Thread: Lunus build help!

Smile Lunus build help!

Question: how is damage factored for strength per point vs. tooth and claw?

I suppose I'm trying to figure out a max damage melee build. Right now I'm maxed on both strength and t/c on points and have both strength crystals and t/c techs on my hindquarters.

I had heard that t/c does some amount of damage that scales with dex. So I wondered if maybe socketing some dex crystals might help. I'm about 1600 str in my armor scales with around 950 dex.

The reason I'm asking? I seem to only hit SoG for around an average of 1000 per hit. It seems low to me... Granted I'm using crafted claw with sharp. (don't have any epics yet like valkors or demon).

Help is appreciated!
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Default Re: Lunus build help!

1000 per hit on SoG is ok in my eyes.

I use piercing winds/tc/breath on wings,
    and "deadly" is best on claw- nice additional crystals for claw are available too.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    1000 per hit on SoG is ok in my eyes.

I use piercing winds/tc/breath on wings,
    and "deadly" is best on claw- nice additional crystals for claw are available too.
    it's all Freelancer's fame do not allow count 1000 good?

Well, strenght increase damage, T/C increases both damage and chance to hit, dex increase chance to hit and also adds to T/C which should increase both damage and chance to hit but to a lesser extent than strenght which increases damage only... are you still following?

If you want to be a one hit wonder, go for full strenght and T/C.
    If you want to consistently hit decently go for T/C and dex.

PS. I didn't
    I still hit SOG with an average of 1000-1200 per GR hit. The secret is to use dragon techs: piercing winds on both wings, razor tooth on head scale and deadly on claw.
    My scales are a mix of armor and dex scales teched with dex/focus/armor and using a mix of defensive/health crystals while all TP are in evasion and magic evasion.

Also did some tests and found out that a player crafted claw teched with deadly and 2 sockets hits generally better than Demon Claw.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Haha, ignore Freelancer's sig, there is no way in hell you're every going to get those numbers, not even he will, those days are very long passed

1000 hit on SoG is pretty bloody good. My dragon is quite lacking in good teched gear so I hit for considerably less than that against that almighty SoG.

As for the crafted gear vs epic claws, a well crafted claw will almost always out damage the Demon Claw and still break even if not best Valkor's Claw. Demon Claw is only good for large scale grouping (read: epic hunt) situations since it's Armor Shreds ability is totally awesome with 2+ dragons using Demon Claws against SoG. Valkor's Claw has considerably higher damage than the Demon Claw and it's Ethereal Leech proc is quite a nasty piece of work

As for your setup, some testing would be required, but I would say stay with the 1/2 tps into strength and T&C, but then boost your dex using xtals a little perhaps. Sounds like you're pretty much right as it is, just depends on if you think you want to land more attacks, or if you want to sacrifice a little to-hit in exchange for more damage.

Hope that helps a little.
    Happy hunting, see yas in Istaria
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    Haha, ignore Freelancer's sig, there is no way in hell you're every going to get those numbers, not even he will, those days are very long passed
    Sad but true. There is a very special set of conditions required to get such high damage on SoG. I would like to think that I still could get said damage if the right players are online and in the mood for it. Basically you need a demon claw, moss covered club, flame attack, hero's reslove and all the newer dragon techs (we got drain strike up to about 1.8-1.9K damage as well ). Then you need all that to fire off at the same time. The other thing that made it easier when we did do it was hero's resolve lasted for 15 mins. Not so anymore. The difference is about 3-4K with it on. So it is still possible, just improbable. Otherwise, 3-3.5k total damage with gold rage is good.
    SoG? Where? :-P

Alas gone are the days when this was easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer View Post
    we got drain strike up to about 1.8-1.9K damage as well
    Oops. sorry. that was over 3K damage with drain strike... just checked the screen shots again. Good times.
    SoG? Where? :-P

Alas gone are the days when this was easy to do.

Wow, thanks for all of the input!

I really appreciate you taking that time to explain all that to me.

I upgraded my claw with deadly vs. sharp and changed crystals from mist citrine (7% ethereal) to drulkars displeasure. Although I have yet to see it proc... I socketed all dex crystals and checked out my damage.

Sadly it was about the same.

Had another dragon with a helian build send me a tell that they just did a GR on a vexation for almost 1800 per hit. HELIAN! Haha. I'm missing something.

I really think primal attack is the culprit. I think it overrides most of the other techs and crystals. I have a volcanic headscale tech and can only ever remember it producing when I had run out of primal attack.

I think I'm going to throw the old dex crystals back in and see what kind of damage I can do without primal attack.

Also, I keep hearing dex is broken. Any truth to that?

And anyone have a demon claw they would sell/trade to me on order? Would really like to see it in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Mensar View Post
    I upgraded my claw with deadly vs. sharp and changed crystals from mist citrine (7% ethereal) to drulkars displeasure. Although I have yet to see it proc...
    Erm...Drulkar's procs off spells/breaths attacks not from melee attacks.
    Still I keep Drulkars in my claw all the time since I use all 3 breaths everytime they're up

Dex will not improve your damage noticeable, but the chance to hit... which should still be better to hit 1200, 1200, 1200 than 1400, miss, 1400. At least in theory
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Drulkar`s is wrong choice for melee.

Use Lunus ancient crystal instead.
    We were talking about melee damage.

I do enormous damage with primal cast/Flame burst.
    Like North I use all FIVE breaths together with melee- unbeatable^^
    But you can`t have it all: As the breaths need other stats than melee- I`m fine with 1000 on meelee damage on Sog.

Lots should have a free demon claw- at least NP to hunt for it.
    It takes only 2 to kill him.

Demon claw I seldom use- but I have about 7 diff. claws.
    Flame has all that too- but uses Blood claw all the time.
    I wished I had one.

Will show you diff claws ingame.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Drulkar`s is wrong choice for melee.

Use Lunus ancient crystal instead.
    We were talking about melee damage.

I do enormous damage with primal cast/Flame burst.
    Like North I use all FIVE breaths together with melee- unbeatable^^
    But you can`t have it all: As the breaths need other stats than melee- I`m fine with 1000 on meelee damage on Sog.

Lots should have a free demon claw- at least NP to hunt for it.
    It takes only 2 to kill him.

Demon claw I seldom use- but I have about 7 diff. claws.
    Flame has all that too- but uses Blood claw all the time.
    I wished I had one.

Will show you diff claws ingame.
    Glad I asked. Didn't even look to see it didn't work with melee. Haha. What a dummy.

Would love to see the various claws. I get the feeling the days of the Reklar hunts are gone though. Which is unfortunate. Found several stockpiles of Reklar parts during the big reclaim but lost them from my vault while I was gone. Now all I have is a single sword piece I was given a couple weeks ago.

Blood talon just isn't an option anymore.

Oh, and I rarely use the breath attacks besides acid since they take sooooo long to execute and do very little damage. I can hit 3x with normal attacks that do around 160-240 on bugs in the space of time it takes a full animation for a breath attack that may do 200 damage. Just not worth it to me.
    Last edited by Mensar; May 10th, 2012 at 02:46 PM.

Drulkar`s
    offtope: mm? what are you talking about?

off topic - what's this drulkar's displeasure you speak of?
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Drulkar's stone is a weap crystal for dragons which procs (of spell/breath attacks) an average 200 fire damage every 4-5 seconds with a duration of 20-25s - bear with my aging memory
    There is a similar stone for bipeds which procs nature damage, if I'm not mistaken, and bears the name of Alyssa

PS. The proc is named Drulkar's Displeasure
    Last edited by Northwind; May 11th, 2012 at 06:26 AM.

sorry to dredge this up, but does anybody recall where this weapon crystal comes from?
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Quote Originally Posted by cauri_order View Post
    sorry to dredge this up, but does anybody recall where this weapon crystal comes from?
    Quest in Imperial Outpost, cant remember the name, but there is not that many quests there

Imperial Disturbances. Thanks Northwind, I finished it today
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Thread Information