Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blight Update 218 Discussion

Default Re: Blight Update 218 Discussion

• Increased the size of plots in the communities of: Mahagra North, Frostwatch, Winter's Peak, Desert's Edge, Drift Point, Shelter Pass, Wolf's Paw, Aughundell West, Granite Hills, Old Oaks, Kion Shore, North Parsinia, Parsinia, Acul, Valley of Repose, Respose Mountain, and Katja's Shadow.

Increasing the plot sizes would go really well by adding pads/portals to the communities that are missing them
    For example Granite Hills - nice plots there, road and pad, but could really use a portal too.

Can you please consider adding portals to the destinations that currently have only a pad?
    Eventually adding pad/portals to communities that lacks them at all too.

Thank you,
    Northwind - Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper in progress
    Last edited by Northwind; February 2nd, 2012 at 12:39 PM.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    • Increased the size of plots in the communities of: Mahagra North, Frostwatch, Winter's Peak, Desert's Edge, Drift Point, Shelter Pass, Wolf's Paw, Aughundell West, Granite Hills, Old Oaks, Kion Shore, North Parsinia, Parsinia, Acul, Valley of Repose, Respose Mountain, and Katja's Shadow.

Increasing the plot sizes would go really well by adding pads/portals to the communities that are missing them
    For example Granite Hills - nice plots there, road and pad, but could really use a portal too.

Can you please consider adding portals to the destinations that currently have only a pad?
    Eventually adding pad/portals to communities that lacks them at all too.

Thank you,
    Northwind - Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper in progress
    I'm sorry, but not all communities that have a pad should or will have a portal.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

ok, "not all".

But at least the ones that you took the effort to increase the plot sizes?
    Adding a portal will increase the convenience of those communities and may provide an incentive for someone to take a plot there thus rewarding your efforts
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    ok, "not all".

But at least the ones that you took the effort to increase the plot sizes?
    Adding a portal will increase the convenience of those communities and may provide an incentive for someone to take a plot there thus rewarding your efforts
    Not all that I increased the plot size in need or should have a portal. But, I will consider some. Granite Hills, as you pointed out, could definitely use one.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Kesqui View Post
    If you're thinking the community lair with the crystalshaper above Parsinia, that's not the volcano. That's the Lesser Aradoth Deadlands.

The volcano is substantially further north, and I don't believe there's a community lair on it. There's the gem mine, with the viridian azulyte in the mine, but the nearest shaper's over at Parsinia. Not so close when one considers flying with a disk.
    Which is the whole reason why I'm very much against the removal of the Azulyte from the Deadlands...

1). Why remove it? It was convenient, and it was fine. Nobody was forced to use it, but SOME players, like me, very much liked it and used it.
    2). There's no community lair up by the gem mine, hence no crystalshaper. You expect a player to use a hard-earned plot slot just to help out a few T1 lairshapers? Add a community lair then we'll talk.
    3). Again, "Why"? The Azulyte at the LA Deadlands was not hurting anything. Why "fix" what ain't broke?

Is this supposed to be a nerf to T1 lairshaping? Are you trying to make it harder by making us lug materials clear from the Volcano down to a Flight-Only crystalshaper halfway across the continent?

I'd love to hear the actual thought process behind the removal of the LA Deadlands Azulyte. If you thought nobody used it, you were sorely wrong.

And it isn't just about T1 lattice, either. It was also very convenient for T1 Primals too, given the Wisp field right near the LA Deadlands and also the Essence Shaper.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Not all that I increased the plot size in need or should have a portal. But, I will consider some. Granite Hills, as you pointed out, could definitely use one.
    Thanks, much appreciated.

Fabric island can also use a portal or landing pad, desperately. heh

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    Fabric island can also use a portal or landing pad, desperately. heh
    Read this: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=25861

Any chance ya'll are gonna fix the yew/mithril blighted item drops? as in, putting them back in?
    would be nice. the stuff is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zrenree View Post
    Any chance ya'll are gonna fix the yew/mithril blighted item drops? as in, putting them back in?
    would be nice. the stuff is interesting.
    Blighted Items still drop so there is nothing to fix.

Where, I'm clueless as to where it drops. Did a weeklong marathon of SoG last week, killed large amounts of Fyakki, and many, many undead in ED.Not a single peice of blighted gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Zrenree View Post
    Where, I'm clueless as to where it drops. Did a weeklong marathon of SoG last week, killed large amounts of Fyakki, and many, many undead in ED.Not a single peice of blighted gear.
    Blighted Items drop from the following: Aegis-Animates (Fyakki, Kwellen, Myloc, and Hounds) and Aegis-Constructs (Abominations, Aegror, Automatons, Vexator and Anchors).

However, a caveat with the loot system. Blighted Items are considered RARE drops so they will only be dropped from Named Mobs or those in the "upper-half" of the Tier. So, if you are hunting Tier5 Blighted Items then you will need to hunt mobs that are level 91-100. Mobs below 91 won't drop rare items unless they are Named.

thank you for the clarification, so only 91-100 mobs will drop it? thats probably why I didnt find it. was killing 100+ lvl

Giving that Acul got a major face lift during this update, I was wondering if we could tweak the steel spawn.. I find that this is the worst place for metal, giving that its a t3 resource. It shouldn't be more time consuming to mine than cobalt or mithril.

I find it takes 2-3 times longer to fill a disk/inventory with steel. The nodes are all seperated so much, they seem to be spawning in a 500m x 500m area. This leads to the feeling of "hate" for this metal. The refinery is another 100m away from the nodes making it take upwards of 45 minutes to 1 hour just to fill one load with 2400 bars.

I find there are Motherloads that spawn occasionally but once they are used, more often than not, they don't respawn for a long time.

The rich nodes are all over the place, never really helping to fill up the inventory any faster.

The 4 massive hills are hard to climb, take to long to navigate, and often times, are the place where the rich and ML spawn.. Taking even longer to fill a disk.

What I would like to see is:
    - A reduction in the size of the spawn
    - Downsize the hills so they dont' feel so impassable
    - Adjust the spawn so there is a MotherLoad of Iron and Dark Iron at all times
    - Reduce the amount of small nodes (If necassary)
    - No change for the current number of rich nodes.
    - Extend the road further so we can maintain a road bonus up to the spawn.

Thanks for listening!
    Last edited by Finkledbody; February 15th, 2012 at 10:21 PM.

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

I will agree that I never liked mining in Acul.

A few people suggested it to me, I went there and I was like "eh... what the heck is this? how am I supposed to do this?" and I promptly quit and went back to Summit and kept doing it there instead. Even with the longer walk from the ore to the player-made expert shop (or the public smelter), the small spawn area was still superior in every way.

That, and at Summit, there's no forest and/or treants to worry about getting too close to. IIRC, the ore at Acul has a forest not too far away from it...

Thread Information