Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UI Issues

Default Re: UI Issues

Thats a beautiful thing...thx to you and all there.
    A dark shadow in the night skies...

Quote Originally Posted by Yfelvik View Post
    I just did a test on Blight, Chaos and Order by running a full scan patch. Each time I logged in and opened my inventory and vault windows, I was able to re-log and the windows loaded. I performed a full scan patch by following these instructions.
    it's not a question of the window being open if you exit with them that way, the problem is the UI is not saving windows position, they are reverting to default no matter what we do. so everytime i log in and open my vault, it's back to default size of say 16 squares across, instead of the 10 - 12 i set it for. hence the UI is not saving positions or sizes.

this also goes for placement and size of silos. they don't stay where i put tyem, nor the size i left them at. and i trade an npc, all windows i resized after logging in, are yet again reset to default size/position
    Last edited by Merrik; May 23rd, 2012 at 10:32 AM.

For me personnally, I find it rather annoying especially that the Silo window is equal if not slightly larger than the vault one. And that whilst standard silo's only hold 1 item and vault up to 300 .....

I think something is wrong there in terms of proportion.

and Thank You. i hope this resizing/positioning does get checked over and fixed. appreaciate the time

Did you read the blight notes? The client that is supposed to fix that issues is on blight. Go, get it. It really just takes a few minutes.

And no, I don't mean "play on blight", I mean "test the blight client on live".
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

thank you very much for fixing the vault/map and equipment windows. you're making great progress. only 2 more issues left. backpack pouches and silos still revert to default.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    Did you read the blight notes? The client that is supposed to fix that issues is on blight. Go, get it. It really just takes a few minutes.

And no, I don't mean "play on blight", I mean "test the blight client on live".
    sorry, it's not feasable for everyone. i have too many crashes using the blight clients on live servers. so not possible for me to test it well

This thinking does not make any sense...

Consider your two options and what follows from them:

1. Don't test the blight client. Bugged client goes to live, you suffer from issues and can't do anything and most probably are having a bad time playing or even can't play at all until the next client patch goes live.

2. Try the blight client, suffer from issues, post a ticket, patch back to the (working) live client, keep on playing while the devs try to fix whatever you reported on the blight client.

Now, do the math. Which of both possible scenarios costs more play time? Which of both does mean more suffering to you?

It is how it is... in a decent game with decent cash flow the things we need to do in option two are done by professional beta testers and after that a considerable part (those who love bleeding edge stuff) of the huge player base. But both is non existant in Istaria, so everybody should check out the blight client from time to time to be sure that the next live patch won't cause issues.
    The only other option you have is to never patch at all.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

I am playing on live shard Order using Blight Client 384.41.2.

The Client does not "remember" the view for storage structures. First opening of structure upon login is Grid View (earlier clients had default of List View). When storage structure is opened and view changed to List View, it is persistent with List View until leaving the area of the storage structure (as in porting or recalling to point some distance away) and upon return we are back to grid view. When relogging, we are back to square one with Grid View.

Can the view for storage structures be saved in the client files - and can the default view be List View as was the standard, rather than Grid View?

Knossos

1. Don't test the blight client. Bugged client goes to live, you suffer from issues and can't do anything and most probably are having a bad time playing or even can't play at all until the next client patch goes live.

2. Try the blight client, suffer from issues, post a ticket, patch back to the (working) live client, keep on playing while the devs try to fix whatever you reported on the blight client.

Now, do the math. Which of both possible scenarios costs more play time? Which of both does mean more suffering to you?

It is how it is... in a decent game with decent cash flow the things we need to do in option two are done by professional beta testers and after that a considerable part (those who love bleeding edge stuff) of the huge player base. But both is non existant in Istaria, so everybody should check out the blight client from time to time to be sure that the next live patch won't cause issues.
    Well this is the way I look at it and I guess some others do also. I do not have the time to test on blight and my time to play is limited. I look forward to playing when I log into the game. I do not need bugs that have not been tested by the team before going live. Sometimes we are days coping with these bugs. that is sad
    You gave us 2 choices, well here are 2 more choices how I see it:
    1. The team should not put patches or updates live unless tested so we don't always have these numerous bugs to contend with.
    2. Releasing these updates that are not tested will only drive subscription players away.
    Do the math!

Players are always complaining about not being able to play almost every week.
    My sub is up in a day...I am not going to renew for another 6 months like I have been doing since 2009. I was going to quit but I was asked to sub for the month of June just to be sure. I have been 2 months knocking this around and as much as I like crafting I did not craft for a full month. I only took my pick in hand a week ago. I am that close to giving it all up because of bugs.

Devs can you hear us pleading?

as i already stated, it's not feasable for everyone. maybe the client runs for you, using blight on live.. it does not work this way for everyone. i for one seem to have many more issues than most ppl. whenever i have added the blight client and played it on live, i've been practically unable to play at all. so whether or not it's a computer issue. or some other reason, the blight clients do not permit me to play as some others seem to have no major problems. now.. atm i am currently trying to build a bigger/better gaming computer. but till that actually is up and running, i can not/will not add blight client to live server. it doesn't work for me.

is it more understandable now? play game. or keep reloadig the whole time, unable to play at all, or report bugs i can't find since i cant load the game right with blight client.

now maybe if someone could find out why i can't even run the game with the new jlauncher file, maybe they will also fix my problem of constant crashing/inability to test blight client on an incompatible server version. there will always be false negatives/positives playing a wrong version client compared to the live server you're on. only way to properly test is play on compatible server
    Last edited by Merrik; June 5th, 2012 at 07:31 PM.

Thread Information