Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Rant About RP.

Default Re: Rant About RP.

*makes the same kind of notes, remembering well the taste a sslik can have in a dragon's maw and the expected effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssilmath View Post
    The scariest thing a dragon will ever face is an experienced ...
    ...ranger/elar/whaterver ranged class with access to chain stunning arrows/spells/whatever which also has good jogging skills.
    We already know that bipeds can run faster than an ancient can fly so for the dragon it will be something like the death of a thousand cuts since it cannot run nor it cannot catch the poor biped.
    Yea, one biped is enough.

Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Quote Originally Posted by Thicklesip View Post

10. And in case I didn't make it clear: I don't want to stop anybody's RP. You want to RP a werewolf-dragon with magical star powers? Go for it. The problem is that I want to RP this setting, and you don't. And RP tends to work best if we can stick to one general setting/universe-- unless you go for some kind of multi/crossover universe. Which you can do, but again, that's not Istaria. So RP whatever you want, but please do your RPing in the right setting.

so....

besides the fact that you skipped 8 and 9?

Italy... or anywhere that has pencils and paper

Well. What I think is, a lot of the bad rpers you find are basically: 1) not english; 2) trolls; 3) newbies.
    The first category (talking about those who don't know english of course) does not even know they chose the rp server. Therefore, it's not their fault.
    Second category: made to be ignored. And reported if needed.
    Third cathegory... We've all been newbies and probably someone teached us. So why not help them?
    Astair Brightscale, chaos shard - seasoned dragon, expert dragon crafter and beginner lairshaper

my deviantart!

Discussions and topics about this have been debated in several threads before, like the ones listed there:

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=26322

It's a rant forum. I do believe the purpose of a rant forum is to rant. :P Just because a topic has been debated many times in the past doesn't mean that people don't want to get their own feelings off their chest or add their own voice. If you don't want to participate in the discussion, then don't, but let's let others be free to speak their mind. C:

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

I think the fix here is that everyone needs to follow the well-established guidelines on character RP so they stop bothering the elitist RPers with their less-than-stellar performances.

Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Thread Information