Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: picture while the game is loading

Default picture while the game is loading

wow,
    Almost lost an eye because of those "poking" breasts.
    Not being prude but it is rather tasteless and not really Istaria-related in my humble opinion.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Default Re: picture while the game is loading

I said something very similar when I last logged in. I just about choked on my coffee...

Heh, my thought was, "At least those ones are covered." I do like the bright splash of red dragon in the background a lot. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Brighde View Post
    I said something very similar when I last logged in. I just about choked on my coffee...
    I concur! Good grief! hehe
    Reminds me of the naked dryad females a while back. Really boys, tsk tsk

And I think there are more females playing Istaria then males so at least make it equal.

if i remember correctly its been the same character model since release.

what is every one takling about ???? >_> got me windering now ...and i cant find out XP this pc wont play the game ... <_< *eyes tweching * .....
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

Quote Originally Posted by Image View Post
    Reminds me of the naked dryad females a while back.
    Which is still there as a preloading splash-screen. So this new thing is in addition to it.

Tempted to start a forum game where we write down all the mortal injuries that "armor" would allow, beginning with how a crushing blow could drive the center of the boobplate into her sternum.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Heather and me discussed the same yesterday.

No, we are not prude.
    But that does not represent good taste
    or our philisophy.
    It even does not look nice (compared with Gengel`s artwork)
    it does not fit to Istaria.

Less annoying but ridicoulous.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

How many ladies posted in this thread?

PS:> I do think there are more females than males playing Istaria, so there is your answer to the question Why this image?
    WE need more males in this matriarchy which is Istaria :P

PS2:> joking ofcourse
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

I don't much like that picture neither... but is it me or is the red dragon crashing himself on the portal's edge?

Thank you Lov, and yes, I agree, its selling sex not Istaria.

Well, maybe I am just chauvinist, but I didn't really care one way or the other. Sure, my initial reaction was "Wow, they're huge." But after that it was kind of "If you're going to look at a loading screen, better something pretty (And with a cool dragon in the back as well) than at a big nasty undead ogre giving people hugs."
    Ssilmath Torshak, Paladin of the Lost, Shaman of the Damned, Master Armorsmith

My other "crack would be cheaper" hobby
    http://ssilmath.deviantart.com/

The ogre wasn't pretty either. It did had the same style as this boobscreen though and I don't like that style. I really think it is ugly and not Istaria like. Perhaps it is more the style I don't like than those huge boobs or more likely the combination (I did like the dryads)

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

Wow.... You all are putting waaaaay to much thought into this. Its not a nude woman, shes not stripping, there is no pole beside her, men aren't throwing $2 dollar bills at her. Its a fake, drawn image that in no way represents a woman cooking, having sex, or anything else demeaning..

Ya'll seriously need to lighten up

I Thought absolutely nothing of it when I saw it. Came on the forums and read this post.. I relogged thinking someone slipped in a full blown nudie of Carmen Electra, or Shannon Elizabeth. And all I got was this.. Pffffft. Anyways.. This reminds me of Catcher in the Rye, blown WAY out of preportion.

I really like the picture, and hope its here to stay for a while.
    Last edited by Finkledbody; February 24th, 2012 at 02:02 PM.

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

The only thing that is way blown out of proportion - thank you for using that expression - are her breasts.
    Besides I think it is an ugly picture.
    BTW guess you are a guy?

PS
    The way she looks it would be more appropriate if she was stripping, but that would suggest a whole other game...
    Last edited by Sigi; February 24th, 2012 at 02:35 PM.

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

Quote Originally Posted by Finkledbody View Post
    Wow.... You all are putting waaaaay to much thought into this. Its not a nude woman, shes not stripping, there is no pole beside her, men aren't throwing $2 dollar bills at her. Its a fake, drawn image that in no way represents a woman cooking, having sex, or anything else demeaning..

Ya'll seriously need to lighten up

I Thought absolutely nothing of it when I saw it. Came on the forums and read this post.. I relogged thinking someone slipped in a full blown nudie of Carmen Electra, or Shannon Elizabeth. And all I got was this.. Pffffft. Anyways.. This reminds me of Catcher in the Rye, blown WAY out of preportion.

I really like the picture, and hope its here to stay for a while.
    You'll seriously need to consider that it seems several people don't enjoy this picture, unlike you, and have different opinions.

That character has been around forever, and doesn't look that bad. Really, people are over-reacting.

Does Dolly Parton also freak you out? God made her that way, get over it.

I, too, think that people are complaining way too much about something so... petty.

Are her breasts a little over-done?

Maybe.

Is the armor a bit revealing?

A little. But not THAT much. There's no cleavage showing, and the only thing showing is her stomach.

I wasn't aware that a woman's stomach is suddenly considered "nudity". Armor that looks like that is commonplace in many different fantasy settings, and it isn't like she's wearing a bikini or something, and even if she were, do you complain when you go down to the beach when everyone's wearing two-pieces?

Honestly.

Some people will complain about just about anything.

The image is not that bad, I've seen far worse.

I mean, what's next, are you guys going to say that dragon in the background looks like he's doing something he shouldn't be? *eyeroll*

What? There were boobs? I was totally oggling that dragon!

I'm totally in the "You guys are way to serious about this" crowd! I mean, it's a loading screen. Probably spend the least amount of time on it! =)

it still is a men`s world, isn`t it?
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Thread Information