Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Resurrection and rescue (RP On)

Default Re: Resurrection and rescue (RP On)

(got the map from runedragoon. Continue~)
    "State your case, but do it well. I do not suffer fools gladly." ~Sereamha Balla-dor

(coolies. just waiting on Lungtien before I make a post XD)

(*has posted)

((i would like to see that map eventually, if we are able.))

Romirez followed Lungtien into the larger room, eying the orb. he silently wondered why it had stopped, so he carefully stepped close to it, and crouched to look at it... looks like it stopped at a raised edge... hmmm.

"hey LungTien, looks like your orb stopped at a slightly raised edge, or something. care to look at this real quick?" he said without touching anything, he dare not touch it, for fear of a trap. they are in hostile territory after all. as he waited for LungTien to come over, he glanced over the room, and took in it's details... he also planned to look into that pit too...

LungTien stops briefly and eyes Romirez.
    "What do you want to do? it is a trap surely, better not to activate it. Our priority is to find the dragoness and free her. Let's go, my friends."
    That said, he looks forwards again and moves slowly, scanning the surroundings with keen senses.

Krosah leans around to look over things in front of her. With the cavern slightly wider here, she walks up to stand beside LungTien and surveys the area in front of her.

The acid trap was somewhere here - she could smell it. But there was also signs of something else and both triggers seemed to be concealed fairly well. The cat starts searching intently for them with her sharp eyes. She may not be physically strong, but she was well versed in trap mechanics and lock cracking.

"If you did not smell the acid stink in the air - get your nose checked before rolling orbs across the ground..." Krosah scolds LungTien quietly.

After a short glance, she finds one of the mechanisms. Unsure as to whether it is for the pitfall that appears blatantly obvious (to her expertise anyhow) or the acid trap she smells in the air, she carefully unsheathes a dagger. Using the dagger as a tool, she sets to work trying to disarm the mechanism without triggering it...

Reagle sniffs the air, smelling a faint scent of acid, his eyes narrow as he focuses hard on his surroundings, tapping the ground gently with a talon making sure with each step he doesn`t activate any triggers, Ryzaak follows just behind reagle, Romirez, and Lungtien, listening closely to each footstep, earfins flicking with every sound, including soft tapping of water dripping from parts of the cave.
    Ryzaak exclaims, "You find anything up there? Ieo can`t see a thing."

(my turn?)
    "State your case, but do it well. I do not suffer fools gladly." ~Sereamha Balla-dor

(*waiting for Frith-Rae, Ceyra,... and those who haven't posted after me yet)

(We passed the map - so from here on things should continue as intended originally. Was a minor error. )

((I hadnt' posted because until everyone else moves into the room I"m not sure there's enough room for me to move up as well... and I don't post just to post..lol. In any case...we'll assume...))

As the others move in front of her, Frith finally gets a better picture of the room herself. She too can now smell the faint scent of acid. She snorts, as if trying to get it out of her nares.

She immediately looks at the orb's decant; and at the Saris fidgeting around the trip-door. Her tail lashes nervously, wishing the Saris wasn't messing with it. But she says nothing about it.

Instead, she speaks, "We're sitting ducks here. We need to keep moving. Up and over! Those who don't have the ability to do so themselves, well hopefully the spellcasters among us can assist. For myself..all those years of lair building really do serve a purpose..."

She snickers, and pushes one of her taloned feet into the wall next to her. Her claws sink all the way in, and she jerks it around to make sure its secure. She follows with the rest of her feet, until she's basically spider-walking up the wall and almost to the curved ceiling.

But she does not move forward. It is her duty to bring up the rear, which means until everyone else gets over - she stays put. Even if almost upside down.

((lol))
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

*the noise of the movement of the group echoes loudly throughout the odd cavern they are making their way through. Any who are near the other side of the pit could likely see a set of massive stone doors blocking their path about 20 feet down the hallway. Roughly 10ft tall by 10ft wide, these black doors are humming with what seem to be glimmering blue runes. Definitely not draconic. A biped must have been at work here*

The black dragon carefully glances down at the ground before the doors, but he keeps his paws on the wall, suspicious. Snorting, LungTien turns his head to peer at the biped as Dawn of Sands talks and approaches the trap's trigger.

"I may have a less sensitive muzzle than you, Saris, but I don't only rely on it to survive. You were supposed to stay behind Romirez and Reagle... wait, what are you planning to do with that trap? I would prefer not to risk and see it activated..."

*The Helian primalist also has little trust in the biped, but he hides his feeling behind thoughful tone and expression. Hearing the dragons behind him, he says with a loud enough but still quiet voice:
    "We've found a trap, a pit and a door with runes so far. There might be more than that, so we have to remain wary and move slowly."

Eyeing the runes on the massive doors, Temeraire tilts his head and frowns, not familiar with this sort of magic.
    "I might need you there, though, Saris... it looks like these runes are from a bipedal source... can you understand them?"

Click.

Krosah glances at the gate and shrugs as some important component of whatever trap it was for is forever jammed into a position that prevents it from triggering. Hopefully its the acid trap. She rolls her eyes when she is asked about the gate.

"I may be a tinkerer, but in no way am I magi..." the cat notes bluntly.

Even if she did know at least one was a magic lock, the rest were gibberish. She also didn't want to assist them in progressing unless it endangered her well being, as in the case of the acid decanter. Needless to say... it would remain something unsaid.

Romirez got up from his position of analyzing the plate and pit, and went to the wall and looked up at Frith.

"looks like we have a bat-dragon hybrid..." he joked as he stuck his claws into the sides of the walls to follow Frith across. he had seen the door, but he wants a close up look.

taking one paw at a time, he climbed the wall across, stopping near Frith to wait for the others as they entered and attempted to cross the pit.

Reagle follows Lungtien, and Romirez`s actions, digging his talons into the wall, and slowly paw by paw climbing it. Ryzaak furrows a brow, and tries the same though still in ghost form.
    (not entirely sure if he`d be able to scale the wall, if not maybe someone can use some magic to help him across XD)

(Can Ryzaak walk on the ground in ghostly form?)

Temeraire grins at the saris, showing his teeth, wondering about Dawn of Sand's mind and hiding his thoughs.
    "In no way could I guess if you were a magi or not, biped, considering I can't read in your thoughs. I would still like you to come here, in front of the door, while we open it."

*The black dragon waves a blue-glowing forepaw, trying to determine the runes' effect, and maybe undo them, with his own primal magic. He wondered if Iyrevi had some bipeds at his service, since he was mostly a scientist, and since the runes were made by bipeds' hands.

*the information that the primalist finally gleans from his scanning of the runes is spotty at best, but he does get SOME information. From what he can tell, they seem to be of a lock-like nature, a barrier, perhaps. His attempts to disarm them do not work but he can sense that perhaps the method to opening them might be nearby......*

(Yep just like aegis ghosts, they can walk XD )

Reagle watches as Lungtien attemps disarming the lock, Ryzaak furrows a brow, and asks *Not a chance any of those runes are of aegis origin mmm? Ieo know aegis like the back of mine paw. " He pads closer to examine the runes from a safe distance trying to read them best he can.

(I had waited a moment to see if someone would have a look into the pit to see if, maybe, the "key" was there, given my previous post is just the third above, but here we go then.)

The black dragon frowns a moment, trying to understand how the doors and the runes work. After some unsuccessful attempts to disharm the locks, LungTien turns around to look down at the pit, and waves a forepaw to spread some blue light at the bottom of it with a floating small flame around his paw.

Thread Information