Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Map Pack 3.6

Default Map Pack 3.6

MAP PACK 3.6

It's not ready for release yet, I just wanted to tell you that I'm working on a new version, it will be ready in some weeks. This is what I've done so far:

Misc changes
    - [added] papyrus tier 1-6 icon
    - [added] chest icon
    - [added] new section, ~ 3.000 plot and lair markers (I have to revisit them all, a lot of resizing done by VI)
    - [update] Dalimond graphics
    - [added] Rift - map by Pharaxes, thanks!
    - [added] Dralnok's Doom - map by Pharaxes, thanks!
    - [added] Isle of Battle - map by Pharaxes, thanks!
    - [moved] named monsters from "NPCs" to "Monsters"
    - [moved] "communities" to "player cities and communities" (to free a section for "plots and lairs")

Over 400 new markers updated:
    - [marker update] Acul
    - [marker update] Attios' Stand
    - [marker update] Dalimond Peninsula
    - [marker update] Eastern Outpost
    - [marker update] Eastern Deadlands
    - [marker update] Fabric Isle
    - [marker update] Genevia
    - [marker update] Isle of the Drowned
    - [marker update] Lesser Aradoth
    - [marker update] new pads and porters added
    - [marker update] here and there around Istaria...

Last edited by Terao; May 12th, 2012 at 04:09 PM.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Default Re: Map Pack 3.6

Terao, you are my new hero.

Many, Many, Many Thanks
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Yay! Excited!
    Obsessed crafter of Chaos.

Hooray.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Awesome, the one we have now is a bit out of date with mobs either not at their location shown on map or mobs at locations w/o an icon! =) Glad to see someone picking this up, thank you!!

Great to hear! Keep up the good work! Looking forward to a release version soon, but don't feel rushed, all good things come to those who wait.

faaaaaantastic i have 1 request , dunno if you can do it tho, when you have a fresh install of istaria , you get a little flying green dragon icon on ya map representing where you are and which direction you go, however with existing mappacks i cannot get this icon to be useable and would love to be able to use it or another simular icon of same or diff colours if at all possible , (crosses claws), hope to hear from you soon

zehava-chaos-100/100/100
    Last edited by snake; May 23rd, 2012 at 12:30 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

I think I found the picture of it, I can't remember that I ever have seen that. Will have a look into.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

This was an easy little fix, and it works fine - Thank you Zehava for the hint, I really didn't know that this neat map indicator existed

- [added] map indicator from the original map with direction

yaaaaaaaay , ty bud)) keep up the good work
    you even managed to be right next to my lair on chaos hehehe;0

zehava /ancient dragon /100/100/100,
    Last edited by snake; May 26th, 2012 at 09:44 AM. Reason: i added stuff :P

- [update] guild plots

...next will be the settlements, if this is done the map pack is ready for release.

If you want your own map indicator added to the mappack send me a pm to get my email adress or simply post them here . The dragon ones are supplied with the game, I've done two simple neutral versions that will come with the release.

I've updated a lot of plot markers but it's progressing slower then expected. I've marked all plots around 2008 for a map pack version that never had been released. A great amount of plots got resized up to now, a lot more then I thought. 2008 I've marked around 2900 plots and lairs, the amount is lower now, but I've to revisit all communities to check the sizes and update them...

Thanks to GARFONSO, he wrote a cute programm that sorts the markers after x and y positions for speed optimization, thank you .

And thanks to Yfelvik that gave me a hint for the debug log function of Istaria - there shouldn't be any more missing icon files and the map pack shouldn't produce any error messages.

I'll be away some days for a short vacation and in some weeks it'll be finished - I promise, thanks for your patience.

You may want to hold off on doing anything with plots, Terao. See the current patch notes for Blight.

Velea, thank you for the hint, I will wait until the delta goes live

hi terao, im testing your beta mappack, but its not working on the search for finding npc,s unless im actually in the town that npc is in , ie not on the big main map. are they not included as of yet on the main map? or are they under , their names and not spellcrafter, scholar, blacksmith etc?

Searching for names and professions is working for me, one the main map and the detailed maps.

i still cant search for npcs, while not in a town , is anyone else actually trying this mappack and are you having ther same problem as me ?????

There are others testing it too, I've altogeter five installations for several accounts and my wife and they are working fine. Maybe you have installed something wrong? I can't reproduce the error you have.

I'm also using the beta map pack. I also don't have the issues you describe. Could you check your filter setup? AFAIK the filters are saved per map, maybe you switched off NPCs on the main map and therefore can't search for them?

Ok, scrap that... I can search for NPCs, even if I switch them off.. hm.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Thread Information