Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 88

Thread: Talk to the Team: Healer

  1. #61

    Default Re: Talk to the Team: Healer

    Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    ok what about the new cherubs song for Healer? the moment i saw it mentioned in the cleric thread i thought "its not much but it does seem highly fitting for the healer"
    Most adventure schools have a defining ability, Cherub's Song was originally that ability for Clerics. It just got forgotten after it became highly ineffective. If Healers are to receive the Cleric's defining ability then what do you suggest for a new defining ability to make available for Clerics instead?

  2. #62

    Default Re: Talk to the Team: Healer

    How about this for crazy: an aura/group damage shield, but instead of returning damage to the mob, heal the recipient? Could be tiered, 5, 10, 15% chance respectively; duration 1min recycle 5min.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

  3. #63

    Default Re: Talk to the Team: Healer

    Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    How about this for crazy: an aura/group damage shield, but instead of returning damage to the mob, heal the recipient? Could be tiered, 5, 10, 15% chance respectively; duration 1min recycle 5min.
    This definitely sounds interesting for healers :)

  4. #64

    Default Re: Talk to the Team: Healer

    Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    How about this for crazy: an aura/group damage shield, but instead of returning damage to the mob, heal the recipient? Could be tiered, 5, 10, 15% chance respectively; duration 1min recycle 5min.
    sounds too much like/conflict with the aura heal healers already get

  5. #65

    Default Re: Talk to the Team: Healer

    Quote Originally Posted by Tzael View Post
    Most adventure schools have a defining ability, Cherub's Song was originally that ability for Clerics. It just got forgotten after it became highly ineffective. If Healers are to receive the Cleric's defining ability then what do you suggest for a new defining ability to make available for Clerics instead?
    a defining ability that is only usable every three mins with only 25% chance to hit? I'd hardly call that defining

  6. #66

    Default Re: Talk to the Team: Healer

    I have actually started using Aura of Health now, since it got the bump in healing. Not sure what else the class needs.

    I do still think that perhaps some epic weapon aimed at healer specifically would be nice.

    Could we get the stats bumped on Mace of Divine Intervention?
    Make sure the "on death" effect works, increase the heal it does to 100%. Bump up the +life to maybe +300, so that there is a noticable increase in healing.

  7. #67

    Default Re: Talk to the Team: Healer

    Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    I have actually started using Aura of Health now, since it got the bump in healing. Not sure what else the class needs.

    I do still think that perhaps some epic weapon aimed at healer specifically would be nice.

    Could we get the stats bumped on Mace of Divine Intervention?
    Make sure the "on death" effect works, increase the heal it does to 100%. Bump up the +life to maybe +300, so that there is a noticable increase in healing.
    that would only help small group of players :) unless it will be put on token vendor for when we exchange tokens from epic bosses for epic stuff. 100% is very good idea.. gives healer plenty time to rebuff during hunt.. i do agree healers need some specific epic weapon.
    Last edited by Tilithia; May 5th, 2014 at 02:21 PM.
    Tempus fugit; aeternitas manet. ~Carpe Diem.~
    "Keep up the good work. It takes effort, but effort brings fulfillment."
    Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!

  8. #68

    Default Re: Talk to the Team: Healer

    Hey Amon,

    Following your OPEN-ENDED suggestion, here are my thoughts TWO YEARS LATER../grin ..and a summary of what I see. Apologies if some [or all..lol] of this has already been thought about, forgotten, dismissed or not yet implemented, or implemented and as I'm returning recently, I'm not YET aware of etc.

    As mainly a construction and weapon crafter, i have only [needed] wanted to level adventuring for the mob aggro aspects and healing abilites and components when required.

    I levelled in groups early on, like years ago 2003/4, and post level 50/60 in 2006 approx, it got substantially tougher and was achieved with a greater ease only when a guildy kept casting non-masterable cot etc. Currently I'm still only 80 as the thought of the last 20 levels, even during double xp, just fills me with dread..so..

    .................................................. ................................................

    SUMMARY OF POINTS POSTED to date :

    Agreed: Need a new [ranged] attack spell for healer

    Agreed
    : Levelling healer solo is unbelievably slow, especially into the higher levels with masterable spells losing much if not all effectiveness.

    Agreed: Keep purity for non-teched possibilities for lower levels at least.

    Agreed
    : Weight SPELLS to more dps on undead, but still useful on all mob types, certainly when compared to current, recent or previous status.

    Agreed
    : Important to add heal-over-time spells ..Healer class only

    Agreed: Reduce timers on existing HEALER heals [abilities]


    AND SO -- My OWN Thoughts ....


    HEALING SPELLS

    New: Heal over time, one single target 'very short recycle', one 'longer recycle' for group - healer only, non-masterable, the instant group heal being masterable shouldn't be changed now, but healer needs more specific class benefits in the healing aspects

    Update
    : Aura of health - MAKE cast once per login, add an element of improving a group's healing, similar to the elven group ability.

    DPS SPELLS

    New: LIFE BOLT - nearly all, if not all other casting classes have a bolt, even though healing mostly when grouped and with, in my limited adv experience, grouping really only happening currently for epic high-end mobs and anchors, or rop's etc, should healers have a moderate ranged dps for soloing etc ? allows for life skill to give a qualified power and dps rather than a lvl 50, or closest level, mastered spirit bolt for example, most likely to be non-masterable

    New: AURA OF (MYSTIC) LIGHT - Damage shield doing moderate life dps for Healer only, fine we can buy shield spells etc, but should we not have our own shield based on life skill - non-masterable of course

    Update: MYSTIC BLAZE - make a little more powerful, more dps - reduce timer, more damage, whatever

    DPS ABLITIES [MELEE]


    Update: SMASH - Remove need to be in red stance,

    Update
    : Increase '1H CRUSH' Skill 'GAINED PER LEVEL' to 9, maybe 10

    .................................................. ................................................

    I hope this might be of some small assistance when it is convenient for you all to take it under discussion..if ever..
    Lio de Purr [Proud Saris] -------------------------------- 100 : HLR / SPRT -- 63 MAG
    100 : MIN/GTH - CRP/ENC/FIT/MSN/WVR - JWL - FLT/WPN/ARM - Tlr=80
    Huffenpuff [Adult Helian] ---------------------------------- 100 : DCra -- 76 Drag Adv.
    <The Alliance> Acul - Harro - Wolf's Paw - Drift Pt - Fabric Isle <CHAOS>

  9. #69

    Default Re: Talk to the Team: Healer

    A quick follow up, as I didn't even see there was a page 2-4 [DUH], but having read through them quickly, my post above still works I think..I look forward to the possibility that some of this excellent feedback to the original post gets implemented when possible.
    Lio de Purr [Proud Saris] -------------------------------- 100 : HLR / SPRT -- 63 MAG
    100 : MIN/GTH - CRP/ENC/FIT/MSN/WVR - JWL - FLT/WPN/ARM - Tlr=80
    Huffenpuff [Adult Helian] ---------------------------------- 100 : DCra -- 76 Drag Adv.
    <The Alliance> Acul - Harro - Wolf's Paw - Drift Pt - Fabric Isle <CHAOS>

  10. #70
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wherever the food is O_O
    Posts
    421

    Default Re: Talk to the Team: Healer

    New: Heal over time, one single target 'very short recycle', one 'longer recycle' for group - healer only, non-masterable, the instant group heal being masterable shouldn't be changed now, but healer needs more specific class benefits in the healing aspects
    Already have a group HoT effect - Aura of Health, which I think is enough. It doesn't stack with dragon breezes, but is essentially a permanent Refreshing Breeze.

    As for single target, perhaps XGenerate Health could be brought back and buffed up? *thinks* Currently it is at 1min cooldown, 42-42 heal ticking every 5 seconds for 30 seconds.

  11. #71

    Default Re: Talk to the Team: Healer

    Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    Already have a group HoT effect - Aura of Health, which I think is enough. It doesn't stack with dragon breezes, but is essentially a permanent Refreshing Breeze.

    As for single target, perhaps XGenerate Health could be brought back and buffed up? *thinks* Currently it is at 1min cooldown, 42-42 heal ticking every 5 seconds for 30 seconds.
    I have a teched Xgenerate health and its actually pretty good :) although a xgen health V would be nice i beleive its only upto IV atm;)

  12. #72

    Default Re: Talk to the Team: Healer

    [repeated from the : NEW Class - Light Archer Thread]

    I think this is a great idea [NEW Class - Light Archer], and would suit many role-playing situations, Dwarves and Elves especially, with a life skill accent, come to mind immediately. As you say though, its unlikely to happen soon ..

    As you mentioned the Healer situation ..[taking the opportunity to post about it anywhere ../grin]

    .. it doesn't of course address my continuing desire for 'Healer' Class offensive abilities to be tweaked a little upwards.. its all very well saying Healer shouldn't be an offensive class, but in the game currently, soloing is the only usual option, with levelling only possible at a snails pace, and I personally also have kept my ADV Rating [currently only 83] as low as possible to even make THAT easier etc

    On an fyi basis, as an 80 Healer, it takes me about 3-4 mins, or so, to kill 'Eclipse'..[lvl 69 approx 'named' obsidian Golem, Katja Volcano, Valley of Repose].. at least I can succeed, but only because I want to mine obsidian ../grin, and many self-heals required in-between my meagre smashes and blazes ! To be fair, the other obs golems [lvls 66-68] are of course easier and maybe take 1 min or so.

    It could be I play Healer DPS badly, or Healer is underpowered, or both, .. /GRIN .. hoping though we might get some offensive love sometime, even though we very much appreciate the recent 'AURA of HEALTH' boost ..
    Lio de Purr [Proud Saris] -------------------------------- 100 : HLR / SPRT -- 63 MAG
    100 : MIN/GTH - CRP/ENC/FIT/MSN/WVR - JWL - FLT/WPN/ARM - Tlr=80
    Huffenpuff [Adult Helian] ---------------------------------- 100 : DCra -- 76 Drag Adv.
    <The Alliance> Acul - Harro - Wolf's Paw - Drift Pt - Fabric Isle <CHAOS>

  13. #73

    Default Re: Talk to the Team: Healer

    **Directed at the last poster.

    Istaria is a vast world with many many ways of completing quests, crafting and hunting. If you are still having trouble with leveling healer, perhaps consider a new route or means of attack? Implementing additional attacks to healer is not necessarily the only way to go. Find a good crafter and have them make you scrolls of ice/fire/blight/etc. These scrolls act just like CoT (cloak of thorns) and last I believe 10 minutes. Best part is they are far more effective when used appropriately. Ice against fire, fire against ice, and so on.

    Good luck :)

    Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

  14. #74

    Default Re: Talk to the Team: Healer

    Quote Originally Posted by Finkledbody View Post
    **Directed at the last poster.

    Istaria is a vast world with many many ways of completing quests, crafting and hunting. If you are still having trouble with leveling healer, perhaps consider a new route or means of attack? Implementing additional attacks to healer is not necessarily the only way to go. Find a good crafter and have them make you scrolls of ice/fire/blight/etc. These scrolls act just like CoT (cloak of thorns) and last I believe 10 minutes. Best part is they are far more effective when used appropriately. Ice against fire, fire against ice, and so on.

    Good luck :)
    Thx Finkle, duly noted .. as CoT has never been masterable, I tend to forget about the other scrolls you mention .. that and I really ought to get Mage to 18 maybe, that'd help 'Mystic Blaze' .. appreciate your post, ty
    Lio de Purr [Proud Saris] -------------------------------- 100 : HLR / SPRT -- 63 MAG
    100 : MIN/GTH - CRP/ENC/FIT/MSN/WVR - JWL - FLT/WPN/ARM - Tlr=80
    Huffenpuff [Adult Helian] ---------------------------------- 100 : DCra -- 76 Drag Adv.
    <The Alliance> Acul - Harro - Wolf's Paw - Drift Pt - Fabric Isle <CHAOS>

  15. #75

    Default Re: Talk to the Team: Healer

    even after a few small changes made due to this thread. Healer still seemingly is only capable of healing 1 - 2 people properly. There aren't enough group abilities or spells. They should be capable of healing several people, Heals are still very weak and slow when you have large groups to heal. so in essence, you need several healers to get the job done right. This should not be the case. 1 healer should be all that is required for a group. But now groups go up to 20 people, Epics get stronger with nearly every patch... and a healer still only capable of properly healing 1 - 2 players at a time. Some creatures are not even regulated on how fast / often they can reuse their own spells. So we have epic bosses spamming certain attacks. Things need to be reconsidered..

    How about something useful, like fixing the Mace of Divine Intervention. Make it give off an aura heal, so anyone near the healer can pick up heals from the aura. Maybe allow it to use T6 recharge cells to keep it going. each spark off the aura would heal XX per person in range. Basically it's a aura that surrounds the healer, he floats in the air as if meditating. Anyone needing heals can move within range to get healed up by certain amounts, the longer he stands there, the more healing he gets. little flashes of arcing light shoot out and hit the nearby players in need of health. This would actually make the mace a useful tool again. Maybe lvl 100 required to use, T6 recharge cells to keep aura going. fades when cells run out. Right now?? it's about as useless as... well.. let just leave it at useless
    Last edited by Malicore; September 15th, 2017 at 08:26 AM.

  16. #76

    Default Re: Talk to the Team: Healer

    Youre using teched gear and heals right? My heals do about 600-700 per heal,and with newest addition Queens Vertebrae,they go up to 900-1000 sometimes. my life skill is at ~1.7k life and focus at ~1.7k also with healer specific gear. in all this theres only 1 obsolete item, aroahs health crystal which adds +50 hp and +25 life, everything else was crafted.

    healers have Group instant heal and Group health and Aura that already does what youre asking for. Though I agree that one more group heal would be nice. Im often running into this situation when I used all my heals on group and have no more,and have to spread arms and say to group "sorry,cant heal" . this is very apparent in Surtheim hunts especially. this is when I switch to offensive spells and debuffs to fill time in cooldowns. but when I think "healer",i see no dmg, only healing and support for group (that's what I want healer to be). but overall im satisfied with healer class.
    Last edited by Tilithia; September 15th, 2017 at 04:42 PM.
    Tempus fugit; aeternitas manet. ~Carpe Diem.~
    "Keep up the good work. It takes effort, but effort brings fulfillment."
    Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!

  17. #77

    Default Re: Talk to the Team: Healer

    Be sure you are using Aura of Health. It was greatly improved.

  18. #78

    Default Re: Talk to the Team: Healer

    Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    even after a few small changes made due to this thread. Healer still seemingly is only capable of healing 1 - 2 people properly. There aren't enough group abilities or spells. They should be capable of healing several people, Heals are still very weak and slow when you have large groups to heal. so in essence, you need several healers to get the job done right. This should not be the case. 1 healer should be all that is required for a group. But now groups go up to 20 people, Epics get stronger with nearly every patch... and a healer still only capable of properly healing 1 - 2 players at a time. Some creatures are not even regulated on how fast / often they can reuse their own spells. So we have epic bosses spamming certain attacks. Things need to be reconsidered.
    Just my personal opinion that epics aren't strong enough to reach that point yet, I still stand by the fact get enough dragons and a healer is useless (enough dragons usually isn't that many, 5 at most) with the exception of SoG, maybe falgut but i haven't killed falgut in an actually prepared group yet to say. It takes a LONG time with small groups tho because the devs only ever think +hp is the way to go, so groups are usually larger than that - further reducing the need for a healer. Surth somehow got easier with this new change too and surth's the only boss that previously I could argue this point for because old surth was a sturggle for a single healer to keep healing for alone, but i duod new surth as a healer with a dragon while i wasn't even paying full attention, previous surth if i didn't click a heal as soon as they recycled we'd usually fail lol - and more people than ever are soloing him.

    BUT, that said, if the devs ever decide to add any real difficulty, I 100% agree and healer would need a change for more & better heals - or rather, to allow actual group healing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    How about something useful, like fixing the Mace of Divine Intervention. Make it give off an aura heal, so anyone near the healer can pick up heals from the aura. Maybe allow it to use T6 recharge cells to keep it going. each spark off the aura would heal XX per person in range. Basically it's a aura that surrounds the healer, he floats in the air as if meditating. Anyone needing heals can move within range to get healed up by certain amounts, the longer he stands there, the more healing he gets. little flashes of arcing light shoot out and hit the nearby players in need of health. This would actually make the mace a useful tool again. Maybe lvl 100 required to use, T6 recharge cells to keep aura going. fades when cells run out. Right now?? it's about as useless as... well.. let just leave it at useless
    Only if the mace of divine intervention becomes obtainable again, right now it's a legacy item and it's not going to improve healer if 90% of healers don't have one.

    That said, if it was implemented again or a similar weapon in it's place with this buff....
    Aura-nice but we already have aura of health and i can't really think of any boss that does enough dps to need aura of health and the aura proposed here, so i suppose it may mean illustrious stand sees some more use (a little, because it only effects vs undead though). Though if bosses did do enough dps to warrant an active healer, i can see that'd be useful.
    Also would the heal conflcit with itself or not? Because two healers with two maces - if it conflicts, one mace is useless (but brings a potential opening for a second weapon, perhaps another epic if there's anything worthy that a healer can use, which off of my memory there isn't right now), if it doesn't conflict then the heal has to be set very carefully so bosses can still do decent damage even if you had a group theoretically consisting solely of healers.

    Longer he stands there the more healing he gets-i like this idea, though healers (nor anyone for that matter) don't have any reason to move in fights right now (even falgut, if the group is properly prepared no one should need to move), so it'll just keep getting stronger throughout the fight, depending on where the heal would cap that may just mean being a healer gets more and more boring as the need to use heals reduces as fight goes on, or if epics were actually difficult to kill it could mean it's actually useful and gives the healer a bit of relief. Though if we had any reason to move during the fight, even by force of the game (debuffs), perhaps it'd introduce some tactical play into the game?

    Also though - this is an item, not something the entire healer school gets to use, i'm not sure what my stance is on that but it's effectiveness at lifting healer as a whole is inherently limited by this factor, and also could be a huge fence for new healers who get disgruntled if they have to build an epic in order to be effective as healers. Would i suggest it to be a lv100 healer ability instead? not sure - it removes the barrier but also lifts healer up more than it needs to right now, and sets an expectation that all futre epics would have to abide by- that is, they'd all have to be tough enough to damage past this heal - especially as an ability it becomes trivial to use it (though at least it might mean healers would be required again) - unless the ability were regulated in some way, essentially an opportunity cost given to it's use which it could get through items as alternative weapons would need to be sacrificed (though right now there's basically no alternative weapons lol), or it could get through linking abilities together - though what to, i'm not sure.

    tl;dr - nothing is strong enough yet to warrant any boost to healer but we can dream.

  19. #79

    Default Re: Talk to the Team: Healer

    Healers Epic weapon is the Queen's Vertebrae. Not much point messing with the old mace, its obsolete and really not good for a healer anyway. Queen's epic weapon is far superior.

    It would be nice if the Dragon breezes didn't overwrite Aura of Health. It's a really nice heal now, and the breezes heal for less. Just 1 player in a group using it impacts the whole group. So it can be remedied by training your group members, but at the same time, for the longest time, it's been a good tactic for draggies to stay on top of keeping the breezes going in epic hunts. So allowing those to stack would help, and prevent a player from hurting a group hunts' chances.

    As far as a single healer being able to heal a full 20 player group, I think that is a stretch, and would likely be overpowered. There's nothing wrong with having a couple healers in a group that size, or even having certain difficult hunts benefit from there being 2 healers present even if the group is smaller.

  20. #80
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Right behind you when you're not looking!
    Posts
    145

    Default Re: Talk to the Team: Healer

    The new Cursed Misty Health Potion might be able to help with a healer's group healing kinda? :o
    Though it doesn't really "fix" healer itself, you could use it & have to focus less on healing others, just yourself (as you take 200-200 poison damage every 3 seconds while everyone else is healed for 100-100 every 3 seconds within 20 range).
    Probably sucks though if there are mobs like surtheim who can wipe you in 2 hits, then it's most likely more of a nuisance than a help. :/
    Light covers night, night fades, when it does, storms come. ~Storm Dragons
    Currently Getting Coppers, gaining Silver, making Gold, Pursuing Mithril!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •