Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mass Effect 3

Default Re: Mass Effect 3

There's been no spoilers, so why use a tag? Seriously, jumping in a thread, stating you're not going to read anything then screaming at everyone for an unjustified reason just makes other people feel awkward.
    Last edited by Shian; March 15th, 2012 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    There have been no spoilers...

And Chio, right now... It's reportedly free but yea... We will see!
    Downloading an ME2 save and loading it up in ME3 is free, yes.

Don't know how or why that would ever change.

Unless the people who run the ME2 save database websites decide to start charging for their downloads, which wouldn't fly surely because wouldn't the ME2 saves be EA's IP and therefore against the law to charge for them?

The worst that could happen would be that EA would tell said database website to cease and desist, but it has been going on since ME1 days so I doubt they mind or they woulda done something by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    Downloading an ME2 save and loading it up in ME3 is free, yes.

Don't know how or why that would ever change.
    Sorry, my quote apparently captured the wrong paragraph! I was refering to this...

"However, recent word is ...there is to be another ending released that is the "real" ending that doesn't have the problems of the current ones...and that's all we know. "

[[And now I can't go back and edit that misquote =( What the heck VI? ]]

Aye, CHio, I knew you were referring to that. And my answer applied there .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

What I've read about ME3's ending and the reliance of story outcome on metagaming (i.e. if you're aiming for a particular ending the number of points you earn in multiplayer matters at least as much as your Shepard's choices matter) puts me off playing it at all. I don't even care anymore about whether I see spoilers. Hoping that "fixed ending" becomes a reality.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Quote Originally Posted by Xoshara View Post
    What I've read about ME3's ending and the reliance of story outcome on metagaming (i.e. if you're aiming for a particular ending the number of points you earn in multiplayer matters at least as much as your Shepard's choices matter) puts me off playing it at all. I don't even care anymore about whether I see spoilers. Hoping that "fixed ending" becomes a reality.
    I've decided to play up to the "Last Dungeon" and leave my save file sit there until they release a better ending.

Also, it IS possible to get "the best" ending without multiplayer, but you need basically a 100% completion in Single-player, and sadly there's like 2 things I might have done wrong.

I guess it gives me an excuse to re-play the game, something I don't mind doing. While the current endings suck, the actual gameplay doesn't and I felt the game was a bit too short as it is.

As for Multiplayer, well...

I feel they kinda dropped the ball there. I was stoked at first, but then I actually *tried* Multiplayer and... well, that's a whole 'nuther rant. I considered posting this rant on EA's forums when I get a spare min or three; maybe I'll share the link when I do.

Thread Information