Thread: SO, is it worth coming back?

Default SO, is it worth coming back?

Greetings everyone,

I don't know how many of you, if indeed any of you remember me. Ive played this game on and off since it was launched many moons ago and i was on the old EU shards before the original shard mergers etc etc.

Chars you may know:

Bloodzone (fiend)
    Firatic (dragon)

anyway the abovbe is irelivant: What i really want to know is, is it worth coming back to HZ? I tire of wow and its grind fest for rep and instances and the like, and used to love horizons/istaria back in the day.

Whats the game like at the moment?

Are there many regular players to play with?

Does the game run well on 7? i remember so many issues with Vista the last time i played (part of the reason i left)

is the game stable? By this i mean are there still many issues with crashes, dc's, memory leaks and the like?

Hope someone can help me,

Regards

Tony
    Bloodzone (Fiend)
    Firatic (Draggy)
    Both members of Crimson Dawn (chaos server)
    =)

Default Re: SO, is it worth coming back?

In my opinion the game is in very good shape, speaking of content and players and so on... at least I'm very happy on order.

Win 7 is no issue for me. I had one issue in Vista, which I needed to fix with copying dlls around, don't know if there were additional issues, that did not hit me. But with Win 7 Istaria (not HZ anymore ) runs fine.

I experience crashes some times, but only after hours of playtime with much porting and not regularly. Others are having more issues, it seems... there is a new client release planned, and as far as I understand it's already on blight and they encourage you to try it on the live servers, also. (With disabling patching in the new launcher, which is neat also. )

I returned to the game two months ago, or so, and it has been a every pleasant experience for me, so far.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

SO, is it worth coming back?
    In my opinion, yes, absolutely. The game has improved in a variety of ways since the current owners got it. Come check out what has changed. :-)

Thanks for the replies guys, Other than the free to play human race, is there any free trial for existing players wanting to come back and try thier old characters for a few days maybe?
    Bloodzone (Fiend)
    Firatic (Draggy)
    =)

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    In my opinion, yes, absolutely. The game has improved in a variety of ways since the current owners got it. Come check out what has changed. :-)
    Also i did play it under the current owners, I think (Vitrium or smth like that) and i was still experiencing random lag and crashes to desktop and memory leaks when porting around
    Bloodzone (Fiend)
    Firatic (Draggy)
    =)

The only way to find out if it is worth to come back is to try.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodzone View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys, Other than the free to play human race, is there any free trial for existing players wanting to come back and try thier old characters for a few days maybe?

there is the 14 day trial for payable accounts, not sure whether this is only new ones or also returning players

If you submit a support ticket we should be able to help you out and give you a 14-day trial for your account.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    If you submit a support ticket we should be able to help you out and give you a 14-day trial for your account.
    Amon,

Thanks, I posted a Ticket on the support section, but afterwards the site displayed "no tickets open" or something like that and it doesnt show that I have any open tickets.

Thanks
    Bloodzone (Fiend)
    Firatic (Draggy)
    =)

Blood: if you send a ticket-you have to confirm it TWICE.

Write ticket-send away-get a new site- send away again.

We all ran into that trap.

So I hope to see you ingame soon-
    lots of vet players still there.
    But-oh- all that amazing new things: Dungeons, landscapes, mobs, spells, armor/scales.. I cant`t tell it all.

Like Sigi says: Come in and see yourself.
    You will love it!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Thread Information