Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: settle an argument, please - rite requirements

Default Re: settle an argument, please - rite requirements

*vomits a new ball of cat hair into the thread*

Is it really that important? *scratches his head* I tried to find something in the patchnotes, but could nowhere find a change in level requirement. Maybe the guy you argued with just is remembering something wrong? Happens to all of us from time to time... our memories are never sharp but only fuzzy and if your brain has reason to think that something must have been different than what it "saved" it will just overwrite that.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

2004? - NOPE. 2003 was launch right? IIRC the Rites
    of Ascension took HZ (Under Bowman and original team of Devs)
    almost 2 full years to implement.
    No, very wrong. But then the official date and posts have already been realsed.

The Adult RoP came out within a few months of launch. I was here on day one and I wasn't barely over Adv. level 30 (and had to grind out craft a few more levels) before I could start the RoP when it was launched.

I level slow..but not *that* slow .

And "judge us" as you want; but that just shows me you weren't around at launch nor when it first launched; there was *no* judgement then on those hatchlings who chose to go ahead and do it at level 30.

Remember, this was before level 50 scales and any *other* reason to wait. Its only later that this snobbery and judgement within the community started. When it first launched, everyoen who could do it was happy to be able to start - helped by everyone else who was *happy* to help their friends.

And Garf I imagine its "important" only because the information could be misleading and confusing to others. Imagine if that player was telling new players "oh yea you can ascend at adv. level 20" and then those new players get up to 20 and are pissed off when they find out its not true?

Just saying. Its a good question; esp. if some players aren't too sure of the current levels of RoP.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

It depends which server board I think is which.

I had once thought that the rites started at lvl 20 when I was brand new to the game because I saw a level 20 adult NPC... but I really do not remember throughout my 2 years of playing that the rights went below level 30. Then again, I have not been long very long compared to the 8 or 9 years some of you guys have racked up.

Just my two cents, here~

~Racktor

Quote Originally Posted by Andaras View Post
    2004? ROP?

Ok, I won't even touch the lvl requirements to start. I'll
    focus on the year ROP was introduced.

BEST CALL OF BLUFF: Ask this dragon to provide you proof - Show
    you his Cure Zymosis spell, what was highest Tier resource, Highest
    tier Mob to hunt. Hints: They weren't T6.
    Yup, ROP in 2004. AROP no.

Kesqui ascended to adult in 2004, when the rites were released to the live servers, including the EU server "Ice" - I never played on "Unity". She was level 32ADV/42CRA at the completion of the rite. Yep, I've got Cure Zymosis. That said, I don't remember highest tier mobs/resources because I never got that far.

In fact, this post:

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ghlight=kesqui

was made in December 2004, I'd quit around six months earlier, and had gotten to adulthood before I left.

And Racktor: There are level-0 adult NPC dragons out there
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post

And "judge us" as you want; but that just shows me you weren't around at launch nor when it first launched; there was *no* judgement then on those hatchlings who chose to go ahead and do it at level 30.

Remember, this was before level 50 scales and any *other* reason to wait. Its only later that this snobbery and judgement within the community started. When it first launched, everyone who could do it was happy to be able to start - helped by everyone else who was *happy* to help their friends.
    Nice to know that lvl 30 adults didnt always receive hate from some of the playerbase. /soapbox

I cant speak for all the way back but I definitely recall it being 30/20/250k in '06. I was always left with the impression that that was the way it'd had always been.

For what it's worth, I finally was able to get Blight to load tonight with help from Steelclaw's tips. Ran my what turned out to be 2,000+ day old lv22 hatchling over to Karane for a chat.

The current requirements on Blight for starting adult rites are 30 adventure, 20 craft, 250,000 hoard and 30 days since becoming one of The Gifted. Plus a couple of dialog typos that I will report soon as I figure out where to place that report.

But seriously, if the rites had ever been as low as 20 adventure and then raised to 30, I think the uproar that would have caused would have been _very_ memorable to all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    TY all for conveniently skipping my IIRC.

Firth, I wasn't casting judgement nor was I trying to bring up the ages old
    Dragon Adult only at 50. My point was Certain dragons felt the RITES should
    have been soloable instead of forcing Grouping. (Notably PAW_spirit)

As for your point about everyone was Helpful - you are correct absolutely!

Yes, I was around in the beginning of 2004. Events moved pretty fast then
    and I was still getting a handle on learning the world.
    MANY changes escaped my notice at the exact time they happened...
    Thus the IIRC.

Forgive this Saris for opening his mouth to offer his fuzzy, and seemingly
    very unwanted, recollections of Early Istarian days.

Andaras

your input was -AS ALWAYS- much appreciated, Andaras!!

Even I (not a native speaker) understood what you`ve said-
    and did not know why Frith got you so wrong.

So Andaras, pls keep on posting- and I really do not mind hairballs now and then..

and Frith- have a klava and a celebration cake..all is good..*pat pat*
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

My misunderstanding then; no worries. Just a pet peeve of mine when people sound like they are pointing it out *Shrugs*
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information