Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Resurrection and rescue (RP On)

Order/Chaos, Harro and Pleasant Canyon respectively

Default Re: Resurrection and rescue (RP On)

( I think I have to reply to that! XD)

The adult dragoness blinks a few times as she notices the new arrival. In the end, she grins a little and pads closer to him, giving him a nuzzle.

"Heh, you were almost late."

The ancient's eyes narrow into slits of burning crimson. How DARE they even think to push themselves onto his property! Not only that, he knew what the group would be after as well. Glancing to the dragoness kept in stasis in a large vat in the far corner of the massive lab, he flicks his tail as he tries to calm himself and think rationally.

Letting out a long breath, he nods to his guest. "Seems the fools have finally gone insane. Thank thee, Azu, for telling me" At that he dips his head to her and continues. "Also...thank thee for thine help in this. I may be study and intelligent, but I couldst not withstand them all. The danger of years of research and study being destroyed is incredibly high, and we must consider this an assault on my very life, for thus it is." He says a little sadly, looking around at the thousands of vials, books, and even a handful of mutated and unmutated animals.

Snorting, the ancient steps into action, preparing what he can to defend his livelihood from the invaders.
    "State your case, but do it well. I do not suffer fools gladly." ~Sereamha Balla-dor

Then, the primalist eyes the green hatchling and tilts his head, not sure if this one was here to join them.
    "Hello, young one... I don't think we have met before... I am LungTien. What is your name? and are you there to help us? .... hmmm... while it may be risky, a smaller sized dragon might be helpful when we get inside the lair... who knows? We will keep an eye on you, so you'll not be threatened."

Finally, the black ancient looks at Frith-Rae and smiles. "And hello, Frith-Rae. Good to see you again, and with us... I am sure you'd be fearsome even without these claws, my friend."
    Frith-Rae chuckles, "Iea am honored by your compliment. Iea fears these long years of doing nothing but building and guarding have impaired my fighting. But, only ban way to find out!" She raises a claw in the air to punctuate her statement.

"Besides, Iea would much rather meet Drullkaarr going down in a great battle than adding another chamber onto a forgotten lair..." she winks at Temeraire.

She eyes the hachling and nods at Temeraire's words about watching over it. She had watched over, instructed, and protected countless hatchlings in her years (none of which were her own) and this one would be no different. She would give her own life in its protection if that was what was necessary, and consider it a gift well given.

She watched the Saris move about, side-stepping a bit in nervousness as she did so. She was never fully trusting of naka-duskeal and their observations of the group before battle just made her antsy.

She watched Ryzaak swoop in, "Glit'sita Ryzaak...any and all help is I'm sure welcome." She had heard talk of his problems in the past but if the rest judged him to be of reliance she would not say otherwise.

She stood still for Temeraire's announcement nodding in agreement to his words. No Eilert deserved such treatment, dead or alive. Ends did not justify means when it came to using Eilerten against their will or wishes, or barring that, the will or wishes of their loved ones. If this Iyrevi was truly acting only pure of heart and mind, with only the utmost of goals, then there would have been no reason to not get permission first.

Messy business, all of it. And unnecessary, as she viewed it. Though it saddened her to think of such a great intellect as this Eilert must have to be used in such a negative way.

She sighed but her conviction did not waiver. Temeraire had sent for her assistance urgently, and she would not falter in helping her old friend as long as the motivations remained pure.

She stepped forward once, head held high and proud, tail lashing, "Ois ban is with kor'nieo!" Slipping back into the ancient tongue to meet his battlecry.

(boy, Lungtien, when I start trying to use your last name my fingers just fall all over themselves..I keep having to check the spelling LOL)
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

"Indeed - I've also things to guard here as well. Things that mean much to me and things that I fear may not survive a trip through a portal. Cannot take such a risk." She notes as she passes by.

A group of soldiers arrives from the gateway behind her, and single file (to carefully avoid lab equipment), they follow her as she trails into the caves...

__________________________________________________ _______________

The saris at the portal decide to step closer. The one sitting on a cargo disk picks it up to sit on the portal steps, and the other stands up to approach.

"Mew... You all are going down there to save a dead person? I could come too - even if I am not very strong - so that it would not weigh on my conscience? It would eat me to have not tried to do the right thing." she purrs.

The green hatchling lifted her head upon being spoken to, and a curt nod was given. Surrounded by her elders, she felt a little... overwhelmed, so to say. Powerful dragons were at her flanks, those with experience, wisdom, and solid determination. But rather than let herself fall shy of these attributes, Symazok decided it was in her best ideals to try her best to match it. After all, she wished strongly to truly be among these dragons, some day. The young hatchling stepped forward, puffing up her chest, and lifted her head high.

"I am here to help, in any way I can!" she exclaimed, drawing her dagger-toothed, barracuda like jaw as close to shut as it could be... an expression of determination. "I cannot match the power of your claws, but I like to think I am equal of heart. Whatever you'll have me do, to help, I will gladly undertake."

She felt a little awkward, standing there after so bold a speech from someone so small, but she kept her head held up anyway. Her eyes were kept focused forward, unwavering, refusing to look to her sides so she might not see incredulous looks around her. No, this little hatchling was determined!

Vamalchior

Ryzaak seeing Cynny, he grins, and nuzzles her. then turns to the others, his talons glowing that bright blight green, readying himself for battle, his scales are toughened, and spike out at about 80% his one good eye glowing a pale silver "Ieo am ready when you all are. just say the word And I`ll have my claws, and teeth ready for some long needed action" He grins toothily and stands in combat stance

Reagle smiles and nods, then buffs himself with primal attack, true grit, primal alacrity, and primal roar. His armored scales gleaming in primal magics he`s ready for battle.

The dragon nods slowly to everyone, but blinks when his blue eyes catch Ryzaak's sight. His ruff spreading around his head in surprise, LungTien pads up towards the other dragon and tilts his head.
    "Hello, may I know your name?"

Turning his head to look down at the green hatchling, he replies:
    "Size doesn't decide of what will happen, young dragoness... your help is gladly accepted. Just don't go too far from your elders, we'll all need to be cautious."

Peering at the approaching saris, the primalist's gaze turns questioning.
    "Any help wouldn't be declined, but... who are you? I never saw you before."

The grey cuddled a little closer against Ryzaak, chirring a little bit. Well, at least she felt less alone now - she couldn't find Dae and bring her here, so she's been feeling a bit on her own, but now that was changed happily since her mate was there.

Cynny's gaze turned around to look at the approaching saris. Well, the more, the better, she thought. But...something just seemed off....She shrugged it off though, and started preening a wing.

*Romirez listened to Lungtien's little speech, and others responses, and a sudden Saris wanting to join the little group*

"you all know me, i do not fear death, for i am Gifted. sworn to fight the evil in our land, be it Aegis or otherwise. i shall fight till my last breath!" Romirez said in response.

the large black dragon noted Frith-Rae, a dragon he hasn't seen in quite a long time. if she was coming, this was going to be an interesting fight indeed. romirez turned his head and went over his armor scales and weapons, making sure everything was on the way it should be, his Demon Claw cleaned and sharpened. he noted a few scales that were bent, some broken. his scar from Selarth on his thigh. his scales weren't as straight looking as an adult, but they had their own charm, showing his countless battles as if it was a woven rug with pictures on it. a few small scars on his ribs here, a few messed scales in a certain pattern there. he also was mentally preparing himself for combat, because this was most likely going to be rather interesting, and require a certain frame of mind. when he was done, he addressed the Black primalist.

"dear LungTien, do tell me you have a good plan of attack." he said.

((Just wanted to ask of a proposal for handling that section when you hit the tunnels. Direction, order of movement (who is in front, middle back, etc) and line of sight are important. Here is what I propose to handle this:

You will be given a picture. Every part will be just a portion of the map as you progress further, and each piece will be based on what your group can see facing in the direction of the tunnel. That means if you have a straight corridor with a corner at the end, you won't know what is behind the corner, just that there is a long straight passage in front of you. Of course, areas you have been in already will be memorized and committed permanently to the map.

This also will keep track of the formation of the party's travels. There are cases where I need to know who is in the back and who is in the front of the group, so pictures will allow people to see it too. I may also use dice rolls for some things. Another question: if you aren't paying attention you don't get a dice roll - you just get hit by whatever you hadn't been watching for. Yes/no?))

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDragoon View Post
    ((Just wanted to ask of a proposal for handling that section when you hit the tunnels. Direction, order of movement (who is in front, middle back, etc) and line of sight are important. Here is what I propose to handle this:

You will be given a picture. Every part will be just a portion of the map as you progress further, and each piece will be based on what your group can see facing in the direction of the tunnel. That means if you have a straight corridor with a corner at the end, you won't know what is behind the corner, just that there is a long straight passage in front of you. Of course, areas you have been in already will be memorized and committed permanently to the map.

This also will keep track of the formation of the party's travels. There are cases where I need to know who is in the back and who is in the front of the group, so pictures will allow people to see it too. I may also use dice rolls for some things. Another question: if you aren't paying attention you don't get a dice roll - you just get hit by whatever you hadn't been watching for. Yes/no?))
    I like the idea ^^ )
    "State your case, but do it well. I do not suffer fools gladly." ~Sereamha Balla-dor

(( sounds great Runedragon ^^ ))

Ryzaak nods, and churrs as he is nuzzled, then replies to Lungtien "Ieo am Ryzaak Flamespray. the real Ryzaak, Reagle`s blood father, and Ieo have come to pay my dues. you and the others her have helped free me from my father Reklar." He bows his repects, judging from how he looks, he`s a very wize experienced ancient. however his lack in `chet is obvious seeing he was only raised by a handful of dragons through his mortal life. His age is also visible, many battle scars, left eye missing with 4 slash scars over the lid, one earfin tattered, and torn, also a slight limp from a crushed paw, and many chain, and shackel scars from when he was prisoner. His scales show signs of extreme blight exposure as well, permanently greened, and deep black. Aegis runes all over his body glowing brightly with blight magics.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDragoon View Post

((Sounds awesome, I agree with this! ^-^)

((Sounds good, I just ask not to keep to dice/instructions/comments TOO Strictly otherwise it can turn...not fun =D. I don't want to feel like I have to cover every single base every single post in order to progress; or that because I didn't label XYZ attack a specific way it ends up useless and an exercise in frustration LOL. That's all I ask! ))
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

((Thank you for the input - will get the bits prepared.))

The saris looked up at the dragon with a purr. "I am 'Dawn of Sands'." she states. Of course - she was telling them the meaning of her real name, something that would not be mentioned: Krohsah.

The adult eyed the saris speaking to them, her tail giving a few twitches. She didn't like this for some reason, but she limited herself to watch. In a way, it wasn't even her battle, she was simply giving a paw of help. Waiting for the other's reactions, Cynny begins to lay down, waiting for the moment of departing.

Reagle smiles, and nods in greeting to the saris "You are more then welcome to assist then." While Ryzaak also remains silent, he`s unsure of all naka. Especialy humans, and saris, for his own personal reasons he just sits next to Cynny, awaiting the go to enter the lair.

LungTien briefly glances at his old friend when this one asks about a plan.
    "I'll come to that..."

The black primalist stares at Ryzaak as he speaks, looking surprised.
    "Ryzaak? the true one? ... I am glad to see you got free..." Temeraire smiles before observing Ryzaak with a keen eye. "... But you seem to be in need of healing and rest, considering your appearance... not that I doubt of your strength, but are you sure you are healthy enough to stand in case things get violent, Ryzaak?"

Temeraire looks back at the saris and tilts his head questioningly. "Dawn of Sands... uncommon name for your kind as far as I know... but well, you can come." In fact, the dragon wasn't entirely sure about this biped, and was more inclined to trust dragons.

The Helian spellcaster, then, walks to stand a bit away, in order to have everyone in sight.
    "Well, I believe everyone is here... As for a plan..." *LungTien gives Romirez a determined glance, showing he was sure of what he was doing. "... I will lead the group, as I know the way and has already followed the road leading to the dragoness we will rescue. Romirez, you'll be behind me, as your melee skills will complete my own primal knowledge.
    Reagle, you'll go behind me as well, at Romirez's side. Dawn of Sands, you'll take the third rank, followed by Ryzaak and Cynny, both of them aside like for Romirez and Reagle.
    Symazok, your place will be at the fifth rank, behind Cynny and Ryzaak. Frith-Rae, you'll be our rearguard. now take your positions, everyone, and let's go!"

The black ancient, as he pads up to take the head of his group, hopes he has been wise and convincing enough. Having noticed Cynny's gazes towards the saris, he was rather sure she would keep an eye on Dawn of Sands, in case. He was also confident Frith-Rae would keep Symazok safe as best as she could, not having forgotten her warm and soft behavior towards hatchlings and friends.

The red female nods at Temeraire's words, with a small grin on her face. She was going to volunteer for rearguard anyway and ask that the hatchling be placed near to her as she could protect it best. She hadn't realized the other ancient had paid that much attention to her habits.

She watched the rest as they filed in, nodding to "Dawn" the saris without words. The others appeared willing to give the naka the benefit of the doubt, so she would not start an argument before the fight. She just hoped they wouldn't regret this decision.

As Symazok filed past, Frith-Rae swung her head down close to the hatchling's earfins and spoke softly to her, "If Iea tell you to hide, then hide. If Iea tell niea to run, niea run aore'ban. Do not argue. If niea cannot flee then niea had best recall to your Shrine as fast as you can. Iea will not risk you being captured in this dead dragon's stead. Do niea understand k'iea (me)?"

She looked seriously at the hatchling - dragon to dragon. She understood the importance of a hatchling's ability to prove themselves in battle just as much as any other dragon; but she would not allow its inexperience to put the entire group in further jeopardy than they already were. She had to know that it would follow orders when it lacked in experience.

She shook herself as she followed last, claws digging into the ground. Her tail twitching back and forth as she already started looking around for possible threats. Her earfins twitched, straining to differentiate between natural and unnatural sound around her.

She shut away the last of her emotions to enter into a heightened state of awareness. She had learned through countless years that battle was no place for emotion. Battle-hardened in this way, her mind began riffling through the incoming sensory information - as her consciousness switched to instinct and logic.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

(I won't have too much to post until they reach Iyrevi XD IF they reach him)

Thread Information