Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not enough resources...

Default Not enough resources...

Sort of similar with the "Not enough unguarded resources" but looking at the quantity of resources globally.
    Seriously - there are not enough resources, guarded or not - and i have the pleasure of playing on Order where population is scarce.
    What I mean is that 2 players can dry out the slate field at Snowfall, 2 players can dry out the the Maple Forrest at Sanctuary Bay (or at least rare it so much that i became really slow to gather logs) and so on and so forth.
    Even the fields rich in resources can be put into difficulty by 2 - i mean glowing orbs/granite at drift point.

I can't imagine how it was when the Shard was really populated.

For example I really like what you did for Dark Iron at Acul. Now, even if I miss the iron from there, I'm really-really grateful for what you did there. THAT is a really nice spot now and I'd wish you can do it for all major resources fields - aka the ones that are in range of settlements/guilds

So as a conclusion - an overall increase in spawn rate and or an increase in number of nodes would be very helpful.
    Also if possible to unlink the various resource fields (if possible).
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Default Re: Not enough resources...

There are plenty of other Maple and Slate spots to harvest.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Ofcourse there are.
    But not all are... convenient... if i may say so.

Crafting is sort of tedious as it is now.
    Competing over resources doesn't make it less tedious, on the contrary - especially in Istaria where competition cannot be settled in any other ways
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

note: please do not separete gems fields on "one type of resourse only".
    thouse, who craft lair crystalyne lattice knows, how it usefull - all 3 type in one place, and how hard craft T6 lattice, due T6 gems far enougth of each other.

Now it has been a while since I have done any serious crafting. T6 lair shaping kinda broke me.\ and I have not really picked up the crafting scales since then. However, as a dragon player I will offer my POV. I have been playing this game for quite some time. Longer than my forum date anyways. I have never really had these problems that you are talking about. That might have to do with my time zone but it might also have to do with the places that I harvest my resources (when I do, that is). I personally don't like doing slate at Snowfall, for a number of reasons but that is not the point. I do it else where. There are a number of "convenient" spots for each of the resources that I need as a dragon (ok there is only one spot for the T6 stuffs, but that is ok). I also understand that as a dragon guarded resources are not as much as a problem as they are for bipeds. However, having said that I have done all my crafting solo, or payed for it. None of it was gifted to me so to speak. Nor do I have/or have ever had a guild so to speak. I never had the luxary of silos until I got my lair and then 2/3 of my crafting was done before I got my first silo up. Then it was some time before I got my next one up as well. Needless to say that, while public silos are great things, they are not always safe or free and you have to find them. They were none in a "convenient" place for me when I was crafting but some how I have seemed to manage. In conclusion you are saying things are "inconvenient" but I would argue with your definition of "convenient" in the first place. If we take what you are saying to its extreme we get this. "I would like one field for each resource, unguarded, with bountiful nodes, some plots for public silos that we can dump resources into as we harvest and a port right net to said plot." Now I know that is not what you mean but what I am saying is that there is many "convenient" places around. YOU just have to look for them as many others have before you. Maybe you could even buy a plot near those places and set up public silos.
    SoG? Where? :-P

Alas gone are the days when this was easy to do.

I'm with Freelancer on this one about resources not being all that difficult to find.

Granted, locations are not always convenient in the way of an easy stroll to a free silo, crafting station and no mobs nearby- and really, they shouldn't be. Safe fields will never be especially plentiful fields compared to guarded ones at higher tiers- conversely, 'convenient' ones will also be less bountiful than those located further away and thus be more picked over due to that convenience.

Little risk and effort, little reward. Lots of risk and effort, big reward. That's essentially the heart of it. The game holds your hand pretty good for T1 and T2, but it has to let go eventually.
    Last edited by Kyrieath; May 8th, 2012 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Shouldn't try for reason before coffee; I get snappish. ^^;

Did you two actually bothered to read what I posted?
    Did I ask for unguarded resources? NO.
    Did I ask for little effort/risk? NO.

Amon already did a nice job at Acul and also at Mithril Anvil and in Lesser Aradoth with Bronze SE of Parsinia and maybe in other places i didnt check.

But maybe it is easier to just increase the spawn rate of resource nodes instead of redoing entire zones and that's is what I'm actually asking/wondering

Yes I read it- and responded to what seemed to be the gist of it. If I got it wrong, then my apologies. *shrug* but resource respawn time is one of those things that determines whether a field is one of those bountiful ones I was referring to or not, not just how many nodes are there the moment you arrive. Apparently neither one of us was being very clear in our points.

If you got it wrong maybe I wasn't clear enough, sorry for that.
    But if you play on Order, drop me a tell when you go out to gather something.
    I will come to show you how fast a field runs out with 2 or 3 players gathering resources from it...

Have you checked the following locations for slate? Abandoned Island, Central Valley, Izzon Peak, Scorpion Island, Slate Crest, and Falathien Island?

Snowfall's Slate spawn is NOT going to be increased. Sorry, its simply not something I am going to do.

Regarding Maple, have you checked the other spawns of it as well? Abandoned Shore, Morning Light, Desert Shore, Falathien Island, Stormy March, Wolf's Paw and the Northern Dalimond Ridge. The Maple Forest is one of the worst places, actually, because its composed of numerous large linked regions and has very poor spawns of the larger trees. Other areas I mentioned have better spawns of Large and Massive trees.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Please Amon those were simple examples. Even if bad ones, still examples tho.
    I didnt ask to increase a certain spot or another. I asked if its posible to increase the nodes spawn rate and also if it's possible to unlink fields. (Cobalt north of Dralk comes to mind.)

Regarding goin to other locations... Well, it's not that easy.
    People are goin to certain spots simply because there they will find public silos, jman/expert shops and/or portals to port to places with silos and shops. No one will be goin into the middle of nowhere especially when grinding crafting schools.
    Not after you been spoiled with silos and expert shops.
    So we end up converging in the convenient places.

Edit, well I asked and I did ranted too. Actually we're in the rant section for a reason

*L* I play on Chaos, so it's pretty much a given, anywhere I go, I'm going to be sharing a field with other gatherers. When it runs out- I just pick up and go to another field. Only way to avoid it is to play in the dead of night or something. Or I set up camp in a guarded field. All else fails- there's always what's guarding it to harvest as well as the nodes/when the nodes run out.

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    Did you two actually bothered to read what I posted?
    Did I ask for unguarded resources? NO.
    Did I ask for little effort/risk? NO.
    Hmm.... let me think. Yes I did read your post. That seems to be the reason why my post was related to yours... sheesh. To me what I thought you were saying kinda went like this.

1. When two or more people are at a field there is no room for any one else . Example - Snowfall

2. Can we increase respawn to fix that problem? Or how about the number of nodes.

Response to 1. Let us run with your example. People craft at snowfall because it is convenient. Why? Close to shops/silos and not too far from a port. There is very rarely only one place that you can do your harvesting in. If the other places are not so convenient why don't you do something about it instead of complaining?

Response to 2. Well why not just have one field that will service the whole shard? That is really the extreme of what you are asking. I know that you think you are not asking for that but with the populations as they are you might as well be. Just go looking for another field that is free. They exist. And in some cases might just be better than the one that everyone else uses .

As for your questions quoted above. Did you ask for little effort/risk? Yes, but not directly. Please increase spawn of resources so more people can harvest in the convenient fields (which also happens to be unguarded). I think that the implication is clear. So if you bothered to think about what you were really asking for and then bothered to think about our responses then they might have made more sense.

Sorry but I don't normally write in such a tone, but I don't normally post very often and I try to think about what I say. You annoyed me with your thoughtless response.
    Last edited by Freelancer; May 9th, 2012 at 03:59 AM. Reason: clarity
    SoG? Where? :-P

Alas gone are the days when this was easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer View Post
    why don't you do something about it
    I'm doing something. Do you think ranting on the forums is easy?
    Now seriously, what I'm actually doing is paying a plot owner subscription which means a T6 lair open for public that is easily accessible being right near a free pad/portal.
    Besides that, as I already posted - we're in the rant section - what are you expecting to see here besides rants and complains?

Lets make it clear - I dont want unguarded motherlodes filling my silos while I'm entertaining you on the forums, but i simply hate to run half the world with a disk half full because a field just drained out and it takes a lot to respawn (or because it respawned in the other end of the world - see cobalt north of dralk)
    I already did it while building my t4 hall and I'm not happy to do it again - gold and cobalt are major PITA. Obsidian too.

But that really startles me is the attitude of some. I mean if you're done with your crafting and had it rough - you want that everyone else, even 6-7 years later, to have it as rough as you???
    Well, world is supposed to be evolving and get better and better.
    I'm pretty sure that you are happy that you're not living in the world of your grands-grands-grandparents 150 years ago.

PS. Amon, this is absolutely not aimed at you. I know you worked hard to redo certain zones. As i said, i really love dark iron Acul, bronze SE of Nuthala, platinum mine in MA etc.
    It's a general rant started mostly because of the slowness my biped is getting close to complete his first crafting class - 93 BLK atm - and ofcourse because of the bad memories from building my lair.

PLEASE*looks sad*
    Stay polite all!!

North-
    Freelancer was talking about himself, not pointing at anyone.
    And I agree with him-
    though...

I really dislike that Amon continues to refuse to increase the snowfall field
    reminds me a bit of Rumpelstiltskin
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    I really dislike that Amon continues to refuse to increase the snowfall field
    reminds me a bit of Rumpelstiltskin
    I would increase it in exchange for your first-born? Is that what you are saying?

Crafting has gotten better than it was several years ago. Incredibly so. Especially for dragons- we get flying cargo disks now, as well as disks that can be ported. There were also no convenient resource islands and safe fields, however small, with machines or plots nearby in which to do your crafting or build a craft station, and the portal system didn't reach to nearly as many places (mostly cuz most of them didn't even exist back then). You also had to go to all of them first the hard way before you could use the gate to get there and you certainly wouldn't be able to take your full disk with you back through the gate. And money was harder to get, forms were annoying to acquire due the lore token system, we'd never heard of a 'rich' node, let alone a motherlode, and we hauled disks that limited your speed to 1 both ways up hill to the tops of high towers during raging thunderstorms and earthquakes just to craft one brick. *Shakes her granny cane.* And we liked it, dangnabbit! (Okay, we didn't- the last bit from the disk speed of 1 or the like it part in most cases. But still, y'get the idea.)

Crafting these days is a breeze compared to back then. Probably why I'm not too sympathetic here. I'm like a kid in a candy store with the current system compared to ye olden one of so long ago where resources were scarce, hard to reach/find even if you had wings, nearly always guarded and rarely located especially close to machines past the earliest tiers. And if you think resource fields get picked clean fast now? Imagine back then when they were so scarce that a 'good' field had only a few nodes that didn't refresh fast and there were few to no alternate fields to gather at.

So- to sum up the post: Crafting has gotten better. Infinitely better.
    Last edited by Kyrieath; May 9th, 2012 at 12:40 PM.

As it is supposed to, right? And there is still room for improvment

Regarding the old times...
    I've no idea how it was since I started in last september. So I dont really get the "candy store" feeling. Not as a lairshaper doing t6 flowstones/maelstones and certainly not as a biped doing his first crafting class.

PS> Actually i got a glimpse of the "candy store" feeling when i found more than 5 platinum motherlodes in MA mine

PS2> pff my ranting mood really gone away. I blame Lov and Amon for that

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    I would increase it in exchange for your first-born? Is that what you are saying?
    Am I the only one that caught that? Nice, lol!
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

You know, with the amount of work the devs put into Istaria, I would not be surprised if they felt it was like a child to them. Fair trade for first-born, etc.

Folks complain about not enough convenient resources but the devs have created an amazing world for you to explore - it's worth it to go searching for different resource fields just to see what interesting little tidbits are around the land! How do you think my map got marked? I stopped to smell the silk - and checked out everything else I could find!

Thread Information