Thread: Curious I'm curious

Default Curious I'm curious

...I dare to even bring this up, but have any mac users figured out a way to play istaria on a mac?

I personally have a mac (which i hate and was forced to get) I play istaria by using Parallels Desktop (a virtual machine that runs windows 7)

I was just wondering if anyone had any other suggestions. Game runs so slow on the virtual side.

Thanks, oh and please speak in small words I am by no means extremely educated with computers.

~Agua

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Curious I'm curious

I believe there is a prototype mac version on the website?
    http://community.istaria.com/pg.php/download
    The "Mac Beta Version!" it's 1.4 GB but it apparently works on Mac computers

oh my gosh! thank you SO much racktor! *eagerly downloads*

is it just me or is the download broken..
    seems i download it and it gets to 212 MB every time out of 1.43 GB... then it just stops.

and my KB/seconds crashes from being high to going lower and lower.

I was able to pull the file down okay.

You might have some luck getting the file with the command line utility 'curl', which will allow you to abort a transfer and resume it.
    curl -C - <url>
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

thanks idk if it had something to do with the server being down. but now it seems to be down loading just fine!

Probably unrelated. The link points to a file hosted on a content distribution network, which is completely independent of the game servers and websites.

Glad you could get the file though!

Now... will it blend?
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

well i started it, and am able to play it on mac side but when in game (in full screen) i am unable to see anything else, is there anyway to minimize it from full screen so i can switch back and forth? when out of full screen its just black behind the game anyway.

Go into your Istaria installation folder, then open the prefs folder, then open ClientPrefs_Graphic
    Look for a line that says: bool fullscreen = true
    Change true to false.
    SAVE
    And hopefully Istaria should start in windowed mode. =)
    Glindor Occulus - Ancient Dragon - 100/80/25 - (Chaos)
    FaffyMuncher - Half-Giant - 86 ELAR 30 RNGR 20 KNOC 30 OUT 25 BLK 15 MAS - (Chaos)

Cave draconis.

I will try this glin and let you know how it works.
    i can switch into windowed mode when in game, but the cursor is off slightly and when minimized the back screen is just black. but perhaps changing the files will do it.
    ^^ thanks for the tip

Quote Originally Posted by AguaRush View Post
    well i started it, and am able to play it on mac side but when in game (in full screen) i am unable to see anything else, is there anyway to minimize it from full screen so i can switch back and forth? when out of full screen its just black behind the game anyway.
    being that the port is made with Wineskin, you can use the built in Cmd+Opt+A toggle to knock it in and out of the fullscreen mode for multitasking.

oh my gosh thank you so much!

Now this might be my computer. The Mac beta does load up for me. But the problem is that it is so laaaaaaaaggggggggyyyyyyy that is makes the game unplayable. My computer is quite old but it has no problems running hz bootcamp style. Any one else with the same problems?
    SoG? Where? :-P

Alas gone are the days when this was easy to do.

Thread Information