Thread: Disturbing thing on the two Dragon Tool Claw Polls

Default Disturbing thing on the two Dragon Tool Claw Polls

I just noticed that I can see who voted in the two polls on the Dragon Tool Claw. I can not see the results on any other poll listed in the forum. Is there a reason behind this?

Default Re: Disturbing thing on the two Dragon Tool Claw Polls

I could voice a theory but it isn't a kind one. You know what they say: if you haven't anything nice to say....

I'm simply hoping it was an attempt to make it akin to a petition.

(from the second post I made; just realized this one's edit button was active still.)

I have to admit- I've never favored the idea of name-public polls. It's something in the human psyche. If there's as notable leaning in one direction and a name is pinned to every vote, the people who don't agree with the popular opinion/who are neutral are generally disinclined to vote.
    Last edited by Kyrieath; June 11th, 2012 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Clarification.

There is an option when you create the pool to make the votes public or not. It is up to the user who creates the poll.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Well, I have to admit that I chose to make the votes public based on the way Merrik made the initial poll about the Prototype.

While I thought that it may actually have a detrimental effect by making the players not to cast a vote on the poll, I said that it is worth the risk when seeing that the only negative vote in the Prototype poll came from a developer.
    Later on the vote disappeared from the Prototype poll which now has no negative votes.
    Last edited by Northwind; June 12th, 2012 at 08:00 PM.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

so any groundbreaking finding from that?
    was it worth the effort?

not my kind of style North-nvm
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Thread Information