Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game Client Update (Version 384.38)

Default Re: Game Client Update (Version 384.38)

Quote Originally Posted by cauri_order View Post
    Numeric fields still aren't sorting properly in the Character window.
    I've passed this along to the developers with a specific list of columns that were broken. They've found the fields that were not setup proper and a fix will be released with the next update.

As always, the best way to report a bug is to contact us directly through https://support.istaria.com This allows us the test and clarify instructions for the developers, then they can work on fixes.

Yfelvik
    - Istaria Customer Support

For anyone having trouble with their graphics, they should reset back to defaults, then adjust from there (either up or down). From Options -> "Video tab" you can pull in your view distance, turn off object fading, and adjust shadow level. We'd greatly appreciate you submitting a support ticket with what works for you because we can keep track of details from reports we receive and suggest to the devs a change in defaults.

Instructions for resetting graphics settings (do not reset your character prefs) can be found in this knowledge base article.

The support system can be found at https://support.istaria.com

Yfelvik
    - Istaria Customer Support

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing_Duck View Post
    I get the same issue as do Pyretta, and Silang. keep being told it`s my graphics card, but obviously it`s NOT. I never had this problem till the new client was released.
    It seems to get ever so mildly better if I turn ALL my graphics in game options to the bare minimum, but any city with buildings/plots and resource fields crash my graphics, and make my screen wacky, and freezes my computer to make force shutdown.
    Here`s a screenie of what I see, is this same as what you`re seeing too?

*cut pic out *
    Yep, that is exactly that I see, but cant do a screenshot cause my comp freezes too fast. I even updated my graphics card to see it that would help but it did not. Turned off shadow too with no change.

thanks

and thanks too Merrik. Will try anything at this point.
    I think this update needs to be removed and fixed before applying again. No one had any problem when it was on Blight? :/

Last edited by Image; May 3rd, 2012 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yfelvik View Post
    I've passed this along to the developers with a specific list of columns that were broken. They've found the fields that were not setup proper and a fix will be released with the next update.
    This is excellent news.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Quote Originally Posted by R`aven Sky`Dash View Post
    Sort of fixed the window thing I think. I had to place and set all the settings for the mentioned windows and leave them all open when I logged out once. For the moment that seems to have solved it. Logged in and out 3 times and everything seems to be holding.

scratch that...they went back to defaults today for no apparent reason.
    A dark shadow in the night skies...

Just applied today's patch. All is well now with the windows.

Knossos

YEAH! it worked! resetting the graphic default fixed all my problems. NO more darkness, no more crazy color and mostly no more computer freeze on tports.
    Thank you. }:=) *does a happy dance*
    Tported to several cities to test and all is well, though I noticed that I seem to arrive a few feet above the pad. I get a loud POOF as I "land". Now no comment, I am an ancient dragoness after all. };=P
    Also my scale marking remains fuzzy even when I zoom in really close. Used to get clear before.

With today's update - skill window sorts correctly. The schools tab still needs a fix;the sort is off
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

i appreciate that now my inventory and disk window are saved as open, the way i wan. but there's still the issue that other windows will not save their size/position. IE: invetory reverts to default size along with silos opening up very large also. this causes problems with my arranged vault, staying arranged. i log in one time to find everything in order. relog later to find everything strewn all over and i can not find a thing, till i sit spending an hour reorganizing my entire vault.

please see about fixing the sizing issue, as it always reverts back to default, instead of saving it's current setting

thank you

Im with Merrik here...even after the repatch for windows I am still having problems with a bunch of the windows not holding size/positions. Same bunch as I have mentioned before. I did try resetting all the prefs through the patcher (full scan & cleared cache also), and rebuilding my UI from the bottom up to no avail. deleted my entire pref folder once and redid the UI with the same result. Normally I use the javalauncherII.jar with no issues...so i tried the normal jlauncher.exe also. no luck there either.
    A dark shadow in the night skies...

Quote Originally Posted by Hoberton View Post
    I am running the game with Vista, others running with Win7, I still do not get the 3D model or icon or display of weapons and tools. Players have told me that the ones with Win7 get the same thing. I would love to be able to make different styles of weapons in the creation window but I can not see what I am creating. This has been a problem for a very long time (years). Please fix this.
    Have to go with this one needing work.. i have seen many unnecessary changes being made, but what i'm not seeing, are very old problems being addressed. can anyone enlighten us as to why? now running win 7 on 2 new computers and still cannot use the ability to customize weapons as i'd like. since the preview window does not display them. i would need someone running XP so they could tell me which layout looks like what.. or resetup an old computer with xp just to customize a weapon.

also there's still no weapon/tool previews on items when moused over. i can no longer see what the tools look like, or weapons. from my own inventory, or from linked items in chats. please, spend some time on things that have been neglected for so long..

Thank you

*sigh* disregard last post... its not working. Back to crazy blocks of colors and computer freeze as soon as I port to Kion. Will send in a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Image View Post
    *sigh* disregard last post... its not working. Back to crazy blocks of colors and computer freeze as soon as I port to Kion. Will send in a ticket.
    sorry you are having such a hard time. i'm out of ideas, less one. try backing up your hotkeys from the prefs folder, and deleting all prefs. then relog and see who it goes with rfesh start. if all is well, then save/exit and copy your hotkey prefs back. worth a try if you haven't already done that
    BTW: what card are you using, if Intel, it's not well supported for this game. might want to try a Nvidia or AMD (ATI)
    good luck

I am also having problems with my windows resetting (silos, etc.) to a large size. I resize one, close it, leave the area and come back and it's large again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

I have found a similar problem. Not with windows I keep open all the time (most minimized), but with dynamic ones that I close after use. Group window showing everyone's health I have to keep resizing, and possibly more annoying is having to change the window properties to the see-through background I prefer.

"Objects will now be faded into the scene instead of popping"

I really love this effect.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Merrik View Post
    sorry you are having such a hard time. i'm out of ideas, less one. try backing up your hotkeys from the prefs folder, and deleting all prefs. then relog and see who it goes with rfesh start. if all is well, then save/exit and copy your hotkey prefs back. worth a try if you haven't already done that
    BTW: what card are you using, if Intel, it's not well supported for this game. might want to try a Nvidia or AMD (ATI)
    good luck
    I tried the reset graphic again. it lets me in for a little while but crashes and same problem starts over, so basically not been able to play since Wednesday. 2 accounts and cant play. I have NVidia with latest drivers installed. Resetting keys, be horrible.. I have a biped that has like +10 adv school with each their own set of keys. Waiting on reply to my ticket before I try anything else. Right now I just wish I could go back to last version so I could at least play. Lets just say that any futures update I will wait till many many weeks passes before I install it. thanks for trying.

Thread Information