Thread: Mergeable Chat Windows?

Default Mergeable Chat Windows?

I am a player who likes to have new tells sent to a new window. Eventually I end up with three or four conversations, along with my standard chat bar of player channels and my main action window, all cluttering up my screen. Is it possible to be able to dock the chat windows together, should a player so choose. Possibly by dragging on top of each other or have a merge icon? Otherwise I wouldn't mind having all my tell windows tabbed together in one chatbox. Or a suggestion on how I could work around this process would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Mergeable Chat Windows?

Can't get into game right now to get this all checked out BUT: there's an option to designate one of your chat windows as the "main" window that new auto-created tabs get sent to, including tells. It should be a check box at the bottom of the chat window options pane, underneath the selection of default chat channels & near the field to enter text that will be applied to all tabs by default. NOTE: there's a limit on how many tabs can go into a single chat window! So if you already have a lot of chat tabs set up, you may want a new window to hold those two-three-four-five tell windows you're often juggling.

In short: checkbox near the bottom of the chat options window. Hope that helps!

I'll try setting a non 'action' window as my primary and change new tell behavior back to tabs and see how it goes...
    I knew there was something I was forgetting/missing...

My original request would still stand so we didn't have to make "absolute" rules, however.

There used to be a Mod that allowed you to double up the amount of tabs on a single chat window (16 or so I think).

I have a feeling that the mod isn't vista/win7 compatible so might not work anymore (never really used it so not tested).

All I have is a compiled exe for it
    http://istaria-guides.com/downloads/ChatMod.exe
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Alright, dedicated one window simply to Tells, marked that window as primary, changed new TELL behavior to NEW TAB again. All is well except the notification sound is way too soft and passive. SO I downloaded an old school game sound .wav file and renamed it to notify.wav. Used that to replace the notify.wav in resources/sounds/ui. MOST HAPPY NOW! Thanks!

**note: the notify sound only chimes when you get a new message in your PRIMARY window. I use flashing tabs too on my window dedicated to player channels so I can keep up with the many convos. I also have one window dedicated to simply game actions, etc. to keep all my bases covered. I went from upwards of 6 windows and very little viewable game space to three well managed, tabbed windows.

Thread Information