Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DEVS! What is going on!!

Default Re: DEVS! What is going on!!

So, its better for new players to be greeted by a totally empty town when they leave the tutorial isle.......empty, barren, no one around. OK then, at least we are clear on that now. I for one wont make the mistake of sitting there any more then, as it's obviously not the "done thing".

Quote Originally Posted by Tamianth View Post
    So, its better for new players to be greeted by a totally empty town when they leave the tutorial isle.......empty, barren, no one around. OK then, at least we are clear on that now. I for one wont make the mistake of sitting there any more then, as it's obviously not the "done thing".
    There should be no way for players to reach New Brommel from Spirit Isle or Skalkaar. Both portals should lead only to New Trismus.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Tamianth View Post
    You mean besides Pratt and other players actually playing?

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'd expect to see... But that's just me.

But let's be honest, that's not why people sit there. It, at some point, became the place to sit and RP. And if you want to talk about people's windows being filled by things that aren't needed.. trying to read a quest script or reward when people are chatting out loud.. same difference.

At least when it was Pratt he would talk about the game.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    There should be no way for players to reach New Brommel from Spirit Isle or Skalkaar. Both portals should lead only to New Trismus.
    I was referring to new tris, Amon

sooo again they say pratt is better than players.......do those that like pratt remember one of the top reason this game is special is the small close nit community....if you want npc interact go play everquest 2 got all the npcs to talk voice with. ill stay with the real players :P

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    sooo again they say pratt is better than players.......do those that like pratt remember one of the top reason this game is special is the small close nit community....if you want npc interact go play everquest 2 got all the npcs to talk voice with. ill stay with the real players :P
    Nobody said they didn't like players.

But when players ignore newbies trying to pick their way around 10 adult dragons and hatchlings sitting around in front of structures then their presence there isn't about the community.

My thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mensar View Post
    Nobody said they didn't like players.

But when players ignore newbies trying to pick their way around 10 adult dragons and hatchlings sitting around in front of structures then their presence there isn't about the community.

My thoughts.
    When I first started the game (about 3 or so months ago), I for one was pleasantly surprised to see how populated the NT area was. I didn't mind that they were RPing or doing their own thing - it's much nicer (imo) than seeing a bunch of silent afkers sitting around all day. Several people even took the time to chat with me a bit.

I can't speak for all new players, but seeing community activity like that is always an uplifting thing to witness when you first start playing an mmo - especially one with a relatively small community.

Now if only I had the time to start playing again...
    Seilan Moonside (Gnome, Chaos Server)

Future Reaver

Quote Originally Posted by Seilan Moonside View Post
    When I first started the game (about 3 or so months ago), I for one was pleasantly surprised to see how populated the NT area was. I didn't mind that they were RPing or doing their own thing - it's much nicer (imo) than seeing a bunch of silent afkers sitting around all day. Several people even took the time to chat with me a bit.

I can't speak for all new players, but seeing community activity like that is always an uplifting thing to witness when you first start playing an mmo - especially one with a relatively small community.

Now if only I had the time to start playing again...
    I stand corrected

If people are offering help than this is truly a good thing. I take what I said back then. I can only go by my experiences and a friend's experience that recently started the game.

Disregard!

mensar are you order or chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    mensar are you order or chaos
    he's bringing chaos on order

joking ofc
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    he's bringing chaos on order

joking ofc
    har har har

*poke

I'm on order. You guys have a lot of RPing going on in NT also? It must just be the place to hang out I guess.

Italy... or anywhere that has pencils and paper

On chaos people just hang out in nt... And there are random conversations on often. But yes it can be full of people crowding especially on the evenings.
    I wish people also hanged in towns like Tazzoon. It would be nice, since Tazzoon is the town that bipeds and dragons built together.
    Astair Brightscale, chaos shard - seasoned dragon, expert dragon crafter and beginner lairshaper

my deviantart!

* Sits down and puts on a thinking face *

Actually I think the game would look cool if the NPC's where aloud to walk about, as in they don't wonder about but walk from one spot to the other spot. Or interact with the players, such as 'waving hello or asking having a good day etc' Like Pratt use to. To just give the cities a bit of life.
    But that's just what i am thinking of. And just add a random one in too, but what about adding wildlife to istaria, making it look more alike or more full of life. Example, having birds chirping and flying about, fish swimming about in the water ponds or the ocean, animals wondering about same with insects.. Where you can add the folders, that allow you to experience the life like nature....

(( And sorry, but please don't put anything on here about choas, sorry but when people talk about choas,
    * shakes head * It just brings back hurtful memories that just hurt me deep inside. I know, I'm sorry. ))
    Last edited by Alphiner; June 12th, 2012 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Adding something in.
    Rawr!???

Pratt was annoying with his constant chatter and moving around he used to offer a quest but at least stand still and be quiet rather then chatter and greet the other npc's all the time.

Lillyjo, chaos server

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyjo View Post
    Pratt was annoying with his constant chatter and moving around he used to offer a quest but at least stand still and be quiet rather then chatter and greet the other npc's all the time.

Lillyjo, chaos server
    How is this different than all the Dragons sitting in NT carrying on their annoying and constant chatter greeting players as they come into NT?

So I say again - you would rather new players are greeted with a totally silent, empty town of New Trismus, when they arrive from the training isles, letting them believe this game is empty of other players? Is it so "annoying" to offer advice and help to newbies, or better to just let them believe the game is dead.............

God forbid that the presence of other players and their "annoying chatter" should welcome newbies into the game :/

I thought that there were posts calling for volunteers to man NT to help new players. The search function is not the best, but one may find it if interested. Not a terrible idea and as long as they are there to help, it seems only logical for them to chat it up a bit.

I support the idea of people being at NT and chatting there. New/returning players need to see other players there and to be welcomed and greeted.

YOU told me to play a dragon!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

all i can contribute to this particular convo is this:
    in service of my blog, i created a hatchie on chaos. i did skalkaar island and emerged in nt.

as soon as i hit the middle of town, my chat log started blowing up with peeps screaming at each other about dragon haters and rp haters and just haters in general. there was no quests being done, no greeting of new players (i did not reveal myself as velveeta), no friendliness to be had. if i hadn't already been a player on the other shards, i would have been turned off immediately, prolly left and never come back.

for me, chaos is just that, a lot of chaos. i did meet one (just one) player who was as friendly as i had come to expect from horizons players. based on my recent experiences, i will not be playing much on chaos after i finish with soknot's training quests.

i wonder, with sadness and regret, how many would be faithful players of istaria have been forced away from the game due to this. it is not at all a good impression to leave on players who would have been oldtimers like me...........

if you don't believe me, i can provide links to the screenies.........
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thread Information