Thread: Monk Damage?

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Default Monk Damage?

Ok, i'm working up Spirit Disciple and im at lvl 80 at moment.
    One thing i'm noticing is that they hit like little girls!
    I have to fallback on my Spiritist training and use Bolt to kill stuff.

While i was checking out the Hits database i got going i notice my char is hitting mobs using Crush damage??

What is this damage? I use Unarmed so are all my TP's wasted in Unarmed??
    Should i be dropping them in 1&2 hand crush??

Seems this could be a reason why monks hit like girls...even using their specials.

Anyone on the Dev team enlighten me plz?

Default Re: Monk Damage?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but in terms of damage types, there is no such thing as "unarmed" damage. Fists do use the Unarmed skill, presumably, but deal crushing damage because that is one of the valid melee damage types: crush, pierce, and slash. Other damage types are magical, e.g. energy, or special, e.g. melody.
    An example of how that works: dragons deal slashing damage with or without a claw weapon equipped, using the Tooth & Claw skill in both cases.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

The various attack buffs (damage conversion like energy flame ice and primal) might add some flavor to monk/disciple melee but in my multiclass mix as caster favored I did not do any melee with the monk/disciple classes so I cannot address the melee of these classes with any meaningful input (for me evasion was the objective).

Knossos

Whats wrong with girls??

B O N K
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I am in the same boat as Knossos, I picked up monk for the evasion abilities vs the melee ones, however their damage output is quite low vs other classes at the same level...

Have you tried equipping handwraps, as those are technically "unarmed" weapons that were brought into fruition as Monks were being "adjusted" for their damage way back in the day.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Main problem for damages with Monks is they only earn 6 Strenght per level: I suggest to level Fitter school to fix that.

For the handwraps, make sure their damage statistics are higher than the statistics of your current Unarmed Mastery. If your Unarmed Mastery is higher, get some new handwraps or just remove the old ones as they wil cap your damages.
    That works the same way as melee with Dragons (Unarmed and Tooth & Claws are very similar).

A damage crystal (xxx of Might, Lacerating, etc...) may also be a good idea on your handwraps: Monks hit fast, so this give more chance to have the effect to process.

A well trained Monk can be quite efficient: I have a lvl 70 Monk (no other adventure school)/ lvl 100 Fitter who can challenge the golems on Island of Ice with the right equippement, buffs and potions. Of course, his training points in Unarmed and Strenght are maxed out.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

I'd guess I would have to argue the point that Monk / Discps do very little damage I have 4 alts dedicated to unarmed and they all kick butt, w/ fast attacks great hit %'s, granted they are not great at taking on more then 8-10 baddies at once, they more then hold their own over like a KNOC or other alts I have.

Monks should be able to use 2 handwraps and maybe make a 50% chance to swing with off hand or double attack for unstyled damage. Monks do hit fast so get some % to proc xstals or techs for those wraps.

Thread Information