Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If another game with dragons..

Default If another game with dragons..

OK i started this here beacuse i know this is going to go down hill fast, but If another Full Scale MMO on par with the current main MMOS comes out that has dragons as playable race will you....(see poll)

Leave istaria with out looking back
    play istaria and the other one
    GO check it out before deciding
    Stick with Horizons, dragon is main
    Stick with Horizons, Dragons were not my draw to the game

Default Re: If another game with dragons..

I`d check it out first, then if I like it I`ll play both, totaly not leaving HZ. my friends are here, and the game`s got such an excellent platform, and crafting system. I`ll never leave Istaria!

Order/Chaos, Harro and Pleasant Canyon respectively

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing_Duck View Post
    I`d check it out first, then if I like it I`ll play both, totaly not leaving HZ. my friends are here, and the game`s got such an excellent platform, and crafting system. I`ll never leave Istaria!
    Totally agreed to this! ^-^

playable dragons is one thing

but its the community that makes us fly.

And what about rites? Lairs? Scales and primal?

I surely would look into this new game. Like I look into nearly all new games.

I live in Istaria for several reasons- being a dragon might be the best one.
    But not the only one.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I'm pretty tired of jumping to this game and that game. I think this is the main reason I returned. I like this even without the ultra modern graphics. It's home.

I'd give it a try, but I suspect like most people there's more to my enjoyment of Istaria than just being a great big purple sack of scales. I play Istaria for the community, the crafting, the plots/lairs, and the dragons. Now, if someone could offer a really good dragon-PC mmo featuring all that AND things Istaria doesn't have/do as well (m'lookin' at you, combat) maybe I'd leave. Maybe not.

The key point you make here is "On scale with other MMO's out there."

I'll probably play it and who knows, I'll probably like it. It won't give me the same feel that Istaria does though. However, I've left Istaria SEVERAL TIMES now so I can't say it holds me 24/7 either, right? =)

The thing is, I want another game with dragons, but I want the world and the player community to work a lot more like "EVE." I'm not talking about "WOOT I'M LEET AND POWNED YOU!" I'm talking about a real economy that works based on player input and output. Players build structures and communities, and players are able to tell their own stories. I want a world, not a theme park which is what most MMO's these days are doing.

I play Istaria because I can log on, and do my own thing. Perhaps there's crafting to do, perhaps there's a fight to be had, and often times there's RP to get involved in. There's a world I define and interact with.

Most MMO's these days, you click a random group button and are teleported to a dungeon. There is no world anymore.

I would definitely check it out, but i agree with the others who have said istaria is home. So i don't think i could ever leave forever.

Stick with Horizons, Dragons were not my draw to the game.

But, why the negative approach to the poll?

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

I don't really see istaria as my home much anymore, so I would most likely check it out, get bored, and have nothing to do after that.

yep, that's pretty much it, though I'd propably be too bussy working on my own game XD

I'll still play both. I'm usually playing 2 MMOs at a time anyways to fulfill one need or another.
    I'm a picky gamer and if there's one thing that modern games drop the ball on it's their crafting system. Current MMOs for whatever reason don't cater to crafters, often leaving the system out entirely.
    There's little things that every MMO has a pull for me, but not one has had 'everything'.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    I'll still play both. I'm usually playing 2 MMOs at a time anyways to fulfill one need or another.
    I'm a picky gamer and if there's one thing that modern games drop the ball on it's their crafting system. Current MMOs for whatever reason don't cater to crafters, often leaving the system out entirely.
    There's little things that every MMO has a pull for me, but not one has had 'everything'.
    ohoh, this for me as well, if a game lacks MY field of gaming (housing and crafting, which istaria rules in, and ofcourse exploring), I am OUT XD

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chioxin View Post
    The thing is, I want another game with dragons, but I want the world and the player community to work a lot more like "EVE." I'm not talking about "WOOT I'M LEET AND POWNED YOU!" I'm talking about a real economy that works based on player input and output.
    Lol, you've not played EVE recently have you?
    Unless your a billionaire with a fleet of ships you cant even play the game anymore. Its ALL about the money in that game and pirates are everywhere killing the young for the boredom factor since they cant even kill the rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post
    Lol, you've not played EVE recently have you?
    Unless your a billionaire with a fleet of ships you cant even play the game anymore. Its ALL about the money in that game and pirates are everywhere killing the young for the boredom factor since they cant even kill the rich.
    I have a more detailed response, but after writing it I figured it would just be along winded thing that would drive this thread way off topic.

Yes, I have played EVE recently. Let's say two months ago. No, you don't need to be a billionaire to experience EVE for what it is, I did just fine. Pirates kill the young out of boredom because the good players know how to get around their tricks and stay out of the line of fire. The young are just haven't learned yet, but they do or they quit. Either way, EVE is a very solid sand box game. Now, is EVE hard to learn? Yes. Are the mechanics of EVE boring? Debatable, I'd say a mix of both. Is it flawed? What game isn't?

What drew me into this game was the playable dragons. What's kept me this long is the community. What ultimately killed my interest in playing Istaria was some of its mechanics.

It would depend largely on these three factors, whether I'd stick with a new dragon game or not. I'd definitely still lurk around these forums like I do now regardless.

I'd definitely check it out.

Would I keep playing Istaria?

I dunno to be honest. It depends on too many factors to really speak of here.

Talking Re: If another game with dragons..

Having a dragon as a playable character is for sure what drew me to istaria, but the community here is what's kept me playing. i've never met a more people compatible community like all the other players in istaria.

so even though i sometimes waver off to try other games for a week or two or get distracted by making videos and playing my xbox i still come back to istaria when everything else has left me bored. for example: I went out and tried a game call PWI (Perfect World International).

it was a good game, it had a massive community, and really modern graphics, how ever that community was faltered. people are defiantly NOT friendly (a majority of the time). the rate of pay for items sold by players is absolutely ridiculous. they would ask you to pay up to 50 million gold for something and thats just freaking ludicrous because it would take you weeks to get that much coin to drop from killing the monsters in that game. not only that but the rate of leveling in that game is also screwed up. istarias leveling system is by far better then PWI's thats one big reason i left PWI is because after you hit 20 it takes hours just to gain 1 level and you have to grind quest to do it cuz just going out and killing monsters is not enough at all. i was drawn to PWI for the Venomancer class that could control animals, but other then that the game eventually left me bored. i'm ashamed to say i even wasted money on buying good stuff in the game. i may end up going back and playing again some day but i doubt anything has changed. in PWI you also get frequently sexual cat calls and such because the games dressing system for female characters basically leaves us with really skimpy cloths that they some how justify as armor o-e. seriously? a skirt and a top the stops just under your boobs is NOT armor.

any who back on track. i would defiantly check out the game first and if i liked the game i would probably switch on and off but i could never forget istaria. this game holds so much more then any other MMORPG game does and its that the game is biased entirely off the support you get from such an awesome community ^^.

Yeah I would check it out, play it a bit. But when it comes down to it, I probably wouldn't leave Istaria for any game. Dragons in them or not.

Istaria has its ups and downs, but the community is one of a kind. No matter how many games I play, eventually I always come running back.

I didn't joined Istaria because it has Dragons. I was attracted by the multiclassing concept so my first char was a biped warrior/cleric.
    But starting from ZERO as a biped is a major PITA so I ended up playing a dragon because it was the easy way in.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

I go where my friends go and/or where I can find good RP. I'd certainly try any game offering playable dragons, though, and if I liked its mechanics and developers well enough I'd try to drag my friends into it.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Thread Information