Thread: add +stoneworking to stoneworking pedestals

Default add +stoneworking to stoneworking pedestals

it would be tremendously useful if stonework pedestals buffed stonework skill.

i've just spent the last three evenings trying to figure out how i am supposed to craft T5 imbued bricks for a cargo disk with only 870 stoneworking skill. found a T6 stonework pedestal and, much to my dismay, it buffed my spellcraft and lairshape skill, but not my stonework skill! so i found one in a biped shop, and it buffed my spellcraft, but not my stonework.

words are inadequate to describe how irritated i am at this moment.

Default Re: add +stoneworking to stoneworking pedestals

Don't stonecutting machines boost Stoneworking?
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Stonecutters boost Stoneworking, right. I'd say the machine is wrong for that formula. Usually the further processing of bricks (like blighted bricks to usual bricks) also uses a stonecutter and stoneworking, or am I wrong here?
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Looking at my formulas to confirm:

Stoneworking pedestals are used for making spellshards and construction blocks/keystones. Those formulas require spellcraft and masonry.

Only the initial cutting of the slabs into bricks requires stoneworking, at a stonecutter. I may have missed something special somewhere, though.

Biped cargo disks require plain bricks, but used tinkered components made from bars at a tinkering machine. Perhaps the buff to making imbued bricks comes from the machine used in making the disks?

You forgot stone tools, which use sculpting and are done on the pedestial, too. But that's just for the completeness of your list.

Can't login right now to verify anything, though.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    Looking at my formulas to confirm:

Stoneworking pedestals are used for making spellshards and construction blocks/keystones. Those formulas require spellcraft and masonry.

Only the initial cutting of the slabs into bricks requires stoneworking, at a stonecutter. I may have missed something special somewhere, though.

Biped cargo disks require plain bricks, but used tinkered components made from bars at a tinkering machine. Perhaps the buff to making imbued bricks comes from the machine used in making the disks?

incorrect. Imbued bricks require a stoneworking pedestal.

Last edited by Shur; March 28th, 2012 at 11:38 AM.

I'd say the formula is wrong... blighted bricks need stoneworking and a stonecutter and the old imperial stuff also needs stoneworking and a stonecutter. And cleansing blighted bricks to normal ones also needs stonecutter and stoneworking...

IMHO Stonepedestrial and Stoneworking is just wrong.

Going to change the formula to use a StoneCutter instead. Easier than adding more stat bonuses to the Pedestal.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

that works just as well.

any estimate on when the fix will be live? I'd like to be able to get that disk done.

Quote Originally Posted by Shur View Post
    that works just as well.

any estimate on when the fix will be live? I'd like to be able to get that disk done.
    You know better than that No ETAs!
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Going to change the formula to use a StoneCutter instead. Easier than adding more stat bonuses to the Pedestal.
    Thank you Amon! Something I have been wishing for a long time.

Thread Information