Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Current Bugs: Spring 2012

Default Re: Current Bugs: Spring 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post
    That's the problem. If I turn object fading off, they all become the same colour. If its on, the gem nodes are just fine and the colours they should be.

I doubt its the drivers as those are updated. Could be the graphics card. I'm running a Nvidia Geforce G 105 m on Vista.
    Oh, okay! I totally misunderstood. I'll pass that over the tech team.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

That's the problem. If I turn object fading off, they all become the same colour. If its on, the gem nodes are just fine and the colours they should be.

I doubt its the drivers as those are updated. Could be the graphics card. I'm running a Nvidia Geforce G 105 m on Vista.
    I just tested it myself and with fading both on and off the nodes looked the same. So I think its probably the video card for some reason. Could you submit a support ticket with a screenshot please?

Definitely include the information about your video card.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Only on biped(human): if i use the scroll wheel to zoom out the view so i can have a better fov, my client freezes.
    It doesn't happen while playing the dragon - so i guess it has to do with the graphics of the human/biped character.
    Playing on a Asus G53jw with nVidia GTX 460m video card with latest whql drivers
    It also happens at work on a generic desktop with an nvidia 8400 card.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    Only on biped(human): if i use the scroll wheel to zoom out the view so i can have a better fov, my client freezes.
    It doesn't happen while playing the dragon - so i guess it has to do with the graphics of the human/biped character.
    Playing on a Asus G53jw with nVidia GTX 460m video card with latest whql drivers
    It also happens at work on a generic desktop with an nvidia 8400 card.
    This is interesting - Same thing happens when I play Hoberton and not any of my other characters (Non-Human). nvidia GeForce 9300GE graphics card also.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoberton View Post
    This is interesting - Same thing happens when I play Hoberton and not any of my other characters (Non-Human). nvidia GeForce 9300GE graphics card also.
    I get the freeze too. Been happening for a while.
    ATI Radeon HD 4800 - Win7 64

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    if i use the scroll wheel to zoom out the view so i can have a better fov, my client freezes.
    Happened to me too, for as long as I can remember. But only if I try to zoom all the way out. Sorta like if I try to zoom out too far too fast, it just freezes.

Win Vista SP2
    nVidia GeForce GTX 460
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Default Re: Current Bugs: Spring 2012: Questing glitch

Hi there! I was just working on my Hardened scales quests (on VII right now) and throughout every quest, instead of killing 20 as it said I should, it only counts about 1 every 6 or 7 kills. I'm not sure if this counts for other quests but please look into it. I'm sorry if I seemed to be rude 'cause I don't mean to =3 Thanks for all your effort guys, keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Dargarri View Post
    Hi there! I was just working on my Hardened scales quests (on VII right now) and throughout every quest, instead of killing 20 as it said I should, it only counts about 1 every 6 or 7 kills. I'm not sure if this counts for other quests but please look into it. I'm sorry if I seemed to be rude 'cause I don't mean to =3 Thanks for all your effort guys, keep up the good work!
    Without a specific quest I cannot investigate this very well. I did check Hardened Scales VII and it is setup properly and will track all Fire Wolves. Most often the cause of this type of thing is that you are killing something that the quest isn't asking for... too low a level, etc. For example, Hardened Scales VI asks you to kill Arbotus. Weak Arbotus won't count, but the others will.

It depends which server board I think is which.

@Dargarri: If you dive-bomb the wolves from the sky and one shot them, they don't count. Usually you can tell which dive-bombed/one-shotted ones count by seeing if you got EXP for the kill or not.

The entirety of the flavor text for the racial "Saris Sprint" is currently: "A faster version of the sprint ability" complete with no ending punctuation. Saris sprint ISN'T faster than Sprint right now, it just lasts longer, and that's rather flavorless flavor text for a racial ability to boot. Could we get something a little more flavorful, or at least more accurate and better punctuated?

An example of (imho) better flavor text would be something like: "No race can match the Saris for endurance on the run."

The rare tech comp "Fire Pygmy Shrunken Head" has the orange pygmy ear icon instead of a shrunken head icon.

Got it. Thanks
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; June 18th, 2012 at 04:34 PM.

trophey quest for "small broun wolfs ears" do not triggers, when you bring ears to trophey hunter

Can find nothing wrong with this quest. You must have five of the ears in your inventory (not vault, not containers) when you greet one of the two trophy hunters on Lesser Aradoth.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; June 18th, 2012 at 04:38 PM.

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this.. But the game seems to be lagging and crashing a lot now, and not just for me, for many people. Getting a lot of "Unhandled Exceptions" since the last update. I've never had problems with crashing or lag in Istaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshade View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this.. But the game seems to be lagging and crashing a lot now, and not just for me, for many people. Getting a lot of "Unhandled Exceptions" since the last update. I've never had problems with crashing or lag in Istaria.
    I'm the same. Its gotten worse over time, and been particularly bad the last week or two. Enough so that I put in a bug report on Friday about it, with no answer. I've noticed there are specific places on the map or actions I perform that cause me to crash to desktop. When I try to log back in, I get an 'Unhandled Exception.' It may take two or three of these 'unhandled exceptions' before I can log back in.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Quote Originally Posted by Krinharth View Post
    trophey quest for "small broun wolfs ears" do not triggers, when you bring ears to trophey hunter
    what I can do, to proove it? jast now I've check: Kion's hunter acsept ears, but New trismuses's - ignors me (and NT's gives quest for ears, but Kion's ignors me, perhaps due too low lvl for Kion)

I'm the same. Its gotten worse over time, and been particularly bad the last week or two. Enough so that I put in a bug report on Friday about it, with no answer. I've noticed there are specific places on the map or actions I perform that cause me to crash to desktop. When I try to log back in, I get an 'Unhandled Exception.' It may take two or three of these 'unhandled exceptions' before I can log back in.
    I have been getting these as well. I do have debug logging turned on if sending those is will help. They are binary files so I am unable to read them.

Not a bug, but maybe an oversight. There doesn't weem to be a brewing tech and not sure if there should be one, but thought I'd mention it.

This is by design as there is no true need right now.

Also, unable to place blessings on tools and checking to make sure that is what is intended.

Correct, that is by design. Armor or Jewelry. Back, Chest, Ear, Hands, Head, LeftPalm and Wrist.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; June 19th, 2012 at 06:23 PM.

These are the errors I am getting, they are more frequent now. As I posted earlier I have the debug logging on and can send the report in if needed.
    Question: When the Send crash report is selected do they get sent to you or Microsoft?

To us. Please send them, thats why it is asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimir View Post

These are the errors I am getting, they are more frequent now. As I posted earlier I have the debug logging on and can send the report in if needed.
    Question: When the Send crash report is selected do they get sent to you or Microsoft?

I've gotten errors like that when a lot of data other than Istaria are downloading - typically when Silvi's Lair (Dragcave fansite) refreshes. You might want to note what else you have running when it happens for the devs to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimir View Post

So by clicking the "Yes" this file 8b755607-7493-4b05-babb-b2fe7a743c7f.dmp was already sent to you? Or do you need me to open a ticket and send them that way?

I'm not sending you my banking information, or web browser history, or e-mail contact list in it am I? Being a binary file I have no idea what I am sending.

But then again getting this fixed is worth the risk

Thread Information