Thread: Dragons Able to Cook

Default Dragons Able to Cook

I think dragons should be able to cook meat with they're breath, sometimes burning it but some times cooking it.

Default Re: Dragons Able to Cook

Seriously, why not put a dragon confectioner school in? There's plenty of comedy and roleplaying potential there just waiting to be realized ! Besides, Khalon would look good in a chef's hat hehe!

I understand how it might make sense to do that (and in fact we considered it when we first started work on Confectioner), but we disregarded it because we didn't want to take away from the Confectioner school. And that belief still holds.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Adding it to dragons doesn't automatically imply taking it away from the confectioners.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Adding it to dragons doesn't automatically imply taking it away from the confectioners.
    Adding it to dragons does take away from them though. So the answer is no.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Khalon View Post
    Seriously, why not put a dragon confectioner school in? There's plenty of comedy and roleplaying potential there just waiting to be realized ! Besides, Khalon would look good in a chef's hat hehe!
    Before I took up confectioner class, I started in with pretending to cook - extremely dubious dishes! Since folks did not want to get me upset, they generally spoke of my cooking as "unique" or "indescribable".... one of my favorites was: "You've really outdone yourself this time!"

Dragons can roleplay cooking with their breaths like that. Grab some golden apples, use a single claw to core 'em and stuff 'em with squid, wrap them in a pounded ruxus flank, hold it daintily with your claw, roast them with your breath, and offer the scrumptious(?) delicacy for others to try.

It would be especially fun if there were a dragon mask that looked like a chef's hat.

Bear with me since I'm not very well versed in confectioner yet.

Maybe dragons could be able to "roast" a couple of the things the bipeds can cook and it would:

A. Increase the buff somehow (like a gummy maggot would melt, that won't work but maybe some kind of meat might be given a +5 to health for 20 minutes?)
    B. Provide for an extended benefit (boosting the length of time of the buff for 5 minutes or so)
    C. Not overwrite their dragon buffs (in the case of buffs that won't work because of normal dragon buffs, they might have a very small stackable buff if "cooked" by a dragon)
    D. Some combination of the above?

And maybe we can have just one thing we can cook well that can help with other things like a dragon heart-string stew or something that would be like a tavern bonus for 10 minutes so when you consume biped food afterwards it would give the 300% boost no matter where you consumed it.

Not exactly needed stuff, but little things that could add some "flavor" to the game.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

It depends which server board I think is which.

Or maybe allow dragons to eat raw meat harvested from animals (aka venison, beef, chicken) that gives either a buff or advances death points by a few minutes. :P

And off topic, maybe say "You begin eating <food name>..." instead of "You being using <food name>..." ....makes more sense. Just sort of came to my mind.

Just play the quest that introduces Draconic Celebration cake... there is no way that dragons can cook anything eatable. :P I don't think that would keep them from eating it, though...
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Thread Information