Thread: Lairs: "room under construction" "door" as "mural"

Default Lairs: "room under construction" "door" as "mural"

As per Slee's flash of brilliance:

Could we please have the mess of crystals and rocks that take up a doorway when a room is under construction as a mural option? They're so pretty. And hey, no new art assets, always a plus!

Default Re: Lairs: "room under construction" "door" as "mural"

There is no end to the amount of glee it would bring me, that's for sure! Even if I can only speak for myself.

I do encounter alot of situations where I have spare passage 'entrances' on lair rooms, but nothing to put there- And I don't want to use murals because I don't want to double up murals / There isn't a mural that would fit the room in my mind / etc.
    The crystal-y rock holes hold alot of appeal for me in this respect because they are fairly natural looking formations, rather pretty and more aesthetically 'neutral' than the other murals in the sense that they don't look intentionally built. It would be easy enough to check which are 'mural' ones and which actually lead to un-built rooms by just clicking them to see the name in the target-box too.

I'll stop babbling now. In short: DO WANT.

Slee Maogrin- Chaotic, spotty warmonger of Order~

Cannot promise, but I can take a peek at it. Will not be able to use the exact model (do not want players getting confused about non-construction sites) but I can make a model reminiscent of it and just as crystally.
    Azulyte is a Dragon's best friend. Azulars on the other hand, are another matter entirely...

Frosthide you are the bestest. Thank you for considering this!

Quote Originally Posted by Thicklesip View Post
    Frosthide you are the bestest. Thank you for considering this!
    Quoted for TRUTH. This makes me happy indeed!

Slee Maogrin- Chaotic, spotty warmonger of Order~

Order/Chaos, Harro and Pleasant Canyon respectively

YES DO WANT.
    Would love it : D Great idea you all, always liked the crystals there too!

Also, Frosthide, I love your signature. >w>

Quote Originally Posted by Frosthide View Post
    Cannot promise, but I can take a peek at it. Will not be able to use the exact model (do not want players getting confused about non-construction sites) but I can make a model reminiscent of it and just as crystally.
    Even better! Yay for working on things that might happen!

Hopefully you'll still be able to crawl into the mouth. LOVED doing that as a hatchie. :P
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Lair murals are very finicky about how much space you have to work with (essentially the square on a rock face murals are the maximum dimensions for a mural) - will not be able to make a 'walk into' type space.

While I'm here, what say the lot of you to this being a geode? The style would be either a dragon dug into a really big one in the wall, or they set one (Cut in half of course) in the space on display.
    Azulyte is a Dragon's best friend. Azulars on the other hand, are another matter entirely...

We can't have both? :P

I like the first one over the second one personally.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Just for reference, THIS is the thing I needed three sets of quotation marks to describe:

Wow, I'd never guessed murals insisted on being that flat. (I'd also never realized the things were as deep as they are. Lots of space to crawl a hatchling in, geez!) Alright, if we can't have this exact same thing, I'd love to have both geode-themed semi-murals. If we're only choosing one I'd be more interested in a natural, "accidental" geode than one set deliberately on display-- both sound good, but we have a lot of polished artwork murals already. I'd love to get my claws on something that's less obviously the product of artistry and a little more natural-looking.

Thank you again for your consideration!

Quote Originally Posted by Thicklesip View Post
    Wow, I'd never guessed murals insisted on being that flat.
    It's not necessarily the murals that demand this, but the walls. Before the 'flat' type murals were put in, I couldn't put any murals on certain outside walls of my lair because they were 'outside the boundaries of the plot'.

I second the 'either is okay with me so long as we get something less polished looking'.

Teehee - just add unbuilt rooms! and never build them! =D

No seriously, when I read the initial suggestion I was thinking possibly as Slee was - what great torture you could provide for someone as they ran around a lair filled with many of these "murals" playing the game of "Find the actual buildable chamber!"
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information