Thread: Dragons and Sp points?

Default Dragons and Sp points?

i'v been windering this for a few days now ...
    i manly play as a dragon .. and for the yrs i'v played i all was put the sp points in to T@C ,str , and a little in primle .
    but is is worth puting in to T@C ? or shold i Max out str and put the points from T@C in to dex ?
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

Default Re: Dragons and Sp points?

If you want to play Lunus melee warrior, you'd put everything on Strength and TaC.

I'll assume that you play a standard melee dragon. The general consensus is that TnC trumps everything else. Maybe you'll want some Primal if you cast offensive spells at all. All the other stats are pretty subjective and can depend on what scale set you're using. If you have a strength set, maybe you'll want to forgo putting points in strength and dump them into dexterity instead, etc.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Lets skype about this Helle.

Its so much to say about how to skill a dragon.

I happyly share my knowledge with you.

Hear ya
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

But but, Chio's want to know too =(

I'm mostly going Tooth and Claw as well. I hear we get a lot of help from Dexterity though? Not really strength?

Cio- its really much to say/write about that.
    And my English is not that good.
    Lots of wise drags wrote about that in different threads. You may want to look up there.

But in the end- besides that we all agree on armor scales and the fact that pure caster drags are too weak for the challenges- its a question of personal taste. I have 3 ancients -all different skilled.
    (and yes- I work with 1000dex current- others don`t)
    But I never did all on t&c-
    my ideas are not a secret:^^ I simply shall share screen with Helle- so she can take a look at my drags^^and the way I skilled/dressed them.
    (I shall not explain that much to her^^ my spoken English is not much better^^)

Dawes. Not a problem. Screenshots speak a lot! Might be neat to have those posted? Or you could just PM me I'm trying to figure it out for myself, and trying to figure out where combat is for me. Last night I tried a bit of fighting and it was alright. Melee don't have a lot of options for buttons to push It is however the way Chioxin fights RP wise. He'd explode himself if he tried really using primal magic!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    Lets skype about this Helle.

Its so much to say about how to skill a dragon.

I happyly share my knowledge with you.

Hear ya
    sure i just got to see when u'll be on and i dont have work -_- i dont know yet about this weekend >_> i'll see what my hr are XD and ty for the info
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

There are a lot of theories out there Hellenia, but I go for maximum damage output on my Lunus: str maxed and tooth&claw maxed. Please bear in mind that my days of experimenting with dragon training points are far in the past hehe . My personal opinion is that dex is very nearly worthless... here's why: Dex gets you additional tooth&claw skill 1/3 as effectively as spending directly into the tooth&claw skill. Dex also raises your evasion by an equal quantity. Thus, even if you (very mistakely from what I remember of my long ago experiments) buy the idea that evasion is as valuable for a dragon as tooth&claw skill... you only end up with 2/3 as much to the good as you would get directly buying tooth&claw skill.

In my personal opinion, my first priority for training points for my Lunus is tooth&claw skill-- you need to hit as often as possible, and you get additional melee damage 1/3 as effectively as points spent into str. My second priority is getting my buffed str up in the 1800+ range fully buffed with dragon buffs only. If I'm planning on doing a lot of epic or difficult hunts, I'd be tempted to shave some points from str and add them to health... perhaps as many as 150 training points. Otherwise, just do the easy split of maxing t&c and str . I'm definitely a "best defense is to kill 'em before they get the chance to hurt you" kind of player lol.

Good luck, and feel free to give me a shout if you're ever on Chaos!
    Khalon, Ancient Helian 100/100/100
    Xynder, Ancient Lunus 100/84/20
    Martel, Dwarven combat medic and crafter

I have been wondering about this too. i just redid my lunus dragons stats. and now she doesnt do much dmg and takes a lot of dmg. and i cant undo it. so i got to start over. and shes level 60. I have no idea where to put the stats at. can someone explain it to me? i want my new char to be helian.

Click me!

Quote Originally Posted by baileytheferret View Post
    I have been wondering about this too. i just redid my lunus dragons stats. and now she doesnt do much dmg and takes a lot of dmg. and i cant undo it. so i got to start over. and shes level 60. I have no idea where to put the stats at. can someone explain it to me? i want my new char to be helian.
    You can redo the training points using buyback points over time. All training points can be reallocated. Just wait till the buyback points build and use them differently. You do not need to make a new toon for reason of a bad choice of training point allocation.

Knossos

lots of theories indeed-
    and all have their good reasons.

So here another one from my side:
    None of my 3 ancient Lunus/hybride drags has a single tp on health, or scales teched with it. None of my drags need it.

i Normly go str wiht t@c .. and some primle .. gear is base amer with thecs V str T@C and armer . give or take what i have in my socked scales and wep .

Thread Information