Thread: ARoP: the ellement-riddles

Default ARoP: the ellement-riddles

please, help me to understand.
    how did you come to the answer to 2 and 5 riddles?
    their text:
    "Bolt of lightning's fury shown,
    In this immortal tempest's son,
    Fist of thunder, club of bone,
    A feat indeed to best this one."
    and
    "Creature of the arbor veil,
    Guardian at the gates of death,
    Force of nature must prevail,
    In his bark true fury kept."
    unfortunatly, answer was spoiled me befor any explanation, but I wana understand, how riddle may be solved. I found their answer quait illogical.

thanx

Default Re: ARoP: the ellement-riddles

if i remember correctly (it has been a long time)

bolt of lightning fury shown immoral tempest son = those tempest/wind storm golems.

Fist of thunder club of bone - same thing as before. which makes sense to me since they are storm golems?

and the last little paragraph = the named thorn wood treant who escapes me. but the true hint in that one is BARK and force of nature.

correct me if im wrong. its been a LONG time. only have done the ARoP once.

Smile Re: ARoP: the ellement-riddles

Quote Originally Posted by AguaRush View Post
    if i remember correctly (it has been a long time)

bolt of lightning fury shown immoral tempest son = those tempest/wind storm golems.

Fist of thunder club of bone - same thing as before. which makes sense to me since they are storm golems?

and the last little paragraph = the named thorn wood treant who escapes me. but the true hint in that one is BARK and force of nature.

correct me if im wrong. its been a LONG time. only have done the ARoP once.
    dissappointly, it was NOT thorn wood treant (that live near gate to ED - "death gate" as I thought) but Yew treant, that lives in forest....maiby earler yew lives in another place, and later goes to yew forest? or earler answer realy was thornwood treant, and now only text remeins old, without changes..

about thander golems...hmmm...it wasn't clear for me, that that ogr-like creature is a golem (perhaps I mess some lore..).
    and "Fist of thunder"? hmmm..they are very "fleshy" on a look..
    maiby phrase "club of thunder, fist of bones" looks for me more apropriate...but maiby I didn't see all that evidence in reason, I know english not so good, and miss many of the values ​​of multi-valued metaphorsю

thanx for your opinion, AguaRush
    Last edited by Krinharth; March 17th, 2012 at 06:52 PM.

Mirroring AguaRush's explanation...
    Bolt of lightning's fury shown,
    In this immortal tempest's son,
    Fist of thunder, club of bone,
    A feat indeed to best this one.
    Lightning, Tempest, Thunder, Wind - all are amid those storm-type golems. I don't know about the club of bone, but presumably it would be the named of the toughest of those types.

Creature of the arbor veil,
    Guardian at the gates of death,
    Force of nature must prevail,
    In his bark true fury kept.
    Arbor => trees/forest; I think of Arbor Day.
    Gates of Death = main entranceway to Eastern Deadlands, historically through the yew forest to get to it. The southern entrance is not nearly so grandiose.
    Nature/bark again references tree.

thanx, Awdz. well, I realy mess somehow, that it is thunder golems (mayby suphics "thun'" must help, but I see it only now)

Thread Information