Thread: harvesting tool link

Default harvesting tool link

It would be kind of neat if, when the system tells us the correct tool choices for harvesting from something, that we could click on the tool listed and have it autoequip for us - like happens in the processing formulas. Is that feasible?

Default Re: harvesting tool link

Yeah... just a few days ago we were wondering what tool you use to gather from a spider, just out of curiosity. It took is some tries to get to the army knife (I think that's what it was).

With everything that a dragon can gather, it tells you the dragon ability, which gives a hint for the biped tool. Would be great if it at least tells the biped tool in the same way.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Offhand, I know it tells you the list of tools available to harvest from the selected node if you have the wrong one equipped.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

I can see where it might not be so easy. Walk up to a tree and hit it. Do you want sap, bark, or logs? Three different tools and resources for one node. Are you suggesting a clickable link in the game feedback chat?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracaena View Post
    Are you suggesting a clickable link in the game feedback chat?
    Yes. My tools pouch is full of scattered tools and it'd be nice to not have to search for a minute before coming up with the tool I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracaena View Post
    I can see where it might not be so easy. Walk up to a tree and hit it. Do you want sap, bark, or logs? Three different tools and resources for one node. Are you suggesting a clickable link in the game feedback chat?
    Yes, that would be the problem in implementing this.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

"Do you want logs? Equip tree axe.
    Do you want bark? Equip harvest knife.
    Do you want sap? Equip sap spigot."
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

I'll play devil's advocate here. Now if we had this clickable chat feedback link would it work for dragons too?

I expect for this hypothetical question the answer would be no as tools and abilities are two different animals. I always figured the loss of hot keys on my biped for the gathering tools was the equivalent of the loss of hot keys on my dragon for the various craft abilities.

I would dearly love to have some hot key slots back myself if this would work. I can always tell when I have been playing my bipeds too much when I sit there and click equip tool on the creation window and nothing happens because it is the dragon. (While we are wishing here, I wish for the dragon craft ablities to activate via the creation window equip tool.)

Do you want sap? Equip sap spigot.
    Are you a dragon? Use your Ingenuity ability to harvest X. You cannot harvest Y or Z."

or

Are you a dragon? Sorry, you are unable to harvest X, Y, or Z."

or

Are you a dragon? Use your Intuition ability to harvest Y. You cannot harvest X or Z."
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

I'd say:
    "Are you a dragon? Stop messing with that tree, you pervert!"

I can't see the problem of having multiple links... you already suggest multiple tools, if no correct tool is equipped, don't you? If it is at all possible to create such a link, why not have multiple of them?

BTW: The suggestion for tools only appears, IF a tool is equipped. If you try with a weapon it just says "You can't gather with the currently equipped tool." Only if a tool is equipped it tells you which tools you can use. If it's gatherable with a dragon ability the message appears every time. So that's what confused me and led to my above post.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Thread Information