Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Talk to the Team: Healer

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Healer

A lot of good arguments to read here. In my opinion it wouldn't hurt to give healers a life damage spell line and maybe something like a CoT. But don't make them too strong.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

I agree completely with the idea of life spell or spells given to the healer that do good damage to undead (perhaps with a minor yet pesky debuff), but not to anything else. I am somewhat skeptical about a lifebolt that would damage all foes equally. I think that kind of offense moves away from the philosophy behind the healer school, and would ultimately make the healer almost a "default first biped school!" Honestly, healer is already closer to that than I really like for anyone planning on having multiple adventure classes at 100.... And yes, for those about to object to my opinions, my main biped has 100 healer. It would be a royal pain to level as a solo first class all the way to 100 before multiclassing... but if you choose to do so, that's your own darn fault hehe. Raising one other class in step with healer isn't very hard, and eliminates most of the potential aggravation.

Reading through these responses it sounds like the majority of folks would like Healers to be more focused on Healing as well as perhaps debuff-mitigation. No need to add combat abilities as you can multi-school for that. Thanks for the feedback on this, folks. Definitely gives me some interesting ideas.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

For a healer to even really stand on their own does require generally 3 other lv 100 adventure schools. commonly used probly would be druid, spiritist and warrior. Warrior for both the needed health, armor use, shield and melee weapon skills. Spiritist fro the spirit and blight spells. Druid for the nature based spells. The mystic blaze i think could use a reduction in the recycle time. the other thing i mentioned previously is the masteries like healing master the 0 - 45. if a healer is really meant to just healing then the masteries i think should give a better bonus of like 10 to 45 increase. The healers defencsive buff is only effective against undead and since undead tech comp hunting was more or less removed the illustiious stand is no longer needed.

I like the idea of a life bolt, and life attack, but both probably should be availabe to cleric as well.

How about a thorns like buff that is castable on other players but instead of damaging the critter it heals the player its buffed with. Non masterable. Doesn't stack with other damage shields.

So what about the suggestions for an epic weapon for healer?

The mace of divine intervention is pretty weak. Hardly any stats, and an effect I am not sure actually works. The + Life could be bumped up quite a bit...
    Add to it the holy zeal effect from the priceless regal maces, maybe boost the effect some such as increase its chance to go off, and make sure the additional damage applies to spells:
    MaceofDivineInterventionVsPricelessMaceofZealVs.jpg
    Better version of the image above

The adamantium priceless maces have strength and dex on them, not power focus and life like they should.. No one is using a priceless mace for melee, it shouldn't have high melee type stats required for equipping. Demonstaff was already fixed for this issue years ago, used to require 900 2 hand crush. Why does a sorcerer need to have 900 2 hand crush to use a staff? It's the same deal for the mace. Priceless mace. 70-82 damage, 33 delay, +36 one hand crush, +60 strength, +60 dexterity. 1050 one hand crush skill required to use. For a healer? really?

There's other adamantium weapons which fill the one hand crush melee weapon role, the Warhammer.

"But healers should use the cudgel..." you might say. This would be more along the lines of a druid weapon. But it still has a high 1 hand crush skill requirement. gives +36 one hand crush, +60 power, +60 focus. At least the power and focus are right. but the 1hc isn't really going to be of any use to a healer, druid, or any other caster school. Give it +spirit + nature + blight in place of the 1hc. Or give it magic evasion like the Staff has in place of the melee weapon skill:

Here are my initial thoughts on this thread. Will make these for the next update as they are quick.

* Change Full Heal to 15 minutes
    * Change Group Instant Heal to 5 minutes
    * Lower Instant Heal (and Primal Instant Heal) to 2 minutes (Leaving Superior Heal as is because its WAY more powerful)
    * Lower Superior Rez to 5 minutes
    * Modify Aura of Health to boost health by 4, 5 and 6% respectively (its 2, 3.5 and 5 now), but also increase the number of pulses from 3 to 6 and 9 on Aura of Health 2 and 3.
    * Add Improved Mystic Blaze
    * Add Life Range spell technique

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Here are my initial thoughts on this thread. Will make these for the next update as they are quick.

* Change Full Heal to 15 minutes
    * Change Group Instant Heal to 5 minutes
    * Lower Instant Heal (and Primal Instant Heal) to 2 minutes (Leaving Superior Heal as is because its WAY more powerful)
    * Lower Superior Rez to 5 minutes
    * Modify Aura of Health to boost health by 4, 5 and 6% respectively (its 2, 3.5 and 5 now), but also increase the number of pulses from 3 to 6 and 9 on Aura of Health 2 and 3.
    * Add Improved Mystic Blaze
    * Add Life Range spell technique
    Wow, very nice. I'm glad the aura of health was improved, should be very helpful now. Love the change to Full Heal.

Any chance for some changes to Mace of Divine intervention? Or the priceless type cudgel/mace? Just switching the +2hc on the cudgel for something spellcaster/healer related would be nice.

/bow
    That is marvelous!

Edit: One more thought regarding the Aura of health. I think it is overwritten by dragon's Breezes and this might need reevaluation if the upper tiers of Aura are more powerful than the Quickening Breeze (or whatever the name is for the top breeze).
    On the other hand, it may as well be a non-issue that can be solved by the players themselves by educating the dragons around :)
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Shaweet! Those would be some good changes.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

very much appreciated- Thanks a lot!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Nice looking changes. Nice to finally have a revamped class I don't have. Look forward to adding it once they come live.

How are these changes working out for everyone? Have any further feedback on the Healer school?

love the changes!! I do have a suggestion . Can we please get an offensive life spell ( life bolt or life wave ) and a life damage tech ?

Quote Originally Posted by terrox View Post
    love the changes!! I do have a suggestion . Can we please get an offensive life spell ( life bolt or life wave ) and a life damage tech ?
    Don't really think either applies to Healer as damage would seem to be counter to the purpose of the school.

Don't really think either applies to Healer as damage would seem to be counter to the purpose of the school.
    then what about heal recycle IV and V? *crosses fingers*

I still think something that damages undead would be entirely fitting/appropriate to the life-giving school. Can't all living things have high resistance to life damage and undead not? Would help cleric and paladin schools, too.

ok what about the new cherubs song for Healer? the moment i saw it mentioned in the cleric thread i thought "its not much but it does seem highly fitting for the healer"

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    then what about heal recycle IV and V? *crosses fingers*
    Heal Recycle V would make Major Health, Health, and Minor health into repeaters... Recycle would be 0. The Tier4 versions with recycle 4 would be on 5 second recycles...

Healer itself doesn't really need anything offensive.

Those classes already exist, as different classes. Bloodmage, Spiritist, Cleric, Druid are all strong offensive schools that can use all the healing spells. Healer can use their spells... Bloodmage gets an additional heal and an additional group heal even.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Heal Recycle V would make Major Health, Health, and Minor health into repeaters... Recycle would be 0. The Tier4 versions with recycle 4 would be on 5 second recycles...

Healer itself doesn't really need anything offensive.
    1. I know this :D

2. We'll have to agree to disagree i think it needs just a little help

Thread Information