Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summer Event

Default Summer Event

Greetings all,

We'd like to do more with seasonal events, and plan to bring back the summer event from last year... but as a team we're rather stumped for ideas of what could be added to it. So we thought what better way to come up with some new ideas for content that everyone can enjoy but to reach out to those who read and post on the forums!

The usual restrictions do apply; no new tech can be developed, no new art work (unless it is textures for banners/murals you'd like us to consider), and we'd like to keep the number of NPC's in the area down to allow for faster load times. But with that in mind, if you have ideas for content specifically for a summer event, please post here or send us a support ticket.

Banner/mural textures will be accepted through the support system only. We are NOT holding a contest for this, but to get the templates for them if you do not have it already, you can view get them from the document for our last contest found here.

If you have an idea for a quest, you can also submit it to the support system or post here.

Let's get those creative juices flowing!

Default Re: Summer Event

I think it would be really cool since that solar eclipse just took place to have something like that in istaria. a festival dedicated to the stars. or something :) maybe also have some fishing events. or some things that players could gather for addition xp or coin.
    There could also be a quest where you have to travel to the peaks of istaria's mountain tops and a star chart like be completed and then you get an emblem like : Star Master or
    Star Tracker something like that.
    And if the devs wanted to be real tricky there could even be a visible solar eclipse on the top of one mountain could be the only location you could see it. here is where the npc's could also be.

I would really love if we were able to design masks for the event as well.

I like the stars idea. As I also loved the maze, I kind of wonder if there could be a lair version of it - maybe with a challenge to find star-related things within the vast dark caverns/passageways?

Maybe a low-level anchor in the old deadlands of the island too, with quest to stop them from potentially disrupting the festival?

One thing I miss from the festival held outside Tazoon is the petting zoo. That was really cute. I liked the specialty foodstuffs we could buy with tickets, too.

Oh, yeah... special food is great. :)
    Shrimp Skewer anyone? :)

I think the fishing idea fits very good with special food.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Folks, I appreciate that you liked the old event... but please keep your replies on topic. If you don't have ideas to share, please don't post. ;)

I really like the stars and eclipse idea. I second the masks competition, but is there any way to fix the masks_template.zip file? It seems the files for it are corrupt in both GIMP and photoshop for me.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

maiby something like "treasure-hunt"?
    like "find biggest oak, go north..." there you can find next hint, next, next, till reach your target.

In the summer my family usually goes to Pennslyvania to fish, swim and watch the fireworks on 4th of July. So why not incorporate some of these fun time activities. Have a vendor sell some fireworks(forms) and maybe shoot some into the air every hour or so as a display. Fishing games can be done as well to win prizes (like whoever catches the most or catches a certain number. And for those who like making biped clothes, may I suggest swim ware?
    And when I think of summer I think of heat so maybe the dragons can have their own little activity as well. ( bobbing for gnomes anyone? I kid.... or am I! )
    Would like to see maybe the return of the wishgiver for this event. The reward for some of these quests can be tickets which could be then given to the wishgiver inorder to employ her services. (For those who don't know who the wishgiver was, she was a npc that gave a permenant minor stat increase to either your health, strength, dex, power, focus, or armor in exchange for doing a quest for her.)

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

If players who are planning to submit art work could do so (to support) by June 15th, we'll consider them. Anything submitted after that may or may not be used this year.

Thank you. :)

(Working on figuring out the masks template file problem)

nice velea. please post the templates as soon as possible here?
    also some for lair murals ?

please, what does it mean, that Velea say?
    that player's art will used for murals? or opening window? or...what?
    and to where send arts?

It depends which server board I think is which.

^ Wondering the same thing as Krin.. sorta. I think the template is a sort of blank version of a mask/mural so the players can use it as a base for a mask/mural that may or may not be implemented into the game. =P Idk where to send it though.

To quote what I said earlier:

If players who are planning to submit art work could do so (to support) by June 15th, we'll consider them. Anything submitted after that may or may not be used this year.

I've still do not understand :( if someone can explain, mayby better in PM, I will very thanksfull

I don't know if this would be possible but how about a hunt for objects to fill a basket or get components for a decoration like a wreath or some other summery object--personally, I would LOVE a flower bed! Roses!!! Anyway, an NPC could give the starting clue and the player would have to figure out where to go and at the end location would be a chest with the first component/object and the next clue. There are some very pretty and interesting locations that most players have never seen because there's no real reason to go there (sadly) except if you happen to like exploring. This would give players a chance to see some new locations.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

Great idea, Cixi! I look forward to seeing the quest *hint hint* ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Folks, I appreciate that you liked the old event... but please keep your replies on topic. If you don't have ideas to share, please don't post. ;)
    I think what was being suggested was that the Tazoon Festival be added back in as part of the new Summer Event. Would be quite keen on that here myself- That little festival with the petting zoo and raffle was super fun :D Would love to see it back as part of the Summer Event.

As for new new things, perhaps some lore-style quests akin to the ones found in Aughundel or the Halloween festival depicting some race-specific folklore and stories and customs surrounding the season. It would keep NPCs spread out over cities and encourage a bit of adventuring to find them. After each snippet of lore the NPC might offer a quest to go collect a specific item in relation to their tale, and then there could be a reward from it- Some summer themed confectioner recipe or mural/banner plan or similar! :)

The star-idea and the item-trail hunt also sound very awesome too~

Slee Maogrin- Chaotic, spotty warmonger of Order~

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Great idea, Cixi! I look forward to seeing the quest *hint hint* ;)
    Perhaps I misunderstood... Are you asking for us to submit fully designed quest ideas, not just bounce broad ideas about?

In that case, have a quest to bring additional animals to the zoo so that there are more than one available for petting, so that the animals can be rotated. Requirements could include:
    -- coax a live ruxus to a certain point, king's crossing perhaps, by getting there with the ruxus still attacking (in battle with ruxus to trigger guard response). the guard "subdues" the creature for shipping.
    -- subdue a deer by attacking it with a mixing spoon in hand, by which you feed it an apple coated with a drug to make it fall asleep - may need to obtain an apple and visit a druid to get the apple ready
    -- bring in a fyakki by trapping it in a net on the isle of the drowned, much like a certain parrot was captured in the jungle
    -- find the turtle by visiting its log to bring it back
    Last edited by awdz; May 27th, 2012 at 11:56 PM.

I, like Awdz, am not sure what you want, Velea. Perhaps gnomes are more demanding of knowing the details.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

It depends which server board I think is which.

She was hinting that that quest idea just might make it in-game. =P As in "I look forward to seeing the quest in-game when we add it" basically.

Thread Information