Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Public Silos

Default Re: Public Silos

Also realize; that wether the devs actually do something or not.

They can't tell you what they do and do not do regardless. For all you know they tracked them, sent them warnings, whatever.

They can't tell you what they did. That's just how it works. You report it and they do what htey do. But it is not for you or I to be allowed access to that information or even that they did anything at all.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    Custom labels and public access logs might help provide some distinction between the two motives, and perhaps discourage the former; though the tech for that would be a long way off, in fact, I'm not sure if it's feasible (or a good idea). Nonetheless, if there's strong interest, I can try to get internal traction on the idea, or some other alternative.
    Custom labels would be great.
    I was not a victim of the silo theft, but I had some stuff in open silos (and consigners, one of them now closed... May that's gone? Will see) lying round.
    I don't know if custom labels would help against theft. But they would make coordination of players much easier.

I had one incident where I thought that nobody was working on the spot where I was, and felt free to use the silos to my needs (which ended with me filling 3 of 4 silos, because producing the stuff made much more fun than transporting it ), and someday I got somebody complaining about me taking up too much space... I already cleaned the silos then, but obviously he was doing work on the same spot at the same time without me noticing... was kind of a bad feeling. The stuff was done on one of my alts, which logged out from time to time with my main still being online, so he could have contacted me earlier maybe or even through the forums, if I could have labled something (silo or resource) to let people know how to contact me...
    Also sometimes the crafter goes missing on the resources or sometimes people store unprocessed stuff in silos... What to do then? You just work there for some days and see that the silo is stuffed with that crap and don't know whom to contact... some label with a name (and / or contact information, ingame mail is still a no go, right? ) would really be helpful.

And yes, I admit, I leave stuff in open silos over night. Sometimes it just is no fun hauling all that stuff from one place to the other... if there is a consigner, I'll try to fill that up, before I leave something in the silos, though.

Anyway. I hope people will get over this and silos will be opening up again. Even if it is a gamble... why do you guys take the risk? Because it is well worth it. It eases things soooooo much.

Just my 2 cents.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Also, for what it's worth, I'll sometimes throw my stuff into the same silo that someone else is using. The trick is noting down how much you put in, so you know how much to take out.

Well... and finding a conveniently located silo with the same item stack as the stuff you want to store.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    Also, for what it's worth, I'll sometimes throw my stuff into the same silo that someone else is using. The trick is noting down how much you put in, so you know how much to take out.

Well... and finding a conveniently located silo with the same item stack as the stuff you want to store.
    Exactly. I've seen all kinds of creative ways to 'nicely' use a public silo.
    It's such a shame when this happens because this is a community based game. If everything was shut down, locked up etc it would make the game ridiculously difficult and to me, not worth playing.
    It is a joy to own a high traffic plot that is so needed for the convenience of nearby resources and a definite thing of pride to see players pool together to rebuild the lost resources for the wronged party because of what we are. A very small and tight-knit community.

i've gone out and gathered resources, filled silos with mithril bars, and while out gaterhing more, returned to find a silo or 2 emptied. now this is my own plot. so now as i use my silos, i also lock them down.

note: leaving others unable to use most of the silos on my plot. this has happened 2 times so far, so now 10 of my 14 silos are locked until i complete what i am doing. sorry to those of you that need my silos. but since there is a thief running around, i need to lock what i have. i am in the process of planning a renovation, and will be adding more silos, but for now, other must suffer because of one (or possibly a few) bad seeds.

some new silos are in progress of being built, so as to allow others some extra silos till i renovate my newly enlarged plot.

i am wondering why isent there a way to see who last open that silo to know who took it ? its be nice to find out who is doing this its not fun when u spend hr's hr's gather and making bars.bricks .orbs or lair parts and come back a few min latter and find them gone can it be done ?
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

Thread Information