Thread: To buy a lair...

Default To buy a lair...

What is the price range for lairs? I've found some near Winter's Peak that are hundreds of silver or a few gold.

It will be a long time before I can afford one of those.

Are there more modest lairs somewhere?

Default Re: To buy a lair...

The free plot map it is your friend.
    SoG? Where? :-P

Alas gone are the days when this was easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer View Post
    The free plot map it is your friend.
    That's a handy tool! Thanks very much. Looks like lairs are 500s and up. And they're spread out across the world. I'll have to spend next weekend making money.

On the upside, making money isn't nearly as hard as it used to be. Depending on your level, the bare minimum of 500 silver for a lair is very easy to gather up.

Price currently varies depending on how close to a pad & portal they are. If both a pad and portal are in the same community- you're very likely looking at a gold or more for a lair. Out in the middle of nowhere, no pad or portal in sight? Likely as cheap as they get.

Lairs also have different dimensions. Some are very narrow but deep; others are very broad but shallow.

If I recall correctly, I am 58 Adventure and 67 Craft... Or rather 3 Lairshaping.

That will mean it takes a little longer to get your money up for a lair but by no means will it take extremely long.

-In regards to lairshaping: I'd strongly recommend raising crafting to completion or very close to before trying to go past your current crafting level in lairshaping. Unless you intend to keep hopping back and forth between schools as you make each batch of materials once the two are even, that is. Lairshaping won't raise your gathering and basic resource shaping skills.

There are some folks who raise the two in tandem but it requires running back and forth between trainers every time you want to make something that belongs to the other school. And it's recommended to have access to storage of some kind other than your vault if you intend to do this so you can create large numbers of items at once in crafting, store them, then go to the trainer to swap to the lairshaping school to finish the process and place the items.

Thread Information