Thread: Character creation load

Order/Chaos, Harro and Pleasant Canyon respectively

Default Character creation load

Well, for a few days, everytime I try to create a new character, I get THIS:

The same for the other race backgrounds.
    No loading character.
    That can make it a pain. Really. Any clue how to fix this? x.x Dont think deleting cache would work, but I'll give it a try if needed.

Order/Chaos, Harro and Pleasant Canyon respectively

Default Re: Character creation load

Kind of still expecting a reply to this. Two of my friends also got this problem now, one who was JUST joining the game today, and another who already played for a while~

Would love a response if you know what's up? ><
    Thanks!

~Cey

Italy... or anywhere that has pencils and paper

It happened to me once. So I cleared the world cache and made the game start loading again.
    Maybe your new player friend clicked cancel before the loading finished and just went on with the character creation?
    Astair Brightscale, chaos shard - seasoned dragon, expert dragon crafter and beginner lairshaper

my deviantart!

Character creation crashes 100% of the time on every system I have and has since I can remember. I get to the point where I name the character and it starts to load the game and crashes.

When I restart the launcher the character shows in my character list and I can start it from there.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Character creation crashes 100% of the time on every system I have and has since I can remember. I get to the point where I name the character and it starts to load the game and crashes.

When I restart the launcher the character shows in my character list and I can start it from there.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

It depends which server board I think is which.

@Mensar: It does that to everyone, but Cey here can't even get to create her character =P

I have the exact same issue. On one computer, I'm able to create the character, but as soon as I try to enter the world the program crashes. On my main computer I get the screen-display issue like your screen shot. I've reported it and they're working on it. No info other than that.

All they had me do was clear general settings. I also updated/rolled back video drivers, ran all sorts of checks...bupkiss. Everything short of reinstalling.

Had a few back-and-forths with support. Haven't heard back since, but then again I'm not really expecting anything until we get patch news (I already have a dedicated character so I'm not too stressed on it). I suspect it's a video card support issue.

Clear cache doesn't work for me either.

I suggest all of you open tickets with screen shots and make sure you send in every crash report so they have a lot to work with. (If you haven't already, of course.)

I hope they get you all fixed up! Let me know if they do!

PS: it started happening after the latest patch.
    Last edited by Vyndaen; May 30th, 2012 at 01:05 AM. Reason: adding info!

Sorry for the double post, on a hunch...I moved Istaria from my x86 folder to the regular programs folder and voi-la, issue fixed. Maybe someone who isn't as computer illiterate as I am can explain that, but...there it is. o.O

This issue is fixed with the client version currently on Blight.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Still doesnt work for me, not even on blight

I'm assisting the developers in reproducing this issue.

If this problem occurs for you, please submit a support ticket and one of the developers will schedule a remote hands session so they can see the issue "in action". None of the developer's computers have this problem occurring and it appears the last update didn't resolve the issue.

If the developers can get some feedback on what's happening, they can work towards a fix.

Thank you,

Yfelvik
    - Istaria Customer Support

Thread Information