Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UI Issues

Default UI Issues

New patch issues: all resources now have to be targetted at ground lvl, IE: cows feet, tree's roots, so on... all act like they are metal or stone nodes.

next: a major issue. /saveui says prefs saved, yet you relog and all prefs, IE: window sizes, open cargo disk windows and open inventory windows, all closed upon relogging. windows resized winds prefs restting to default after relog. 2 possible causes for this are:

A: /saveui or exiting to save prefs is not properly saving.

B: saved prefs are not being loaded by the game

i always keep inventory and cargo disk windows open at all times. now when i relog i have to reopen wich causes 2 other problems.

1: i hit "I" for inventory and i get cargo disk instead, i need to close that window and hit "I" again to get inventory.

2: it resets all windows to same size as my inventory or cargo disk window, when opening silos, pouches or other various windows, causing them to appear on top of inventory or cargo disk window, instead of where i originally saved them

please fix the use of saved prefs file

Thumbs down Re: Current Bugs: Spring 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Merrik View Post
    /saveui says prefs saved, yet you relog and all prefs, IE: window sizes, open cargo disk windows and open inventory windows, all closed upon relogging.
    [This reply may be replaced with a dev response, but in the interim...]

Quote from latest client details:

"Inventory/Character windows will now automatically be closed at start-up to improve load times and prevent occassional log-in trouble."

Unfortunately I too, and many others, find this extremely annoying, even upsetting, but what's done is done.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Default Re: Current Bugs: Spring 2012

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    [This reply may be replaced with a dev response, but in the interim...]

Quote from latest client details:

"Inventory/Character windows will now automatically be closed at start-up to improve load times and prevent occassional log-in trouble."

Unfortunately I too, and many others, find this extremely annoying, even upsetting, but what's done is done.
    closing is one thing, resetting all windows to default is another, prefs are not saved. this applies to any window opened, no matter what position, length/height or otherwise you set, it resets to default when relogging.

again UI is not being used properly to save other window setting preferences. and pressing I should not open my cargo disk, no matter what windows were closed. i have to close it and press i again to get inventory. and now all windows opened after match inventory windown and stack over it.

I also use to have the cargo disk window open at all times and It is very annoying indeed to have them close.
    Also the UI not saving inventory/cargo/vault windows positions and sizes is even more annoying.
    Why this auto-closure of windows was not implemented as a checkbox?
    Or is it something that can be done at client side to disable it?
    Last edited by Northwind; May 2nd, 2012 at 06:15 AM.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Perhaps a possibility for player to disable this "fix" at player's risk? I have not in nearly 8 years of gameplay had a "log on issue" as bad as this. Any lod time reduction afforded by this "fix" is small compared to the time taken at each login to redo my GUI.

Knossos

Default Re: UI Issues

I suggested this to be changed or made optional already (somewhere in the blight forum, tested this on blight already)... they just said no.

The "I opens cargo disc" issue was introduced with a "fix" to make that not as bad as it was... but I'm not sure if it really made it better... it's acting a bit strange now.
    On logon every press of I opens a new window for the cargo disc. If I press "I" two times, close the second cargo disc window and press "I" again I get my inventory opened. Both cargo disc window and inventory window are on the place I closed them. So it's not that bad... but the behaviour is VERY unintuitive.
    And still it remains the issue that all new containers are opened at cargo disc size & position.

I can't reproduce the problem with other windows not remembering their size, though.

BTW: NEVER try the "lock window" option on the cargo disc window with the current client... I did this in hope the window would stay and logged out. The next day I forgot what I did and it took me like an hour or so to figure out why the hell I can't move or resize any inventory windows and why the hell they are all overlapping each other and what is going wrong... every new window was locked... was very annoying.

I still really hope this will go away... or they make a button to restore inventory settings after load or wathever. This is still annoying after using the new client for a few weeks.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Just adding my voice. Having the same problem with windows not saving.

On log in, "I" opens multiple cargo disk windows which I have to keep closing. Eventually I get my inventory, which I am now leaving open on auto-hide once it's open because of this. I used to always close it and use "I" to open it. This is now also causing the annoyance that I keep hitting "I" without thinking when I want to see my inventory. Then have to reopen it again.

All other windows...npc dialog, storage, etc., all keep reverting back to center screen and too large. If I reopen them immediately they're saved, if I wait a couple minutes and reopen, they've reverted. I've only been playing a couple of months but I'm a creature of habit and am finding this very disconcerting. I can only imagine the annoyance for people who have had their UIs a certain way for years.

Due to knowing I have to reopen and reconfigure my inventory windows, my interest in logging in has decreased.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

"Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post

Tried that numerous times and no joy. Perhaps I did something wrong...

Knossos

yep scratch that i guess...it was workin for me yesterday on mulitple relogs. then when i logged in today they had gone back to their defaults for whatever reason. always the same windows. inventory, vault, char, formula book, map, equipment, and i found today trade windows (consigner) had all gone back to a default. no idea why my chat windows, target window, buff window and hotkeybars all stay proper. the chat windows and such were always locked in place...while the inv/char windows never were.

i dunno...thats the only difference tween the 2 groups on my end. i could try wiping the ui clean and rebuilding it.

additionally...locking them into place now has no effect, they still go back to defaults.
    Last edited by R`aven Sky`Dash; May 3rd, 2012 at 09:13 PM.
    A dark shadow in the night skies...

A patch for the window positions was released today, May 3, 2012.

If you're still having trouble after patching (or do a full scan for force patching), please let us know through support site.

Although it's unlikely the source of the trouble, if you're starting Istaria without proper administrative privilege, Istaria can't save your prefs. You short cut to Istaria should point to jlauncher.exe

Yfelvik
    - Istaria Customer Support

After applying today's patch, all is well with the windows, many thanks.

Knossos

Windows left open when logging out will not be automatically closed (original behavior)
    Wonderful, thank you!
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Quote Originally Posted by Yfelvik View Post
    A patch for the window positions was released today, May 3, 2012.

If you're still having trouble after patching (or do a full scan for force patching), please let us know through support site.

Although it's unlikely the source of the trouble, if you're starting Istaria without proper administrative privilege, Istaria can't save your prefs. You short cut to Istaria should point to jlauncher.exe

Yfelvik
    this might be ok for most players, but no one has yet to resolve why jlauncher.exe will not run on some ppl's computers (mine included) even afetr i filed a ticket, and devs contaced me about letting them have access to check out the probel, i have never heard anytihng back on what they did/didn't find out.

now i can run any jlauncher.exe from my xp machine, but not from either of my 2 windows 7 machines. finally i accepted i would get no repsonse and closed the ticket. for now i have to be content with an older version of jlauncher.exe that i had to rename so it doesn't update.

but either way the fix didn't hold for more than a day or so on anyone's computer that i know personally. all reverted back to unsaved windows the following day. the UI is not saving. open and reposition windows to have them reset everytime i even recall, or teleport.

I did a full reinstall today, tryin to get windows to save their positions. no addons or anything editted. And still the same bunch of windows want to reset themselves. /saveui doesnt seem to help either.

Quote Originally Posted by R`aven Sky`Dash View Post
    I did a full reinstall today, tryin to get windows to save their positions. no addons or anything editted. And still the same bunch of windows want to reset themselves. /saveui doesnt seem to help either.
    agree, this problem has not been resolved and is very annoying. please don't blame players admin rights when running the game, as it's apparent that this only started "after" you change the way it loads/saves UI in this latest patch. i'm pretty sure no one has changed their admin rights in the past 2 weeks. so it still falls back onto your patching issue with windows not saving size. i even reverted back to an older client and re-updated to no avail. since the new save doen't include saving the windows you have recently opened. the saved prefs fils aren't even close to being similar to the one i had before this patch.

please reverse what you have done to the /saveui command, and exit saving protocols

I just did a test on Blight, Chaos and Order by running a full scan patch. Each time I logged in and opened my inventory and vault windows, I was able to re-log and the windows loaded. I performed a full scan patch by following these instructions.

If you're still having trouble after the full patching, then...
    1. Make sure that you don't have a copy of UIInventoryWindow.def in your resources_override folder

2. Investigate your version of UIInventoryWindow.def:
    \resources\interface\themes\default\defs\UIInvento ryWindow.def

At the very end of that file, are two sections:
    * UI_WINDOWDEF InventoryWindow
    * UI_WINDOWDEF VaultWindow

Both of those should have an entry that reads:
    bool SaveOpened = true

If you're missing those entries, then you know there's some sort of problem with the patcher updating that file. You can check if the file is marked read only and set to not read only or delete the file and run a full scan patch (as linked above).

The launcher must be run with administrative rights in order for the launcher to patch files located at c:\program files\istaria - without Administrative rights, patching won't work. This is part of Windows Vista and Windows 7 security features to ensure that rogue programs can't update your Program Files folder.

As always, support is available at https://support.istaria.com

Yfelvik
    (and thanks to devs for assisting with details)

First off, thx for respondin to this and looking into it there Yfelvik...but I think there is some confusion here. The problem I am havin is NOT with the inventory nor the vault window...if left open on loggout, they stay open on login. It is the windows that I do not keep open on logout, such as the Char window, Formula book, Quest window, map and stuff like trade windows. I've checked out the file and lines you just mentioned there in your post. Both are correct on my end...patcher is working fine also. But this is what im seeing in the UIpersonal.def file. There are 2 portions, "last saved info for each window type" and "currently open windows"

The file keeps resetting to look like this.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    //
    // This file is auto-generated when the game closes.
    //
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

float ScreenWidth = 1920
    float ScreenHeight = 1200

//--------------------------------------------------------------
    // Last Saved info for each window type

// Currently OPEN Windows

UI_OPEN_WINDOW RenderWindow
    {
    float Alpha = 0
    float BorderAlpha = 1
    bool BorderOn = false
    bool Locked = false
    bool Minimized = false
    float MinimizeSaveX = 0
    float MinimizeSaveY = 0
    float NormalHeight = 1200
    float NormalWidth = 1920
    bool Resized = false
    float SizedH = 1200
    float SizedW = 1920
    bool TitleOn = false
    int Version = 1
    float X = 0
    float Y = 0
    }
    etc....

the currently open windows are fine...np with them. Its the empty portion in the "last saved info for each window type" causing me grief. Now...I can log in and set these windows where i want em, change opacities and such...keep them all open and log out, log in and they are still open, close them and logout, then log back in. Now at this point it generates the file properly and I get them in the "Last saved" portion, and when I log in they appear to function correctly. Play for a bit...open and close some windows, make a trade at the conny. Just normal things that shouldnt change anything. When I log out and check UIpersonal.def, the "last saved info" section is empty again and I'm back to square 1.

Again...this is occuring on fresh install of Istaria. After I used the uninstall for Istaria in the start menu, defragged the HD, ran Paretologic to clean up the registry and such and did a windows disk cleanup. DL'd a fresh setup file from the website and installed the game. Same issue before and after the reinstall.
    Last edited by R`aven Sky`Dash; May 12th, 2012 at 11:07 PM.

This problem has been resolved in the next client update and I've tested the fix, using your notes to create the various test cases. You'll see this fix listed as ticket:2893 in the change notes. There's a few other fixes in the update that the devs are having us test, but I know it's a high priority to get this out the door. Shouldn't be too long before this is on live.

Yfelvik

Thread Information