Thread: Keyboard issue with 384.19.2

Default Keyboard issue with 384.19.2

I use an AZERTY french keyboard and with the latest Blight client my keys are messed up: the letters work fine, but the special characters seem to be mapped on QWERTY keyboard at first look.

This is very uncomfortable and it didn't happen (as far as I remember) with v384.18. Current Live client doesn't have this issue.
    Of course, my keyboard works fine with other programs or Windows.

And as we are with keyboard, there is a minor issue that has always existed (at least since 2004): the character û can't be created (â, ê, ô, î work fine), so I have to mispell some french words like "goût" (taste) or "sûr" (sure).
    That's something I can live with, but if it is easy to fix...
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Default Re: Keyboard issue with 384.19.2

Correction: problem also exists with v384.18.0. I could try it with another computer which wasn't up to date.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

I hav the same problem, and i send in a ticket about this issue a few weeks back. And i got told it would be handed to the team. Then i have not heard anything more about it. And i still have the issue.

I am useing a danish keyboard, and the game now only use american setup, so manything like ? and smiley i have no idea where to find.

so i am useing an old client now, and i dont have the new updates to the game because of this issue to the keyboard settings in game.

Hope it will be fixed soon
    Abbie: 100 Sorcerer, 100 Wizard, 100 Conjurer, 100 Chaos Warrior

This issue is still not fixed with client v384.24. With current Live client, it works just fine.
    Please fix it before the new client hits Live shards or it will become a real pain.

yes pls- much important.

I know I have no chance to win that fight. Keyboard will win^^
    Is NO fun playing.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

If you maybe fix the french û - we germans have: ä ö ü and the capital versions are missing: Ä Ö Ü would be nice if this gets fixed sometimes
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

I sent a ticket about it to support team a while ago.

I made changes related to this issue in build 384.35, but I don't have AZERTY keyboard to test.
    Please could you test and report the result?

Sure thing, but I have just patched on Blight and it's still v384.34 (and of course still bugged).

384.35 release will be soon.

I have patched to v384.35 and the keyboard mapping seems to be back to normal. Thank you.

Thread Information