Thread: The Withered Raids (Community Event)

Default The Withered Raids (Community Event)

Hey everyone! I have thought up a new community event idea for the Chaos shard. It's called The Withered Raids. Here are the highlights of what it is:

• The Deadlands Get Raided! At a currently unscheduled routinely date, the gifted will be raiding the deadlands of Istaria!
    • Progress from T1 to T6 as you battle against every leader of the Withered Aegis!
    • Fully planned event! This event is going to be fully planned by a group of 5 or 6 players hand-chosen by me or voted in by the community.
    • Earn valuable new items as you progress through the raids, going anywhere from hoard to jewelry!
    • Several groups to choose from! Each raid group will have a name, and be led by one of the players from the planning group. Each group gets their own role in the fight which is decided before they head to the deadlands!
    • Non story-driven event! This event is purely for fun, and as such, don't expect anything to actually happen afterwards. However, it will be great fun and I hope this idea gets support from the community and becomes enjoyable for everyone!

Now that you have seen the highlights, let me explain in more detail. This is just a new idea I thought up, and I thought perhaps I could get support from the community and possibly make it a fun event for chaos. I still need people to join me in planning the event, so feel free to post and either tell me what you think of the idea, or possibly even volunteer to help plan the event.

Italy... or anywhere that has pencils and paper

Default Re: The Withered Raids (Community Event)

I think it's a good idea! You could plan a raid like every month or two. I'd like to help once I can get on line again.
    Astair Brightscale, chaos shard - seasoned dragon, expert dragon crafter and beginner lairshaper

my deviantart!

Thank you Astair for offering to help. One note on the monthly thing however: Don't you think that's a little too spread out? Maybe it's just me, but I think doing it on a weekly basis might be better.

What do you think?

I love the prospect of running around ED in a group and getting payback for all those times I was unluckily stunned and killed by a swarm of undead...sounds like a rewarding event too, as I am looking for several T6 broken jewelry pieces. Fun idea!
    -Watford, Chaos Shard

Quote Originally Posted by Narrah View Post
    Thank you Astair for offering to help. One note on the monthly thing however: Don't you think that's a little too spread out? Maybe it's just me, but I think doing it on a weekly basis might be better.

What do you think?
    well maybe it would get a bit harder to organize it weekly... of course if you find a lot of help it will get easier
    Astair Brightscale, chaos shard - seasoned dragon, expert dragon crafter and beginner lairshaper

my deviantart!

A note on the rewarding thing. The rewards are mostly going to be loot from the mobs in the deadlands. Also, by T1 to T6 I mean raiding things like the new trismus deadlands first, before progressing up to the eastern deadlands. Over that time, the players participating will probably switch as the levels change. I myself won't be able to participate in the higher level raids like eastern deadlands, so i'll have to have someone else take the lead for those.

I'm only Level 50 or so atm...

Hehe, I'm level 40 so xD
    Well the rewards could be freshly cooked food or good ale for everyone

my deviantart!

Actually, Astair. I do believe there should be some rewards for completing the whole thing, but i'd need to have rewards to give. That's the problem i'm facing. I don't really have any way to reward people at the moment other than the loot from the mobs, but if someone is willing to help with the rewards part, that'd be great.

I guess we'll just have to see how it plays out, won't we?

Even though I'm not quite yet a member of Chaos (or Order, yet) I think it looks like a good idea. It would give players the opportunity to make friends, get involved in the community, earn items from mobs they might not be able to take down by themselves, and overall have a good time. As for timing, rather than every week, which seems rather cramped, or every month, which seems a little too spaced out, personally I think every two to three weeks would be nice.

I don't think you would have to progress through the deadlands in order of weakest to strongest either, all depending on the levels of the various player characters that decide to go along. If there are enough higher-leveled characters per raid group, the lower-leveled players should be fine in harder deadlands. Concerning rewards, I believe they could be as simple as the loot from the mobs, or if anyone wishes to, they could give out various items themselves. But those are just my thoughts. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Snowrift View Post
    As for timing, rather than every week, which seems rather cramped, or every month, which seems a little too spaced out, personally I think every two to three weeks would be nice.
    Schedules being what they are, targeting weekly might result in every couple of weeks on average.

I really like the idea, Narrah, and hope it works out well for you!

Fully for this and would love to be involved

Quote Originally Posted by AguaRush View Post
    Fully for this and would love to be involved
    Thanks Agua.

Count me in. I go wherever Agua goes! Hehe. P:
    Bumbling Ancient and grumbling Satyr on Chaos- if Helians are supposed to be 'spellcasters', then why is Wintheria, the Gold Rage trainer, a Helian?
    "Let your post stand on its own merits [without the need for attention-seeking tactics such as colours or images]." -GW2 Forum Conduct

Due to some issues i'm having, i'm going to be quitting Istaria for the time being, which ultimately makes the withered raids idea unable to proceed until I get back. I didn't mean to drop this on you so suddenly, it's just that I found out about most of this just now.

No worries narrah, when you return we shall do this event, it sounds awesome!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Narrah View Post
    A note on the rewarding thing. The rewards are mostly going to be loot from the mobs in the deadlands. Also, by T1 to T6 I mean raiding things like the new trismus deadlands first, before progressing up to the eastern deadlands. Over that time, the players participating will probably switch as the levels change. I myself won't be able to participate in the higher level raids like eastern deadlands, so i'll have to have someone else take the lead for those.

I'm only Level 50 or so atm...
    oh I heard of a place in ed thatyou could powerlevel even a level 10 could do it im level 20 and well im going to join in and prod lightningclaw to lead the hunts againt the ed monsters and personally maybe we could go kill sd or something? id like to kill those pale hatchlings for killing me when I watched lightningclaw solo sd
    I am very lucky to know my bonded mate and even luckier still to know i am always on his mind and he on mine for that i am very happy.

Thread Information