does seem odd.

Oh, wow, I didn't even notice that tidbit about Warriors.

Oh, that would be so _heavenly_.

I used to feel so lost on when to use Rend Armor, when to use Power Slash, etc. Always thought something felt a little wonky there.

I suppose that having to re-learn T1 crafting is an OK payoff for having such a nice change to my warrior..

Seperate note; Would it be possible to raise one of the doorways in New Trismus Vault? A Half Giant cant fit in and makes selecting the junk dealer very tricky as he hides in the middle away from view of the doors.

I got the same problem with my half giant. Would be good to have a solution for that.

Not sure i see the point in this work as Half-Giants have the ability to crouch and move.

Western North America, near a fault and far from volcanoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Xoshara View Post
    Have you thought through the effects of your changes on crafting? Several of the changes will make some crafting more difficult, especially in the first tier where people are just starting to learn the game.

- With the increase in monster levels throughout Lesser Aradoth, it's substantially harder for a new player to survive the trip Sslanis in order to buy crafting techniques. Please move the Tier 1 crafting tech quartermaster to Kion (or New Trismus).

- Removing the Bronze Golems makes Nuthala a much poorer location for beginners to craft armor, weapons, metal tools, and metal scales. On the servers where players have built crafting buildings, it is a great location to send beginners (and one of the first places they'll find useful player-made buildings).

- Shifting the sandstone nodes close to Nuthala works well, even with the much higher level sandstone golems. (tested on Blight, their roam area leaves places a low-level character can sneak in and quarry).

- Eliminating the Enraged Dim Wisp makes harvesting in Nuthala easier, but makes it substantially harder to collect the Enraged Dim Wisp Vitality component, for Adventure: Energy I, Craft: Quarrying I, Defense: Slash Ward I, Spell: Nature Range I. Quarrying and Nature Range are especially problematic.

- Raising the levels of all the monsters makes it much harder for beginners to collect components to make teched gear. This is especially true for Sandstone Golems, Bronze Golems, and Greater Water Elementals (level 24?!?). It's especially bad because the useful Spell: Flame Range I tech becomes much harder for a beginner to get.

When you make it harder for new players to get tech components and techniques, you're hindering your efforts to gain players. You hide away the ability to customize, one big thing that draws crafting players to Istaria.

When you make it harder for new players to encounter and use player-made crafting buildings, you hide away a 'wow!' feature that make Istaria unique.

Does this really seem like a good direction to take the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    Arrgh.

1). Is there a Crystalshaper there? If not, then this area is useless.
    2). Are there also gems nearby? If not, useless for lattice.
    3). Are there wisps/essence shaper there? If not, useless for Primal Essence.
    Now I'm being more or less forced to go back to Genevia (which I didn't like) or the Kion Mines/Volcano (which I don't even know)?

.... meh.
    ONly because I use to be very famiiliar with this area (I have always done ALL My tier 1 work outside of Parsnia) - but keeping in mind Ive not gone there in a year however Im pretty sure these were all NPC/COMMUNITY buildings and not player built.

There are gems and gemcutters - in the caves underneath the volcano. I cant tell you which direction the entrance is (again, been over a year), but I know there is a full compliment with cutter right ouside the caves.

There are wisps and an essense shaper again - right off the volcano. I BELIVE down its W/SW face - heading towards Parsnia - just above teh town. A whole field of wisps and a essence shaper right there.

Ad I BELIEVE - in a lair on the W side of the Volcano - (again right above Parnisa) is a Crystalshaper. Iim pretty sure this was a community built shaper and not a player-owned lair so it should still be there.

In fact, I couldl literally drag my disk off the edge of the volcano and just "fall" almost right onto the lair with the shaper.

None of it was very far at all.

So baring any of t hat being moved an c hanged - now you see - why Parsnia was really the only place I ever went for tier1 lairshaping farming. Its really all right there! Or..use to be.

As a player who was never familiar with player towns at all - Ive done almost nonen of my lairshaping outside of player towns. Ive managed to find almost all the recsources Ive ever need outside major towns.

Now, since the account is dead - and I got to LS60...after level 60 I cant help you LOL. Before level 60, never needed any deadlands or a player town to craft quickly.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Not sure i see the point in this work as Half-Giants have the ability to crouch and move.
    There's a way to crouch? How?

(Yes, I'm 100% serious. Yes I've been playing the game on and off for more of a decade.)

Thread Information