Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Resurrection and rescue (RP On)

Default Re: Resurrection and rescue (RP On)

(( what kind of diceroll we gonna have to see if we step on it or not? cause there is no way we can see it.))

The black primalist considers the darkness' degree, and decides it was better to count on all of his senses in such place, including his eyes. LungTien briefly stops his walk to pick an adamantium sunscope from his scalepack and use it. As light spreads around, the dragon notices the walls are starting to go away, letting more room for those who are taking this path. Temeraire sniffs in the air and eyes the surroundings suspiciously, trying to sense anything odd nearby. Though he hasn't detected the trap hidden just a few feet away from his forepaws.

((I could probably handle this from here - I still have the map we made before, iyr))

Reagle keeps following Lungtien, and Romirez, using mainly his sence of touch, smell, and sound padding carefuly as he is unsure what traps may lurk in the dark, While Ryzaak also following Reagle, padding very cautiously, he flicks an earfin as he listens to the other footsteps, as well as his own.

(sorry kinda slow, was waiting for Ceyra also. XD )

((pretty sure the owners of said cave will have hidden that switch pretty good, assuming they are well versed in setting up traps, and hid it from even dragon eyes.))

Romirez blinks a bit as LungTien lights the Sunscope, it blinding him for a moment before his eyes adjusted. that was a bit better! he looks all around, seeing nothing inconspicuous.

"that's a bit better..." Romirez commented, following the black tail in front of him.

(Runedragoon told me she was going on a surprise trip for a week, so not sure if she will be posting. I will take over if she doesn't post today. As for the chance that a character will trigger the trap, I trust we are all mature enough to know our own characters and the realistic chances of them spotting the trap. If you all reaaaaaaaaaaallly want to, I can use dice rolls, but I assume we likely don't need them )
    "State your case, but do it well. I do not suffer fools gladly." ~Sereamha Balla-dor

(Maybe :P but chances to be caught aren't at 100%, and there might be ways to avoid taking an acid bath.)

(Exactly. I never said anything was %100, I just said I think we all are mature enough to not God-mod anything, that's all )
    "State your case, but do it well. I do not suffer fools gladly." ~Sereamha Balla-dor

Order/Chaos, Harro and Pleasant Canyon respectively

(Bah sorry for always taking so long to reply here >< I'm still around, just keep forgetting to post ._. Go without me next time I do that(if I do) x.x Sorry again!))

Once they arrived at the small tunnel, the adult shrunk herself down into khutit form - a form she wasn't too used to, as it mostly wasn't necessary, but this time it seemed to be so. She proceeded into the darkness, keeping her position near Ryzaak, glancing around, her eyes slowly getting used to the lack of light.

Once Temeraire lights his sunscope, Cynny gives a sigh of relief as she slowly adjusted her view to the change. She, as well, didn't notice the trap ahead, her attention on her own steps and on the saris she was silently nudged to watch over. However, she wasn't relaxed or anything, ready to activate her Shield of Gold should the need call for such.

Being last, Frith-Rae paid more attention to trying to hear what was going on behind them. She continually turned around, and would stand stock still - gazing into the blackness and listening. In these pauses the others would move ahead of her for several paces, before she would turn around and continue following them.

By the time they had gotten to the widening chamber, she was still several steps behind them.

When Temeraire activated his sunscope, Frith quickly turned her head back over her shoulder again so as not to ruin her nightvision. She was still bringing up the rear, and it was still dark back here.

She heard the khutit footsteps echoing as the chamber in front of them opened up. She could practically smell the open air wafting down the corridor from the chamber.

"Move slowly..." she spoke softly up the line. "As the chamber opens up that means all the more room for attack from any direction. Stay on your toes; don't let your guard down just because we got a little more space."

She knew the dragons would be as antsy about the cramped quarters as they were about being in this lair. She didn't want them to lose their edge in their relief at a bigger space.

Her ear fins continued to twitch in all directions, as she once again paused and turned around. She would wait on the rest of them to head into the room and fan out before she turned her back on this passageway.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

The black primalist turns his head to look back at the group behind him. His gaze still keen, LungTien listens to Romirez, then to Frith-Rae, before nodding.
    "Indeed. Traps of any sort can be everywhere around us from now. We mustn't lower our guard..."
    Cautiously, the Helian dragon picks a large and heavy glowing orb from his scalepack before putting it at the ground in front of him, then pushes it to make it roll straight forwards towards the center of the road. Temeraire's narrowed eyes follow the rolling orb with anticipation. As a spellcaster ancient, he is convinced a slow and safe advance is better than rushing forwards.

Reagle twitches an earfin as Frith speaks, and nods in agreement, then upon seeing the orb, his eyes follow it, all the while paying full attention to his surroundings, gently feeling each foot step as not to trigger any foot activiated traps shall there be one.

In the mean time Ryzaak feels more space around him, and relaxes a bit, still in ghost form. He looks down at the khutits, and smirks seeing how small they are compared to himself, however cramped he may be in this tiny space, feeling each footstep as though there were broken glass everywhere. Weary, and antsy, he gently nudges the khutits in front of him. "See anything up there? Ieo only see a glowing khutit, and orb." Chuckles to himself as he watches.

(LungTien hasn't taken a khutit form, and though he had just briefly stopped walking, he hasn't started walking again yet.)

(waiting on Runedragoon again, I think. Or one of you to move and trigger the trap or move BY it. I think as I am more readily available, I should take the lead here~)

(*sent a rather heavy rolling orb as depicted in last RP post, and letting you decide if it triggers the trap to not godmod-play)

((yeah i am waiting for the orb thing to post...just patiently waiting))

*the light of the rolling orb picks up the shine of the somewhat damp rocks around it as it bounces and skitters down the cramped hallway and into the slightly more open area. This area, now seen with the light, could fit a small adult dragon, but no more. The orb pauses before a large pit that is roughly 20 feet wide. As for the pressure plate, the orb pauses due to the slight change in elevation the trigger causes. Nothing is set off, as of yet, as no one has gotten close enough*

LungTien frowns and lowers his head suspiciously as the orb pauses, then eyes the pit, pondering. After a moment, the primalist looks at his friends behind.
    "Be careful, everyone... try not to step too close of the orb on the ground. I am not sure of what caused it to stop, but I prefer not to verify if it is a trap..." *That said, the black dragon casts a spell to hover above the ground without touching the ground, and he moves forwards, using the walls - like a spider - to pass over the orb and the pit, still glancing around cautiously.

(I am not sure if the said pit covers all of the ground or if ones can step asides...)

(there ARE walls along the side that people can use to climb around, yuppers. The pit goes right to the walls though )

((So totally not using the map we built or still getting to that? :P))

Thread Information