Thread: its not a lovesong either

Default its not a lovesong either

I am annoyed and frustrated. And disappointed.

Queen Hunt on Order.
    2 full groups.
    Lots of power, knowledge and experience.
    Sorcerer, ranger, healer..at least 10 mighty dragons-all well equipped.
    More than 4 hours-no success.

Queen is not mezzable nor stunnable. Heals herself or gets healed like we saw it before.
    But the adds- no end- only 2 drags left on queen- all other fights adds-no success.

Or -after nearly all adds killed: Queen decided to aggro on the 2 bow users.
    Did every move they did (remember BOWS- they stand away from group), chasing them all through the chamber. No chance for us to get her back.

facit: We can`t hunt Delga anchor on Order
    We can`t hunt Queen on Order
    Same goes for Reklar
    and wasen`t there something with Sog (not stunnable? Claw bugged?)

I wonder if Chaos and Blight are that strong that they have no probs with that?
    But can we offer more than 20 experienced players, lots of them vets with excellent, rare equippment, and the knowledge of 1000sands of hunts??

We spend the last 2 days to prepare for that hunt.. all were looking forward.

Maybe I should throw my combat scales away, buy Luna a big disc and retire with all my big dragons..

Sry grammar and style.. but THIS IS REALLY A RANT
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; January 15th, 2012 at 06:39 PM.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Default Re: its not a lovesong either

It really was a valiant hunt. It was a bummer that we did not succeed but I think I learned something so I don't consider it a total loss.

I came in a bit late as ranger, and did not register if I was supposed to be going after the adds (sorry if I screwed things up as a result!). I was targeting the queen with Galderos' heart activated. I also activated my adamantium sunscope. I found that none of the adds could attack me with it on; it was like the light blinded them, and as long as I did not attack them, they went after someone else instead.

When I went all out against the queen with gnomian prowess, flurry of lightning arrows (annoying that she was immune to that stun), ice attack, and hero's resolve up, I think I annoyed her. It was as though she directed her minions at me but they could not hurt me, so she had to take action. At least twice, she used her special aoe on those around her and then started chasing me. I'm not sure if she is really that intelligent or just cycles between those attacking her.

In summary,
    1) Adamantium sunscopes are good for support (healers).
    2) The queen is vengeful and refuses to be drawn away from her target until that target is dead.

Sad to hear she was unkillable... same thing for this anchor... and the others... developpers should fix all of this and understand Order people are not as many as Chaos' are...

Sorry that the hunt with the queen didn't go well. SoG has always had a chance to be unstunnable however and he is killable while he is.

Order/Chaos, Harro and Pleasant Canyon respectively

Woooooow, now do I feel sorry I left when I did ._. You couldnt kill her at all?! After _ALL_ the time?
    Guys, I was there and really, just as we got her to less than 1/4 she healed back to more than 2/4. I was the one taking care of the adds and they just kept coming too!
    There should be something done about that...
    ~Fluffy of Order

I'd like to chime in here as well. The fight was very similar to how the Novo boss mob was on Dawn. At several points, the Queen was down to 15-20%, but then she threw a big AoE, spawned several adds and was back to 80-90% health within 1 minute. When it takes the better part of an hour to get Shaloth down to 15% health, to have her jump back up to nearly full in minutes is somewhat ridiculous. I understand that she is supposed to be difficult, but that is ludicrous.

In addition, we had a decent percentage of Orders Ancients and biped over rating 120 present, all of them well geared. 20 people beating on Shaloth, throwing heals and accumulating death point after death point for 4 hours. It was exhilarating, but it was not fun. Over the course of the fight, we tried stuns, different damage types, a full group dedicated to intercepting adds (Which doesn't do much when she spawns 8+ mylocs every few minutes) and all sorts of different things. None of it worked.
    Ssilmath Torshak, Paladin of the Lost, Shaman of the Damned, Master Armorsmith

My other "crack would be cheaper" hobby
    http://ssilmath.deviantart.com/

Even in a more relaxed mode than yesterday night^^:
    Something must have changed. It was not my /our first Queenhunt by far.

That NOTHING can mezz/stunn/keep her from spawning adds
    and
    that she is chasing those with bows.

I heard you Awdz, you might be right, but pls consider: Our second bow experienced the same. And he did not use any of the things you describe
    (Hero`s Resolve, sunscope, gnomian power. Rain of arrows he used too.

Pls devs: Hunting together is what most of the people like most.

Be it something like the WA attacs or go for the bosses.
    Its difficult to organize those hunts. Player base is lower than in other games, and we often have a time zone prob.
    I am the last one who wants it all more easy, golden plate or main stream.
    No- not that!
    But: Its not that easy to introduce newer players to the mystriums of our bosses. We invest much time in this.
    To get the feeling of a common goal and a shared success.
    But NOT for the feeling that we all- a whole shard is not able to win.
    And a bunch of dp.
    And wasted hours on a precious weekend (plus time that has to be spend in taverns. I do not care-but others do. And I respect that).

Queen was ok at the beginning. Though was Delga anchor
    (thy Anmon- I saw you fixed anchor on Blight).

I`ll never understand why winning features that are not bugged
    are changed ..and end up somehow messed.

It was a bit insane that she could heal that fast, we could not keep up.
    "There is no such thing as perfect. You're beautiful as you are. With all of your imperfections, you can do anything."

i have to agree with all the above, we were in there for several hours, to leave feeling distraught at what had occured. 4+ hours for not...

i am the 2nd ranger, there from the beginning, till the end of the fight. when we finally agreed this was not gonna be a day that we would win a fight with the Queen.

Order seems to be experiencing a lot of major issues. as a ranger, targetting and hitting from afar, yet i managed to have the queen leave her target and chase me around tthe room till she killed me after about 5 minutes. i, in no way, was able to do the damage to her, that all the dragons were doing.. how is it she targetted me, or Awdz, and chased us around the room, till death. no one was able to regain her aggro during that time. the spawns were rediculous to say the least. and her heals were outrageous. please look into this issue, amongst others that have been reported to you time after time. and still with no results, as to any fixes for these problems.

i know we had 2 full groups, plus we had extra's that we had no room for in groups, that were there to help us win this battle. but all to no avail.

Ty,
    Malicore

Note to devs: If the queen has different abilities on different days, please consider that if she cannot be mezzed/stunned, we need her to not heal nearly so quickly or not call spawn at the same rate - something to give us a fighting chance.

that queen hunt was fun but impossible to kill her at the rate she heals
    Chrystalas Wolfbane (Saris of the Scions)..Just a normal lil kitty cat ...well maby a bit crazy..just a bit..

Unfortunately, this is nothing new. The last Queen hunt I went on had the same problems. All culminated by, after about an hour and a half, she took off through a wall, and never returned. No clue where she went. This was some months ago, and I havn't bothered going back since.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

I am encouraging everyone to file tickets on this as wel - I think there has to be some legitmate issues going on that perhaps, since this is in the RANT area, people wont be made aware.

So I encourage everyone who was in teh fight to file tickets on what mechanics you guys were seeing and what was so off.

Otherwise - well who would have guessed it. This wouuld make Istaria THE game for the TRUE "hard core raiders!"

LOL yea no /sad
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Please do NOT file tickets on this.

We are aware and reading.

I know Velea,
    I see the anchor fixed on Blight- thank you for that again.

just an additional info: if queen decided to chase someone-she leaves her chamber
    so she could be pulled out like it was at the beginning (which was a bug).

It depends which server board I think is which.

This is strange, I was on a queen hunt on order before with almost 2 full groups. Many dragons, 2 healers or so, and a few rangers.. can't remember exactly. We killed her within an hour. Order as well. o.O

Considering how many time everyone put into the whole thing, they should be awarded the kill considering the whole mess was bugged anyways, IMO.

But then that's just my opinion. I'd hate to spend that much time, that many DPs, that many resources, and end up with absolutely nothing in the end run. I could see it, if it were functioning properly and the people did something wrong, but it sounds like that this was bugged and/or not functioning properly.

Thread Information