Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If another game with dragons..

Default Re: If another game with dragons..

Blue, I'm not sure why you put this in Rants?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Stick with Horizons, Dragons were not my draw to the game.

But, why the negative approach to the poll?
    ^^^^
    I have to kinda wonder the same thing, Blue.

Unless you know something we do not know? Am I having to do my massive Google search to see if Istaria may have another competitor? Or is a current MMORPG looking into introducing dragons perhaps?

Either way, everyone who knows me, knows that since Tulga Games went away, I have been a very, very 'here and not here' kinda person. Mostly because I lost everyone I really, really cared about.
    They also never have come back either.

Since that time, I could never seem to get my foot back in with the community, maybe this is just because of me, or maybe its something I put off about an air to me, I don't know.
    I just know its extremely hard for me to get back into the game. So I tend to spend time now playing like WoW (GASP) and SWTOR, while still paying a 6 month plan to this game and just, well, logging in when I feel like taking a break from the normal MMORPG mainstream way of doing crap.

That being said, I don't think I would walk away from Istaria, only cause I always have come back. I know I would again.
    I sometimes WISH that Istaria could upgrade itself with better graphics. I sometimes WISH that Istaria could get itself a new engine so the devs could do stuff, but I know this takes time and money (not that I don't think they don't have the money, I am sure they do).

So I don't know what I would do, but I would probably check it out, roll my eyes at how much another copy-cat it is, and just shove it off after a week or two of playing there. Maybe a month if something /interesting/ happens.
    That is all.

Stick with Istaria dragons were not my draw

To me the most important race in this game is the Saris. If another game would come up with a decent cat race, I might take a look. But I think the crafting part and multiclass adventure thing... I'm too deep inside of that to just leave for something else.

Too many people are reducing this great game to dragons in my opinion... if you want to play a whole different game, but keep the community, just start a biped. It really is VERY much different and istaria is like two games in one, biped and dragon. The overlap is amusingly small.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Because...this is the only game with playable, 4-legged winged flying, dragons.

You can play catpeople in several other games, games with rich crafting systems too (though none witih multi-classing Im aware of).

But cat people? Yea thats been done several times over. Nothing different there.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I'm here for the dragons. If there weren't dragon player characters, I wouldn't play Istaria, simple as that.

If there was another game with player dragons (and I wouldn't be picky about having to be fourlegged - but they'd have to be not humanoid), I'd certainly give it a go.

But I wouldn't be in any hurry to cancel my subscription to Istaria.
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

Another MMO with playable dragons will NOT draw me away.

Dragons are the Istarias Bling factor.
    But in game they get the short end of the stick in basicaly everything except melee-range-damage-output.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    Dragons are the Istarias Bling factor.
    But in game they get the short end of the stick in basicaly everything except melee-range-damage-output.
    I laughed, and I also cried =( I want dragon classes back. Sigh...

Romirez's huge scaly butt is what keeps me playing HZ.

that, and the community. can't leave now when i have invested 6 years into the game.

Not going anywhere. Never mind I have over a year left on my sub. Just like the peeps. Spend more time sitting round yakking then playing as it is. Started as a human, btw. Just go thru my periods of wanting to do other stuff. Strategy gaming is what gots me absent right now. Total War Shogun2 to be specific. Have always had a big strat game itch to scratch, and what with being all "urrrghhed" after grinding cleric and mage (most hated classes for me ANY game) to get battlemage going, needed a break. >.<

Tho, I too would wish for more dynamic combat, rather then canned actions and the like. But, meh. What can I say. Ya'll grew on this 'always solo' player like mould. And some of ya even like me :P

friend of mine is making a pvp game based on rl mechanics will have playable dragons un nerfed , if u want eat some one , can raise whole citys to the ground , but wil have lots of other classes each with there own abiltys , im go there when its out but wil never leave istaria , istaria atm is to bugy for me and is no longer fun to play

Talking Re: If another game with dragons..

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrystal View Post
    friend of mine is making a pvp game based on rl mechanics will have playable dragons un nerfed , if u want eat some one , can raise whole citys to the ground , but wil have lots of other classes each with there own abiltys , im go there when its out but wil never leave istaria , istaria atm is to bugy for me and is no longer fun to play
    \o/ While raising a city in the wrong direction sounds fun, I agree with the general consensus... Istaria is more than just playable dragons, it's also about the community and the unique lore, as well as the.. Err.. 'Amazing' game mechanics. Something new like that, might possibly get thirty seconds notice. After that, I would run right back to Ista. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    Because...this is the only game with playable, 4-legged winged flying, dragons.

You can play catpeople in several other games, games with rich crafting systems too (though none witih multi-classing Im aware of).

But cat people? Yea thats been done several times over. Nothing different there.
    I came originally for the dragon, I played as the dragon, but I left because of the game.

If another game came out with playable dragons, I would try it. But my bar would be this game. If I could piecemeal purchase content, I would be back in this game. But the sub is too expesnive for me to play this level of a game.

I will say that many aspects of this game are not matched in any other game. Crafting, dragons, and player made content (buildings, towns, etc). But the similar aspects this game has matched in every other game is not exactly up to snuff with the competition.
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrystal View Post

I'm so happy Istaria ISN't PvP. I would never leave for a PvP game, on the other hand, if Istaria would become PvP I would leave in an instant.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    To me the most important race in this game is the Saris. If another game would come up with a decent cat race, I might take a look. But I think the crafting part and multiclass adventure thing... I'm too deep inside of that to just leave for something else.

Too many people are reducing this great game to dragons in my opinion... if you want to play a whole different game, but keep the community, just start a biped. It really is VERY much different and istaria is like two games in one, biped and dragon. The overlap is amusingly small.
    Elder Scrolls Online. Kajiit are cats.

The game certainly shows its age sometimes.

I think, 99% of the reason why I'm still subbed to Istaria, is that I check content patches hoping for something awesome that makes me want to play Istaria, something awesome that says "Come back and play me more!"

But, I haven't really seen that quite yet and my finances are getting a little tighter, RL. I've always supported the game because it has such unique elements, but yet at the same time, I'm paying for something that I just can't really bring myself to have an interest in.

I'm not saying the game is bad, but when you stack the game's incredibly dated engine against other games that are much more smooth and polished, you can see the difference and it is a bit sad. As much as I love this game, there's sadly limits as to what they can do with the engine.

I have tons of respect for the guys at VI; they've managed to find new ways to stretch or dodge limits to bring us new stuff, but at the same time... when the game just feels awkward and clunky compared to my other game of choice, I kinda ask myself "Why am I logging into this instead of that?" and the only reason I can come up with is "Playing a Dragon and building a house/lair", I'm wondering if I should really be spending money on that.

Again, no offense to the game or VI itself meant at all.

Heaven Itself would be if someone at VI were to win the lottery and be able to re-do the game's engine/UI/etc and bring it up to speed with modern MMORPGs, but yet keep the same magic (buildable houses/lairs, playable dragons).

:-)

interesting topic ^^

i played horizons since beta and loved the game. But then the european servers got merged and some time after they got closed

i loved the old race lineup. omg i really loved it

would i have never played horizons with no playable dragons? no

the german community was my home for several years. Bad that not the game has been the reason because i quit it

and yes it could be possible in some years that we will see a game with dragons, would be nice :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Vlisson; January 23rd, 2013 at 05:13 PM.

OMG Vliss:-)) Thy for that pic

And
    do not wait- just come to Order and see-meet old friends
    I promise i`ll be your personal guide.
    Make a free to play biped-
    or use the offer for returning players-
    so its without any obligation.

However- greetings to you and your family
    hope to see you imgame soon,-)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

hello Lovwyrm ^^

a long time passed =) my hatchlings are now 5 1/2 and 3 1/2 ^^

will take some time for their first ritual of passage *g*

i logged in 1 or 2 years ago with a biped :-) old memories awakened ^^

since HZ i wandered through the universe of parallel MMOs ^^

found no hope, no home

but HZ is no option for me too im too stingy to pay money for a lair and loose it when i stop my sub

ive seen some nice stuff got added over the years, i took a look on this board regulary ^^

but maybe Trials of Ascension will go live in some years and they will spare me some playable dragons

Thread Information