Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blight Update 223 Comments

Default Re: Blight Update 223 Comments

Lets see a show of Hands, please cast your vote. there's a poll at: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=26412

maybe our voice can be heard.

I wouldnt mind having a tool that would work for all my schools without ever having to change a tool to replace another tool. But, that was the way they were designed. Now, for the dragon, ya, they are losing something they got use to, and would hope that it could be addressed by the dev team as to what would or could be possible. I guess the claw itself will be gone, so try to look at a different angle. Maybe just having , 3 sockets. I can't remember how many sockets that you got for your dragon. Maybe compare the dragon claw with a biped tool and take it from there. Make is slightly less than what you are accustomed to?

The only thing I'm really going to be disappointed about with the removal of the functional tool claw is the fact that (I am assuming here) everyone who did the quest before will still have the 4x socket claw, while anyone who does it after will not. I really dislike the fact that the general practice in Istaria seems to be to remove these items with actual gameplay benefits from future players rather than all players. Either remove it completely or leave it alone.

I'd prefer that an item that will ultimately be made unobtainable is not added in the first place, but one can't have everything one wants. A little foresight would have avoided all of this outcry completely.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    I'd prefer that an item that will ultimately be made unobtainable is not added in the first place, but one can't have everything one wants. A little foresight would have avoided all of this outcry completely.
    This is rather obvious, I'd think. But had the quest worked as intended (the claw should have been deleted, not kept), and it was never reported as being a bug because players didn't realize that it should have been removed. Had we a magic ball where we could go back in time and fix this bug when the quest was first released, that would be great, Raptress. But we don't and can't, and it wasn't until we (the current design team) looked more closely at the quest that we realized what was happening.

When we know better, we do better. Know we know better, and thus we're doing better.

If it does get removed from everyone can we get some warning so we can remove the crystals we have in it?

Please?

Quote Originally Posted by Mimir View Post
    If it does get removed from everyone can we get some warning so we can remove the crystals we have in it?
    I'm pretty sure you don't have anything to worry about. It's already been stated elsewhere that the players who already have the claw get to keep it.

@Velea:
    When I said that, I was actually thinking more along the lines of the fact that the item was actually functional and not just for quest flavor. It boggles me a little bit that this quest claw can take four sockets--giving it an advantage over all other claws--yet was never meant to be kept.

However, I apologize if you feel like you need to defend yourself to me. I know mistakes are made. I didn't intend to come across as harsh.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Apology acknowledged and accepted. Your post did come across to me, at least, as feeling as though you were perhaps not attacking, and certianly not me personally, but it did feel as though it was something I needed to defend against.

To be completely transparent here and honest with you and anyone else reading this... This quest was a player created quest, not something which was done by Amon or I, and quite honestly, it's me who "dropped the ball" on it, trusting that it was implemented as designed internally. When the claw was introduced back with the quest, it was supposed to have three sockets, not four in the internal design document where the quest was proposed. And while we talked about changing it to have that many, that would create problems for anyone who had 4 crystals installed, and we really do not like to change existing items.

So there you have the full thought process...

A minor detail to report. The claw when received in the quest had no sockets. It was discovered by players that not only it could be socketed but also that it would take 4 sockets.

Knossos

I can understand if the item was never meant to be kept, and was supposed to be deleted. Mistakes happen. I think all that's really being asked for is a t6 tool claw that the extra crystal slot can be utilized in. It is immensely useful to dragons for T6 laircrafting, much like the T6 biped jewelry is to them for their crafting. Even if the tool claw is not craftable and there's no form for it, could it be a quest reward for an achievement such as mastering laircrafting and crafting skills to 100? Is there even an emblem for dragons for that? Couldn't we get an attuned tool claw with 4 sockets for that, or is it unfeasible?

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

i still see no harm in leaving it in. as bipeds get alot of T6 items and dragons get none. as stated, it gives no bonus and only holds one extra crystal, which the only benefit is saving some swapping out and a small bit of vault space. really where's the harm?

so many things being messed with that aren't a problem, and yet so many bugs left in game for many years. meanwhile more quests are being bugged due to fixing non-menacing issues, than fixing the things that really need much more attention.

now messing with another thing that's been fine for almost a decade, mother lodes.

how will the claw unbalance the game? it hasn't and it won't. and it's been in for quite some time. and how many problems have occured due to it's existance.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Since I raised the quantity in Rich nodes, I balanced the quantity in motherlode nodes. There is still quite a lot in them, but not nearly as much as before.
    Amon, this is one I have to say doesn't make sense. There are areas where the boost in rich nodes makes sense, but in other areas the ML is practically all there is. Recommend rethinking the strategy and adding a number of new mother lodes to equal things out. Especially in areas like adamantium, obsidian (hey I'd settle for ANY rich nodes in dralk obsidian), rich essence residue nodes (especially radiant?).

Really need some tweaks there.

Thanks.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Quote Originally Posted by Mensar View Post
    There are areas where the boost in rich nodes makes sense, but in other areas the ML is practically all there is.
    Could you say where you're thinking of? I can only think of the following field setups:
    -only normal nodes (ex: New Trismus sandstone, Dralk crafting cave obsidian)
    -normal nodes, rich nodes (Geneiva bronze, Yew Forest essence residue)
    -normal nodes, rich nodes, motherlodes (Delgarath adamantium, Dralk jade)

If there are fields which skip the rich nodes and go right to motherlodes, it'd be a problem, but I cannot think of a single field where that is the case.

Platinum in MA cave consists mostly of Mothelodes.
    Last edited by Northwind; June 6th, 2012 at 06:18 AM.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Quote Originally Posted by Finkledbody View Post
    ...Considering the lengthy time it takes to acquire 31 gold to purchase the two plots I own. yes, yes I would consider moving on to the next game if those coins were just.... Taken away. POOF!!!
    Seriously?
    You can make 30 gold in less than a month if you really want to.
    The T6 claw is unique and irreplaceable if the devs are fulfilling the plan to remove it.

Oh well, Guess I will switch from a 6 months subscription plan (which actually ends tomorrow) to a monthly one with the prospect to stop it at all when the claw gets removed.
    Sort of childish you may say, but it's the only thing that I can do to show my disappointment.

I mean, come on, players are waiting for how long to see more t6 stuff in game? Yet you consider removing the only T6 item the dragons have access to, bar backpacks and disks?
    Not to mention that it fits really well in the quest and comes out as a really nice Easter egg.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Quote Originally Posted by Thicklesip View Post
    Could you say where you're thinking of? I can only think of the following field setups:
    -only normal nodes (ex: New Trismus sandstone, Dralk crafting cave obsidian)
    -normal nodes, rich nodes (Geneiva bronze, Yew Forest essence residue)
    -normal nodes, rich nodes, motherlodes (Delgarath adamantium, Dralk jade)

If there are fields which skip the rich nodes and go right to motherlodes, it'd be a problem, but I cannot think of a single field where that is the case.
    Adamantium is the primary example. You can't find much of anything up there. I'd almost welcome an adamantium golem or two for a couple more mother lodes. It's so sparse now though.

There really shouldn't be an area with just normal nodes anyway. That's just annoying. And yes, I am referring to confection gathering too. Mwhich is dragging it a bit off topic.

Amon, this is one I have to say doesn't make sense. There are areas where the boost in rich nodes makes sense, but in other areas the ML is practically all there is. Recommend rethinking the strategy and adding a number of new mother lodes to equal things out. Especially in areas like adamantium, obsidian (hey I'd settle for ANY rich nodes in dralk obsidian), rich essence residue nodes (especially radiant?).

Really need some tweaks there.

Thanks.
    Sorry, I disagree with you there. There is more Adamantium in the Barrier Vale from the golems. There are several locations for Obsidian, if you aren't finding Rich nodes around Dralk you are looking in the wrong place.

Essence is on the list to be adjusted this year in a future patch.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; June 6th, 2012 at 10:58 AM.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Sorry, I disagree with you there. There is more Adamantium in the Barrier Vale from the golems. There are several locations for Obsidian, if you aren't finding Rich nodes around Dralk you are looking in the wrong place.

Essence is on the list to be adjusted this year in a future patch.
    Killing golems would be more worthwhile if they were rich nodes.

There's an entire stretch of obsidian along the road south of Dralk where there is literally nothing but regular nodes. It's gather-and-move hell. Granted, yes there's another area or two if you want to travel to the coast.

Same with adamantium golems (which actually give less ore than a normal node, I thought they were being increased?). No processing equipment nearby and all the actual nodes are blighted. And, not that it's the issue.. but getting there is a serious pain.

Maybe adding some rich nodes to the obsidian field south of Dralk along the road next to the machines and a couple more motherlodes to the adamantium field would be very nice. Or at least a dozen rich nodes? One person gathering adamantium is a LOT of running/flying around and searching. Two people means time spent doing nothing but waiting. I know we'd all appreciate those changes. Especially with the motherlodes being reduced and the lack of optimal efficiency issue with T6 still being a problem (hence having to gather much more than actually required for any other tier).

Thanks

No processing equipment nearby and all the actual nodes are blighted. And, not that it's the issue.. but getting there is a serious pain.
    Actually there is processing equipment right nearby the golems at (30779, 25926) if we, the community on Order, bothered to build it. They are all T6 machines and include an ore refinery, gemworking hut, and logging camp.

As for the golems, I do use that area when Delgarath's field is busy or emptied. I agree that the amount you get from those golems needs upping a little as I've noticed that I tend to get more off of the travertine golems and normal adamantium nodes than I do an adamantium golem.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Amon and I have been talking about this again this morning. Please understand that the changing of this quest in the first place is not something we did without talking and thinking about it.

In this thread, we've heard a few concerns that I'd like to address. One is that there is no T6 gear currently available for dragons. Adding broken items is still something that's on the to-do list, but coming up with a balanced set has proven more of a challenge than I'd originally thought, which is what is the cause of the delay. Once we have a plan that's fair and balanced, we will introduce those items. That is, of course, a discussion for another thread, though.

The next concern is that T6 gear has 4 "slots" on it. This actually is not the pattern, and so items which have been introduced as craftable at T6 have just 3.

Thus we've decided to restore the Prototype Tool Claw as an item which is given by the quest, but it will have 3 tech slots on it, not 4. (And no, existing claws won't be changed.)

Thank you for your feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Amon and I have been talking about this again this morning. Please understand that the changing of this quest in the first place is not something we did without talking and thinking about it.

In this thread, we've heard a few concerns that I'd like to address. One is that there is no T6 gear currently available for dragons. Adding broken items is still something that's on the to-do list, but coming up with a balanced set has proven more of a challenge than I'd originally thought, which is what is the cause of the delay. Once we have a plan that's fair and balanced, we will introduce those items. That is, of course, a discussion for another thread, though.

The next concern is that T6 gear has 4 "slots" on it. This actually is not the pattern, and so items which have been introduced as craftable at T6 have just 3.

Thus we've decided to restore the Prototype Tool Claw as an item which is given by the quest, but it will have 3 tech slots on it, not 4. (And no, existing claws won't be changed.)

Thank you for your feedback.
    Thanks for listening to everyone's concerns. That's why things get so heated sometimes on here. Because people know the dev team is listening.

Thread Information