Thread: gamespot adds

Default gamespot adds

ok any other gamer here tired of the gamespot adds that basically make mocker of serious games .

like there latest mocker the mass effect 3 add. making the game look like a joke.

Default Re: gamespot adds

People still have ads enabled on the internet?*

*Excepting those few free-via-ads sites you like and endorse and wish to support. Of course.

I thought he was referring to the TV ad.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    I thought he was referring to the TV ad.
    People still watch TV? I have one, it's set up! I thought those were just for awesome big screen games on my consoles...

Oh! Right. TV. That's a thing still.

I haven't met a TV ad that didn't have me tearing my hair out in annoyance in years, so sounds like par for the course to me.

can we stay on topic dragons?

Istaria Forums > Posts Not Related to Istaria > General Off Topic Posts.

But sure! Wasn't Gamespot the place that got caught opening up game boxes to remove the packaged goodies/codes to sell them separately? I might be wrong, I have a hard time keeping the various Flavors of Pure Evil straight when it comes to brick'n'mortar video game shops.

I'll have to watch this video later (surely it is on youtube?), but come on... Mass Effect 3?

Why would anyone want to make a mockery of such an epic game?

The Mass Effect series is very well-written, some of the best times I've ever had while gaming and if they really did make a joke about such an awesome game, I think I'd be quite unhappy too.

As for Brick-and-Mortar... well. I never (almost never) buy NEW games from them for this reason; they always open the game up and take stuff out of it. You just have no way of knowing for sure that they put everything back in when you go to buy the thing. With so many games requiring key-codes found in the manuals and in the packaging, I just don't trust that someone didn't write down a keycode and use it and I'll take it home and the thing won't work and they of course won't accept a return on an opened package.

That's why these days I either use a download service like Steam, or I'll order the game from an online site.

Thankfully for me I suppose, that new games that I'm actually interested in, is pretty rare. I think Mass Effect 3 (I pre-ordered the digital download) is the only new game this past year that I was actually interested in, except for Skyrim (which I bought through Steam).

I use BnM Stores mainly for old games that are hard to find, mainly console games as those don't require keycodes usually and they don't usually come with extra stuff. Not that I do much console gaming these days either, but on the off-chance I'll have heard of an old game I want to check for, well...

Well to me, that looks like someone was hired to make an ad just based on a description.
    You know, someone not really familiar with the genre or gameplay. Was just given a few clips, a brief description involving "Big **** heroes" cut it together said, "This makes sense to me!" and rolled it. I really wouldn't expect a video editor to be insanely innate with everything he cuts anyways.

you would think, however, that someone with some knowledge of the subject matter would have to sign off on the Editor's efforts.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Wow. I just saw an awesome Xbox 360 commercial for ME3 during the finale of Face Off.

And it's not on youtube yet.

Thread Information