Thread: Blight Update 223

Default Blight Update 223

Blight Update 223 has been applied to the Blight Testing Shard on Wednesday, June 6th and includes the following additions, changes, and fixes. Please use this thread to post bugs only. Do not use it for discussion of changes. Non-relevant posts will be moved and/or deleted..

• Reworked the Myloc Queen's loot a bit so that she has a chance to drop more variety of rare loot, but also so that her specific loot will be guaranteed to drop every time. She will now have a chance to drop 4 vials of her Blood instead of 1.
    • Captian Brak is now Captain Brak.
    • Weaker Saris Mummy's are now known as Unclean Warriors.
    • Fixed gender reference issues in Felisie's Desire quest.
    • The islands that comprise the chain known as The Three Sisters are now named on the map - Xariz, Greya Doth and Trams.
    • Frozen Wisps (Tier 5) can now be found on the Isle of Ice. Frozen Wisps are harvested for Frozen Essence.
    • Quest "Tale of Darkstaff the Ancient (Part 2)" will now properly drop both items when killing the Wraith Overlord.
    • Quest "Delgarath Militia Unsung Heroes" now properly asks for a Baleful Necrofly Wing.
    • Raised the min/max damage of Shining Blades. Also, Shining Blades now only shares 50% timer with any other epic abilities/spells.
    • Tibur now only spawns on the far eastern side of the Wan Coast in with the Travertine Boulder Golems. He does not patrol along longer.
    • Travertine spawns are no longer linked. Travertine becomes more dense the further east along the Wan Coast you go.
    • Added a destination pad to Fabric Island.
    • Player-hired Tavernkeepers will now have 250k health and 10k armor.
    • Quest "Town Marshall: Ogre Overrun" will no longer count Gatherers (Pygmies).
    • Lerena Gatekeeper is now near the portal in Lerena.
    • Fixed the "Armor Tech Kit: Symbol of Istara" so that it properly displays (and buffs) Life and Health instead of Spirit Resistance and Ethereal Armor.
    • Balit's List of Ingredients now properly asks for Nickel Golem Fragments instead of Chips.
    • Quest "Breath of Acid" now requires you to be an Adult or Ancient to begin it.
    • Corrected the description of technique "Armor and Scale Tech Kit: Spiritual Matters"
    • Trophy Hunters in quest "Go Bag 5 Agh'kuk Gatherer Beatsticks" will now delete the correct item.
    • Druid trainers will now let you join/re-join the school if you have either 10 levels of Cleric or any levels of Druid.
    • Monk trainers will now let you join/re-join the school if you have either 10 levels of Warrior or any levels of Monk.
    • Spiritist trainers will now let you join/re-join the school if you have either 10 levels of Mage or any levels of Spiritist.
    • The Prototype Tool Claw used in the quest "Breath of Acid: Handle With Care" has been replaced with a non-functional item rather than being an actual tool claw to avoid confusion with normal dragon tool claws.
    • Palmyran Defenders, Executors and Thralls now gain 1-handed slash and Shield skills.
    • Quest "Forest Skulk Threat II" now properly defines what to kill in addition to the Elder and Shaman. It also provides feedback once you have recovered the Odd-Shaped Artifact.
    • Quest "Outfitter: Distilling, An Introduction" now properly asks you to gather Cedar Bark instead of Cedar Sap for Cedar Hide Tannin.
    • Quest "Learn to Process Kwellen Hide" now drops the "Intact Large Kwellen Hide" as quest loot when you fight Son of Gigaroth and will no longer drop when killing Blighted Kwellen or Kwellen Berserkers.
    • Intact Large Kwellen Hide is no longer tradeable and no longer has coin or hoard values.
    • Craft: Miner's Boon/Bounty/Blessing? techniques no longer boost prospecting. The bonuses offered to Mining and Quarrying have been increased to compensate for the loss of the third skill.
    • Scrolls can now be placed into Libraries.
    • Elmnic not flooded on map any longer.
    • Fixed a broken chat log link in the quest Sslanis Militia: Storming the Dead.

Burning Archer
    In order to make the Burning Archer quest more user-friendly as well as available to a wider selection of players we've done a minor revamp of the quest series. We've included some fixes and some changes that we hope will make both the quest and the ability more appealing.

• The quest "Lore Quest: Legend of the Burning Archer" is now available to anyone from Sindenis in Feladan. Sindenis, as a result, no longer tells the tale as part of his dialog.
    • Quest "Discover the Secrets of the Burning Archer" is now the first quest in the Burning Archer quest series and is given by Sindenis using the Quest Bucket. Burning Archer is no longer given by Sindenis using his regular dialog.
    • The Burning Archer quest series has been made available to level 90 Rangers in addition to Elemental Archers. This is a massive quest that culminates in a unique epic ability and we wish for more players to experience and enjoy it.
    • Quest "Burning Archer: 07 - Speak with Tomas Alerras in Dalimond" updated to point players to the correct location for Archwizard Thurid.
    • Quest "Burning Archer: 14a – Learn more about the Burning Archer" is now known as "Lore Quest: The Legend of the Burning Archer (Part 2)" and is available from the quest bucket of Palaikis to anyone who has completed Part 14 of the Burning Archer quest series.
    • Burning Archer now only shares 50% timer with any other epic abilities/spells.

Movement Crystals
    • Movement crystals (including Tiers 4 and 5) are back on the loot tables.
    • Greater Glowing Crystal of Movement now boosts speed by 8 instead of 7.
    • Exceptional Glowing Crystals of Movement are now available.
    • Crystals of Movement now grant a bonus to both Speed and Velocity.
    • Movement Crystals now have a tiered level requirement, but allow either Trade or Adventure level to count.
    • Corrected the XP reward for consuming a crystal of Movement for all tiers.
    • Movement Crystals now have a tint that corresponds to their tier.

Plots
    • Plots across the world of Istaria have been resized; this required the removal of some unowned plots as well as moving of roads and terrain in some cases, and moving some sand piles/water wells, as well as world decorations in order that the new plots would fit.
    • Players are advised to clear their world cache file before traveling to these communities because much of the terrain and objects in the community have been moved.
    • In resized communities all plot markers have been moved to the edge of the plot and are facing the right orientation for the plot (so that the marker slants upwards toward the center of the plot.) Should players find any plots where this is not the case, we'd ask that you please report it so that the plot can be looked at.
    • Removed water well from Morathaven community to make more room for plots. Also moved the portal and destination pads from this community to further down the hill to make room for plots.
    • Fixed terrain on 3 plots in the community of Rihki.
    • Note on Plot resizing and repricing: Plots across the world have been repriced as well. Players will receive the difference between the cost of the plot now compared to when they purchased the plot IF they paid more than the plot is now worth.

Resource Nodes
    • Abundant (Rich) and Bountiful (Motherlode) varieties of resource nodes for Flax, Kenaf, Cotton, Ironsilk and Steelsilk can now be found in locations around Istaria.
    • Large Silk Plants are now known as Bountiful Silk Plants, regular Silk Plants are now known as Abundant Silk Plants and Small Silk Plants are now known just as Silk Plants.
    • Increased the quantity of resource that can be gathered from Rich nodes.
    • Lowered the quantity of resource that can be gathered from Motherlode nodes.
    • The resource quantity that can be gained from harvesting Treants now properly corresponds to their size. Saplings are regular nodes, Large Treants are Rich nodes, and Massive and Enraged Treants are slightly larger rich nodes, while named Treants will be Motherlode nodes.
    • Resource amounts for Cows, Gruok, Deer, and Sheep are now equal to regular resource nodes. Chicken are equal to half a resource node.
    • Hide gathered from Animals (except Dire and Snowback Wolves), Maggots and Kewellen are now equal in quantity to standard resource nodes.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; June 6th, 2012 at 07:21 PM.

Default Re: Blight Update 223

Is it possible to get a list of communities with resized plots?

Basically all of them other than guild properties.
    Last edited by Velea; June 5th, 2012 at 10:25 AM.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Not sure if confirmations of things that have been looked at but seem to be working are helpful or desired, but I figured I'd include them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Weaker Saris Mummy's are now known as Unclean Warriors.
    Looks good.
    The islands that comprise the chain known as The Three Sisters are now named on the map - Xariz, Greya Doth and Trams.
    These names don't seem to be reflected on the map window. They do appear in the overworld and in the /who window though.
    Frozen Wisps (Tier 5) can now be found on the Isle of Ice. Frozen Wisps are harvested for Frozen Essence.
    The icon for Frozen Essence is red, like flame essence. Seems it should be blue. The Frozen Wisps will attack a player, but almost all of their attacks miss (level 100 dragon).
    Tibur now only spawns on the far eastern side of the Wan Coast in with the Travertine Boulder Golems. He does not patrol along longer.
    Travertine spawns are no longer linked. Travertine becomes more dense the further east along the Wan Coast you go.
    Tibur seems to be staying where he should be. The travertine node layout looks really nice. Almost too nice. I must have seen at least seven motherlodes out there. Definitely not complaining, but just wanted to point it out just in case. xP
    Added a destination pad to Fabric Island.
    Pad works. "Settlement: Fabric Isle" shows up on the City portal rather than the Guilds and Settlements portal though.
    Player-hired Tavernkeepers will now have 250k health and 10k armor.
    I was able to find a player tavernkeeper and confirm the health buff. Can't tell about the armor though, of course.
    Lerena Gatekeeper is now near the portal in Lerena.
    Looks good.
    Movement Crystals
    I was only able to find the T1 crystal tonight, but it seems to be functioning as it should be. May want to tweak the description of the item to say the crystal should be "socketed" into a tool rather than "equipped" in a tool, for clarity.
    Plots
    Removed water well from Morathaven community to make more room for plots. Also moved the portal and destination pads from this community to further down the hill to make room for plots.
    There is a huge terrain seam in the side of Morathaven's cliffs. (23959/27481)
    Resource Nodes
    Abundant (Rich) and Bountiful (Motherlode) varieties of resource nodes for Flax, Kenaf, Cotton, Ironsilk and Steelsilk can now be found in locations around Istaria.
    Large Silk Plants are now known as Bountiful Silk Plants, regular Silk Plants are now known as Abundant Silk Plants and Small Silk Plants are now known just as Silk Plants.
    Only found cotton and silk so far. Cotton plant sizes are not reflected visually; one must click to tell the difference. Silk plant sizes are reflected properly with different size nodes. I haven't checked to see if they yield the proper resource amounts yet.

I'm no expert on fabric locations, but both the locations I could think of that were likely to have bountiful and abundant kenaf plants had only normal ones despite both being guarded fields. These being the fields north and northeast of Chiconis.

Unrelated to the delta notes: There is a large chunk of ocean missing around the island that connects the Isles of Fire and Ice (28690/31378). There is also a seam in the terrain.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    There is a huge terrain seam in the side of Morathaven's cliffs.(23959/27481)
    I've looked at this location on our internal server and don't see the problem, but it is there on Blight, so I tweaked the terrain in the area a bit to see if it will update.

large chunk of ocean missing around the island that connects the Isles of Fire and Ice (28690/31378).
    We'll have to regenerate the ocean in that area. Thank you for the report.

There is also a seam in the terrain.
    Could you please provide a location for this? I can't see one in the screenshot.

Thank you!

The following communities have all their plots (but not lairs) marked "Condemned" still on Blight-- unsure if that must or must not be changed before everything goes live to keep the properties unowned?
    • Desert's Edge
    • Dryart
    • Granite Hills
    • Harro
    • Harton Valley
    • Heather
    • Izzon Crest
    • Morning Light
    • Parsinia
    • Sanctuary Bay
    • Selen
    • Winter's Peak

Did not check communities outside the "Settlement" list because lazy and I keep forgetting they exist.

Quote Originally Posted by cauri_order View Post
    Is it possible to get a list of communities with resized plots?

Basically all of them other than guild properties.
    Please note that I've only looked at Harro. What I'm assuming are the resized plots are all condemned.

Side-note - the word is spelled wrong on blight - comdemned instead of condemned.

Also - in Harro, the militia guard is inside plotID 210294.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

List of plots with markers facing the wrong way, sorted by community:
    Aiya: none found.
    Blizzard's Reach: none found.
    Desert's Edge: none found.
    Dikaina, CommunityID 75209:
    PlotID 208406
    PlotID 208201
    PlotID 202031
    PlotID 208408

Drift Point: bonus School of Bass sighting at 24810, 30804, 5550! LAND FISH HO.
    Dryart, CommunityID 75305:
    PlotID 200634

Falathien, CommunityID 75224:
    PlotID 211531 -- marker is also probably not on the correct side, sits against north perimeter instead of the west or south which run along the road
    PlotID 211534
    PlotID 211548
    PlotID 211547

Forest Guard: none found.
    Granite Hills: none found.
    Grayling: none found.
    Harro, CommunityID 75207:
    PlotID 210302
    PlotID 210601 -- at a 45-degree angle relative plot to boot
    PlotID 210278
    PlotID 210276
    PlotID 210589
    PlotID 210592
    PlotID 210277

List of improperly-facing plot markers continued.

Harton Valley, CommunityID 75302:
    PlotID 207081
    PlotID 207567

Heather: none found.
    Izzon Crest: none found.
    Last Stand, CommunityID 75833:
    PlotID 2089625
    PlotID 2090143
    PlotID 2090144
    PlotID 2090140
    PlotID 2090139
    PlotID 2090141

Lerena: none found.
    Lower Bridgeview: none found.
    Mia's Edge, CommunityID 75911:
    PlotID 2090127
    PlotID 2090191
    PlotID 2090569

Mithril's Anvil, CommunityID 75884:
    PlotID 2090010
    PlotID 2090011
    PlotID 2090007
    PlotID 2089624
    PlotID 2090008
    PlotID 2090516
    PlotID 2090009

Morathaven: none found.
    Morning Light: none found.
    Parsinia, CommunityID 202532:
    PlotID 202532
    PlotID 202771
    PlotID 201919
    PlotID 202116
    PlotID 202526
    PlotID 202525

Sanctuary Bay: none found.
    Selen, CommunityID 75028:
    PlotID 207990
    PlotID 207989
    PlotID 207987
    PlotID 208517

South Gate: none found.
    South March, CommunityID 75194:
    PlotID 217593
    PlotID 205039
    PlotID 218169
    PlotID 205073
    PlotID 205074
    PlotID 218170

Summit, CommunityID 75876:
    PlotID 2090325

Tishlar: none found.
    Winter's Peak: none found.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Could you please provide a location for this? I can't see one in the screenshot.
    Sorry 'bout that. The seam is at 28502/31243, underwater at the bottom of the Isle of Fire cliff.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Only found cotton and silk so far. Cotton plant sizes are not reflected visually; one must click to tell the difference. Silk plant sizes are reflected properly with different size nodes. I haven't checked to see if they yield the proper resource amounts yet.
    They weren't all re-sized, fixed for the next patch.

I'm no expert on fabric locations, but both the locations I could think of that were likely to have bountiful and abundant kenaf plants had only normal ones despite both being guarded fields. These being the fields north and northeast of Chiconis.
    I double checked to make sure and there are plenty of locations with Abundant and Bountiful. The fields n/ne of Chiconis are linked and spread out so that may be why you aren't seeing many.

Pad works. "Settlement: Fabric Isle" shows up on the City portal rather than the Guilds and Settlements portal though.
    Switched

Tibur seems to be staying where he should be. The travertine node layout looks really nice. Almost too nice. I must have seen at least seven motherlodes out there. Definitely not complaining, but just wanted to point it out just in case. xP
    It was a bit high when all totalled up so I lowered it by about 20%.

The icon for Frozen Essence is red, like flame essence. Seems it should be blue. The Frozen Wisps will attack a player, but almost all of their attacks miss (level 100 dragon).
    Got it

I was only able to find the T1 crystal tonight, but it seems to be functioning as it should be. May want to tweak the description of the item to say the crystal should be "socketed" into a tool rather than "equipped" in a tool, for clarity
    Got it.

Thank you for your feedback!
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thicklesip, thank you for doing this, but you can just list communities if you'd like. Plot ID's are specific to each shard, and so won't help me when I go internally. If you list the community, I'll look at all plots within it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Plot ID's are specific to each shard, and so won't help me when I go internally.
    NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo....

Well to clean that list up then, please check out:
    Dikaina
    Dryart
    Falathien
    Harro
    Harton Valley
    Last Stand
    Mia's Edge
    Mithril's Anvil
    Parsinia
    Selen
    South March
    Summit

Note that I did NOT check communities outside of the main "Settlement:" list. Someone else can do that.

I was poking around in the travertine, looks good. But I didn't see hardly any motherlodes just now. Maybe 2 or 3? Lots (tons) of regular nodes which is great. Saw quite a few rich nodes too. But barely any motherlodes. I think we have two on live right now already. Thought there would be more.

Also didn't see Tibur anywhere. He was conspicuously absent.

Anyway, just my observation.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Quote Originally Posted by Mensar View Post
    I was poking around in the travertine, looks good. But I didn't see hardly any motherlodes just now. Maybe 2 or 3? Lots (tons) of regular nodes which is great. Saw quite a few rich nodes too. But barely any motherlodes. I think we have two on live right now already. Thought there would be more.

Also didn't see Tibur anywhere. He was conspicuously absent.

Anyway, just my observation.
    Tibur now only spawns on the far eastern side of the Wan Coast in with the Travertine Boulder Golems. He does not patrol along longer.
    So you won't find him just wandering as you did before. The motherlodes aren't in the western part since that is the lighter area.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Ahh, maybe he just wasn't spawned when I flew through, but I went all the way around through the entire thing.

Will be so great to get some of these changes implemented.. I know it's probably a pipe dream, but what's the projection to get the resource changes to live?

Kinda balked on doing T6 travertine and steelsilk right now with it being as sparse and heavily guarded as it is.

The new abundant steelsilk nodes look good too. Although it might be nice if there were more of them East of Harro along the ED border.

Quote Originally Posted by Mensar View Post
    Ahh, maybe he just wasn't spawned when I flew through, but I went all the way around through the entire thing.

Will be so great to get some of these changes implemented.. I know it's probably a pipe dream, but what's the projection to get the resource changes to live?

Kinda balked on doing T6 travertine and steelsilk right now with it being as sparse and heavily guarded as it is.

The new abundant steelsilk nodes look good too. Although it might be nice if there were more of them East of Harro along the ED border.
    We've got another patch to go to blight with some more changes/fixes... So, not really sure. before the middle of July for sure though.

Sweet! Can't wait.

Elmnic is partially under water (and yes I've cleared the world cache and did a full scan).

Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post
    Elmnic is partially under water (and yes I've cleared the world cache and did a full scan).

It figures.. they make the change to the map to remove the flooded area and the game finally truly floods Elmnic.. Murphy's law.

Thread Information