Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Map Pack 3.6

Default Re: Map Pack 3.6

i dunno what i could have done wrong , i went through every step triple checked it all last night even reinstalled the whole resource folder from the zip into the resource override
    and still on main map while not in a town if i search for scholar all i get are scholar benches if i search for scholar trainer , nothing moves , if i search fro trainer , all i end up with is it will find the dragon ones
    if i type druid , it dosn't take me to dalimond or slannis where i kno they are
    Last edited by snake; August 19th, 2012 at 10:31 AM. Reason: additional

Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    i dunno what i could have done wrong , i went through every step triple checked it all last night even reinstalled the whole resource folder from the zip into the resource override
    and still on main map while not in a town if i search for scholar all i get are scholar benches if i search for scholar trainer , nothing moves , if i search fro trainer , all i end up with is it will find the dragon ones
    if i type druid , it dosn't take me to dalimond or slannis where i kno they are
    Same thing happening here. Just did a fresh install of V3.6B2, and virtually no NPC's or Trainers appear.... bummer.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Not sure what I did wrong with the install.....the plot markers aren't showing up when I click on the appropriate toggle. Any ideas?
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Shot in the dark because I don't know what the installation instructions are but: every single error I heard about the old map packs was a result of that one darn file you had to edit to install them. It was a file you had to edit the real version of, instead of a copy in the /resources_override folder, which meant people often:
    • didn't edit it (didn't read instructions/forgot to do that part)
    • could not edit it (insufficient permissions to save changes to the file)
    • couldn't get the edits to stick (file kept getting reverted by the patcher when they launched the game)

Anyways, given how common a problem it was-- even happened to me!-- I'd suggest double-checking that all the files are installed and updated as they're meant to be?

Unfortunately, it would seem this v3.6b2 is missing half its markers. I think we've all installed it correctly, since some of the markers are showing, but for what ever reason, the few of us who have tried this latest zip file seem to be missing quite a few of the markers.

I'm wondering if this latest beta update, is meant as just that, an update, and not a stand-alone installation? That would certainly explain missing markers.

I just went back to Ceg's, and it works perfectly fine.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

It should be a complete version. Seems strange and atm I don't have the time to check it out as I'm very busy. I'll release the final version this weekend, thanks for your patience.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Thread Information