Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Resouce Distance Glitch

Angry Resouce Distance Glitch

(Resource Distance Glitch)
    I have noticed in the last few months that people are mining at plots. At first I was thinking how is this possible? I have since learned that people are camping for Mother Loads and then filling silos. This to me is "Cheating", I do not support this and many of my friends agree. Something has to be done to fix this.

I have noticed a change in the resources lately. Sometimes I will be in the field picking away and all of a sudden all the resources cycle. I'm not really sure why this happens but, I am thinking since the Devs have done this then this is why the (Resource Distance Glitch) was done. My thinking is if you were at a node picking away and they recycled then you would no longer be able to hit the node unless you moved.

My question is: Is there no way to fix this Resource Distance Glitch? It's really not fair that some of us have worked so hard to build or level crafts the right way and now people are taking advantage of this which I feel is an exploite!!!
    -Kor

Default Re: Resouce Distance Glitch

Thanks for bringing this up. The ability to harvest a resource from near anywhere is a side effect of an experimental change that I think we all forgot about. It's about time that this experiment come to an end.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Aww crumblies, I guess that means it gets harder to dodge the golems again. ;-)

hehe. This is nothing new, on going glitch for almost a year now?

I can safely say i've enjoyed this glitch since I came back 9 months ago..

Would be pretty sweet if it sticks around

hahaha. Fixed is good too.

Edit: Fixed is probably better... Its getting out of hand. hahaha

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

Anyone quiting over this glich? No.... nothing to see here move along.
    I for one am sticking around more or atleast crafting more. I say leave it

If it is a glitch that allow the player to gather X resource when they are not in the field and just standing at the the resource then yes this glitch IMO needs to be fixed i agree that is a exploit by doing that and im against using exploits

From another explaining this glitch thing a little better to me sounded like it was a major glitch aka gathering from a node from a plot a good distance away but if its just a minor distance detention may not seem as bad unless it gets worse

Currently there seems to be no distance check attached to gathering at all... I once recalled from a ressource and after I reappeared, my char continued to gather ressources in a completely different area of the game.. this was very akward.

I'd like to see a little more distance allowed for ongoing gathering than for the start of the gathering, though. That still is necessary for fishing and helps big time to avoid golems. Of course it should only be a few meters...
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Yes people are binding to their plot shrine, then hitting a ML then recalling and opening silo and filling it up. I have seen this so much and it is an Exploit. There needs to be a fix to limit the distance to a few meters and recalling or porting stopping the action!

Thank you to all that support this. And for those of you who want to keep it, quit being lazy and earn the right of GMC or building your plots up.

Quote Originally Posted by starlight View Post
    If it is a glitch that allow the player to gather X resource when they are not in the field and just standing at the the resource then yes this glitch IMO needs to be fixed i agree that is a exploit by doing that and im against using exploits
    Couldn't agree more.
    Obsessed crafter of Chaos.

Willing to bet that this bug will get fixed before any of the other long standing bugs. Some of us like to move off to the side away from golems and harvest the resource without being pestered.
    cheers

I can safely say i've enjoyed this glitch since I came back 9 months ago..
    Anyone quiting over this glich? No.... nothing to see here move along.
    I for one am sticking around more or atleast crafting more. I say leave it
    Willing to bet that this bug will get fixed before any of the other long standing bugs. Some of us like to move off to the side away from golems and harvest the resource without being pestered.

Pretty disgusting attitudes being displayed here.

Please fix this exploit ASAP and deal with the exploiters appropriately.

PROHIBITED CONDUCT
    PLAYERS MAY NOT:

5. Use or exploit any bugs, design errors or problems in the System or Game or communicate the existence of any such exploitable items, either directly or through public posting, to any other user of the System or Game. Exploits include, but are by no means limited to, those behaviors which allow a character to remain either out of potential combat range, or invisible to mobs, while actively in game. Any such problems, errors or bugs should be promptly reported via the support website at https://support.istaria.com. Failure to report such bugs, errors or problems in order to continue to exploit the system will result in immediate suspension of the player's account pending closer investigation of the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortura View Post
    Pretty disgusting attitudes being displayed here.

Please fix this exploit ASAP and deal with the exploiters appropriately.
    Oooh no.. This is a disgusting attitude to have..

The devs have long known about this glitch for sometime. If anyone is "Dealt with" like you say, it would be well over 100 players... Keep that in mind

This biggest problem is this thread.
    Since this thread has been posted, I'm seeing everyone exploit the glitch all over istaria...

So the most hilarious part is; "the thread to stop it all" - Was infact the spark, that ignited the fire..

hahahahahaha!

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

Hey, read the second post. This is not a glitch or a bug, but a purposefully introduced feature that was forgotten about. A large part of any MMO is finding the little tricks that were put into the game and using them to make things go by faster or easier. Believe it or not, but using the distance 'glitch' does not greatly speed up level grinding, but simply reduces the attention needed and makes a very boring task bearable.

But thank you for bringing it to everybody's attention and making a big fuss over it. Now you've got people utilizing it who would not have known, motherlodes will disappear much faster now as multiple people hack on them at once, and it will all even out now. And the people who quietly used the feature to lessen the grind are now upset. Good work!
    Ssilmath Torshak, Paladin of the Lost, Shaman of the Damned, Master Armorsmith

My other "crack would be cheaper" hobby
    http://ssilmath.deviantart.com/

What's the difference in mining using the "gathering bug", and having 2-3 characters logged on at the same time mining for you? (either paid or free accounts)

Actually at this point, I would like to see a Dev pop in here and comment on where they stand on this issue.
    I personally believe that 1) If it were such an issue, the Devs would post a comment about it stating that it is indeed an exploit and people will be dealt with.
    And 2) if that be the case, they would fix it after all this time.

Seems to me it has become common place after all this time.
    And I will state that one person commenting in this thread that is against doing this- is in fact the person who showed me how to do it.----

Just to clarify, the ability to harvest from nodes well away from the node isn't an intended ability, and the fact that it has existed this long doesn't mean it's not going to get fixed. (We're working on that.)

I'll let someone else make a statement about whether or not using the technique described in the OP is an actionable offense.

My advice, however, is to avoid harvesting from nodes from obscene distances, and, more importantly, don't start a witch hunt looking for people who are. Nothing good will come from that.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Yeah.. that's the "Only what I do is correct"-attitude speaking which I dislike so much and which is so common on RP people, sadly...
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

personally i see so many more important bugs that need to be fixed, than something like this. some ppl need to get priorities straight. and if it come to being an offense to be dealt with? well, you could say good bye to 1/2 the paying customers (or more) that use it. what about all the inconveniences of the bugs that keep us from doing other things in the game? i think this could only be a nice way of saying thank you for all those that deal with bugs that have been here since the beginning of time, yet to be fixed. and all the newly introduced bugs that hinder the way of some.

there are way more important things that need to be dealt with, then something so trivial as this.

move on

I do not think it trivial that someone can gather from the other side of the world. Within a couple hundred m, stretching it, but after recalling? That should end any gathering in process.

Indeed awdz, I would have thought the act of recalling or teleporting would have stopped a repeatable action such as harvesting, thus solving the biggest exploit of this bug.

Edit: Deleted rest of post because all it's going to do is annoy some people and arguing on a forum is pointless.
    Last edited by Kelsaka; April 22nd, 2012 at 09:45 AM.
    Obsessed crafter of Chaos.

Thread Information