Thread: One thing that needs to be fixed asap

Default One thing that needs to be fixed asap

Please fix the "Setting Up Entities" part of porting, when i port it takes upwards a minute just to port and if you are making multiple hops, it sucks, really it does.

Default Re: One thing that needs to be fixed asap

Quote Originally Posted by Nestor_II View Post
    Please fix the "Setting Up Entities" part of porting, when i port it takes upwards a minute just to port and if you are making multiple hops, it sucks, really it does.
    I don't know what the issue is lately but porting to areas that used to load very quickly now takes at least 1-3 mins. Ive cleared my cache, restarted, done a file check, etc.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Not only do ports take at least 3 times longer, multiple ports usually mean a "Port to Desktop" now, too. I, too, have cleared cache, etc with no improvement over the long term. Lag has now crept back into the game with whatever was done with this past patch. =(

I have the problem with porting, too. And sometimes the problem that the keyboard layout changes to english, relog helps, but should be fixed.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

I had the same issue along with a crash or freeze every 10 minutes or so. But after playing around with the options, turning shadows and spell effects off, porting now rarely takes more than 10 seconds for me. Even logging into the game takes barely 15 seconds once the client pops up. I also haven't had a single crash or client freeze on porting or otherwise since then.

I'm having much better luck with it as well after turning off shadows and taking the game out of 1600x1200 (no idea when that happened?) and I keep the clear cache option on. I seem to CTD less with that on.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Just disable loading screens... then you can at least chat until the "structure under player" loads.

I never understood, why they prevent chatting during teleportation.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

I have to agree with this, I suffer more crashes during ports with load screens on than I do without them. ('/setpref useloadingscreen false' turns it off for those interested, changing 'false' to 'true' will turn them back on.) With recent patches I've noticed that after porting, items will still be loading around me, regardless of whether the load screen was turned on or off! So I'm a bit confused to see the overall benefit of having a load screen.

When the load screen is turned off it's possible to force a fix for the pesky no-ground-loading-chicken-little issue that crops up as well, as opposed to relogging or having to recall.

Will there be any way to have the best of both worlds soon?
    Bumbling Ancient and grumbling Satyr on Chaos- if Helians are supposed to be 'spellcasters', then why is Wintheria, the Gold Rage trainer, a Helian?
    "Let your post stand on its own merits [without the need for attention-seeking tactics such as colours or images]." -GW2 Forum Conduct

I've always had shadows off but I turned off the fade-in thing. It helped a little... but I'm still suddenly having a lot more CTDs and my FPS are 25% of what they were before the last update. I'm sure it will be resolved but I just wanted to weigh in on this one too.

It's still MUCH better than it used to be.

Thread Information